Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Imagine finally winning a game and thinking 'oo I can go on post on Brighton's forum now' :ROFLMAO:
Happy new year indeed 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1-0 was beautiful

1-0 to the Albion ❤️

1-0 and got expansive Pat sacked 🤣

1-0 and the have turgid football again to stay up 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

1-0 🤣👍

Was Doooogle the one at Lewes on the floor after his mates legged it or the one on the train on the floor? Would love to know 🤣

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yesterday's win, just emphasises the patheticness of beaky's decision to hit the panic button when he did.
Palace were never in any real threat of relegation.
Vieira had got them through a challenging run of fixtures and had shown enough to prove he could steer them to safety with the easiest run in.

The Palace faithful's relief at scraping a last minute win at home to Leicester is pretty funny though.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yesterday's win, just emphasises the patheticness of beaky's decision to hit the panic button when he did.
Palace were never in any real threat of relegation.
Vieira had got them through a challenging run of fixtures and had shown enough to prove he could steer them to safety with the easiest run in.

The Palace faithful's relief at scraping a last minute win at home to Leicester is pretty funny though.
Sorry I have to disagree, having watched palace under Viera from probably jan 22 the team looked devoid of a plan, we played more or less the same formation game after game when it clearly wasn’t working if I could see it so could the players.

Like many a great player they don’t make good managers because they are stubborn and believe their way is the right way. I am sorry it didn’t work out for him as I so wanted it to but a bit like your Hyypia days….we tried but it just didn’t work.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry I have to disagree, having watched palace under Viera from probably jan 22 the team looked devoid of a plan, we played more or less the same formation game after game when it clearly wasn’t working if I could see it so could the players.

Like many a great player they don’t make good managers because they are stubborn and believe their way is the right way. I am sorry it didn’t work out for him as I so wanted it to but a bit like your Hyypia days….we tried but it just didn’t work.
In that case I am guessing your performance at the Amex was your best of the season because you looked pretty good in that game

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

What’s the view on Zahas injury, last time in a palace shirt maybe?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
In that case I am guessing your performance at the Amex was your best of the season because you looked pretty good in that game
Was one of the best opening 10 minutes, but from then on, well you saw….this was a pattern, go at the opposition for 10, they would suss that out and no other plan.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What’s the view on Zahas injury, last time in a palace shirt maybe?

Maybe, but time stands for no man. He walked off the pitch and went to the boxing last night so how bad it is I don’t know ?

He looked much more up for it playing on the wing a different player as Viera had him playing as a lone istriker up the middle for a lot of games.

Last edited:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Maybe, but time stands for no man. He walked off the pitch and went to the boxing last night so how bad it is I don’t know ?

He looked much more up for it playing on the wing a different player as Viera had him playing as a loan striker up the middle for a lot of games.
As Vieira had him as a ‘loan’ striker perhaps his mind was elsewhere

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Hmmm Jan 22nd you say:

United (A) - Brighton (H) - Brentford (A) - Liverpool (H) - Villa (A) - City (H) - Brighton (A)

Plenty of teams in the league wouldn't be imposing their football much in that run of fixtures.
Many would consider 3 points as above par. Add in the 2 points from Newcastle and united home games, directly preceding that run and that's a pretty good haul. City needed a second half penalty to deprive you of a point within that run.

Not sure yours is a convincing argument that he didn't deserve a chance to save the season.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Thing is what do Palace do now? Still can't see them going down, so what does the future hold for them playing style wise? Twice they've tried to break away from their conventional style of play and go much more possession and attacking based, but bottled it both times now. We know that this type of transition takes a good while and several transfer windows, so where do they go from here? Once this season is done and dusted, be interesting to see who they target for the Manager's position.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Thing is what do Palace do now? Still can't see them going down, so what does the future hold for them playing style wise? Twice they've tried to break away from their conventional style of play and go much more possession and attacking based, but bottled it both times now. We know that this type of transition takes a good while and several transfer windows, so where do they go from here? Once this season is done and dusted, be interesting to see who they target for the Manager's position.
Precisely.

Beaky's vision is stay up at any cost.

Years 1 - 7 have been based on paying over the top wages to have a team good enough to stay up.
Probem is, not having players who can be resold, has left him with a complete squad rebuild and no funds.

If he hasn't got the backing from the yanks to fund a long term project, it's going to have to be going back to hiring mercenaries, taking advantage of the gravy train, until their luck runs out.
Any attempt to woo a "system" coach is going to be laughed off, after pushing the panic button twice.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, the rumours weren't true then Dougie ..... welcome back, just another four games until it'll impossible for you to catch us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here