Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Ah the New Stand! Well we do now have everything in place, apart from possibly the money ;). If only we had a mega wealthy fan who could bank roll a new stadium for us, without wanting anything in return... What? Jealous? Me? No...
It's OK as the fans were assured the money for it was ring-fenced.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
This is a REAL post on their forum posted by an actual human being. Someone's made a list of our flops in the transfer market. :lol:

Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Here is their "very successful" recruitment strategy. It's a list of all of the transfers in, and their fees, for the past 5 seasons for the weeds. These are the ones that they paid a transfer fee for, who aren't playing in the first 11 and never made it, and I've excluded their recent profit sales from the very few that worked out and the dozens and dozens of loans and frees that they took on.

Jürgen Locadia PSV Eindhoven €17.00m
José Izquierdo Club Brugge €14.50m
Markus Suttner FC Ingolstadt 04 €4.50m
Ezequiel Schelotto Sporting CP €3.00m
Alireza Jahanbakhsh AZ Alkmaar €19.00m
BernardoRB Leipzig €10.00m
Martín Montoya Valencia CF €7.00m
Florin Andone Deportivo de La Coruña €6.00m
David Button Fulham FC €4.50m
Percy Tau Mamelodi Sundowns €3.20m
Jan Mlakar NK Maribor €3.00m
Tudor Baluta FC Viitorul Constanta €2.90m
Anders Dreyer Esbjerg €2.20m
Leo Östigard Molde €110k
Adam Webster Bristol City €22.22m
Matt Clarke Portsmouth€3.90m
Aaron Mooy Huddersfield €3.30m
Jakub Moder Lech Poznan €11.00m
Michal Karbownik Legia Warszawa€5.50m
Andi Zeqiri Lausanne-Sport€4.00m
Enock Mwepu RB Salzburg €23.00m
Kacper Kozlowski Pogon Szczecin €11.00m
Abdallah Sima Slavia Prague €8.00m
Deniz Undav Union SG €7.00m
Kjell Scherpen Ajax €5.00m

26 flops in 4 seasons. TWENTY SIX.

They've been ran through like an Amsterdam hooker, and you talk about how successful they are.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is a REAL post on their forum posted by an actual human being. Someone's made a list of our flops in the transfer market. :lol:
Really clutching at straws.

Loads of those players played significant parts in some seasons. Loads were under 23 players and quite what Webster needs to do to be successful or Moder who would have played for Poland in the WC is beyond me. It's obviously beyond that poster, who incidentally knows what he is doing, and has been deliberately misrepresenting our club and Bloom for ages. What a loser he is.

Edit: Ha, add Mwepu to the list of successes there. Oh and Ostigard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Interesting definition of the word 'flop'.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Got to admit Tim, I, like many others, am not holding out hope for either game (who knows when the re-arranged game will be). We have a distinct lack of goals in the team at the moment, and Wilf being out will not help, as he's one of the few players who really gets the rivalry and tries to up his game. be interesting to see how the new signings fit, and also what the saga over Moises will do to BHA
I think this should be treated like a cup game, in that form goes out the window. Not sure I fully agree with the bookies having Palace at 13/5 and us at 21/20. Will be tough, I can see a draw here.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I count 5 flops in that list, big ones too. However, none as big as Benteke and that centre back from Liverpool they spunked £30m and a shed load of wages on. As for the others, some are successes, some signings didn't achive what we hoped but washed their face with them at least, others were important stop gaps.

There is some serious jealousy going on with that lot up the road!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ah the New Stand! Well we do now have everything in place, apart from possibly the money ;). If only we had a mega wealthy fan who could bank roll a new stadium for us, without wanting anything in return... What? Jealous? Me? No...

I've got everything in place for a new Aston Martin, apart from possibly the money. Although I don't need to reapply for planning permission to buy it.

Oh and Ostigard.
They wish they had a flop that they signed for pretty much nothing and sold for a deal that could meet £10 million to a Champions League side.

That list is ridiculous and clearly they've just looked at players who've played in our last few games. Andone's whole Ablion career was worth it for that goal and i'd say that if he'd cost twice as much.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
To be fair to them, if you read down the rest of the thread the OP gets called out on this bullshit, like this poster says:

So you say you've given a list of all their incoming transfers the past few years, EXCEPT the ones that worked out. That's quite the qualifier. That conveniently leaves out Gross, MacAllister, Burn, Bissouma, Lamptey, Trossard, Maupay, Veltman, Caicedo, Welbeck, Lallana, Mitoma, Colwill, Gilmour, Cucurella and Estupinan. Those players either make up the bulk of their current squad that is in 6th place in the league or have brought in over 100m in transfer fees in the last year. Of course they aren't gonna hit 100%, if they did they'd be winning the league while simultaneously making buckets of transfer profit every year.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I count 5 flops in that list, big ones too. However, none as big as Benteke and that centre back from Liverpool they spunked £30m and a shed load of wages on. As for the others, some are successes, some signings didn't achive what we hoped but washed their face with them at least, others were important stop gaps.

There is some serious jealousy going on with that lot up the road!!

I always think the17 goals Benteke scored in his first season almost certainly kept palace up that season therefore probably paid off.

Sako was a gamble and I loved watching him but was a gamble that probably didn’t pay off….lovely to watch though.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
For many seasons it was commonly accepted that Zaha would have made a combined first 11 of us and them and then it was fairly close for a few others. But this season is there a single Palace player who would start in that team that beat Liverpool 3-0? I honestly can't think of one, including pre-injury Mr Tumble. Essentially a combined first 11 would be all blue and white (plus whatever Sanchez fancies on the day).

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
For many seasons it was commonly accepted that Zaha would have made a combined first 11 of us and them and then it was fairly close for a few others. But this season is there a single Palace player who would start in that team that beat Liverpool 3-0? I honestly can't think of one, including pre-injury Mr Tumble. Essentially a combined first 11 would be all blue and white (plus whatever Sanchez fancies on the day).

As a palace fan I can only point to the relevant positions in the league, and come to the conclusion you are probably right ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As a palace fan I can only point to the relevant positions in the league, and come to the conclusion you are probably right ?
Right up to the moment we lose our next 2 games.

There isn't a single thread on page 1 that makes me think we'll get any points from Bournemouth or palace.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I always think the17 goals Benteke scored in his first season almost certainly kept palace up that season therefore probably paid off.

Sako was a gamble and I loved watching him but was a gamble that probably didn’t pay off….lovely to watch though.
Probably correct for the first contract re Benteke, as expensive as he was. The contract extension to protect their asset though......... I read that Palace have signed a striker in every Jan transfer window since 2018 (only breaking the routine this year), which must indicate some serious floppage too - whilst strikers are always hard to find that is some stat.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Right up to the moment we lose our next 2 games.

There isn't a single thread on page 1 that makes me think we'll get any points from Bournemouth or palace.
It isnt the contents of NSCs recent threads that will decide the points from these matches, but weirdly its the players on the pitch! Who knew?

It has to be said that we have a penchant for failing against all odds to get maximum (or sometimes any) points from Palace and Bournemouth, but given this seasons form it would be a huge surprise to come away with no points at all from the two matches

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Eze and Olise are quality for their age, but would they start for us at the moment?

Not 100% sure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It isnt the contents of NSCs recent threads that will decide the points from these matches, but weirdly its the players on the pitch! Who knew?

It has to be said that we have a penchant for failing against all odds to get maximum (or sometimes any) points from Palace and Bournemouth, but given this seasons form it would be a huge surprise to come away with no points at all from the two matches
I wish I were you, cos it absolutely is everything to do with the contents of NSC.
'
Thankfully it's s incredibly rare we get like 'this' but when we do our hubris isn't backed up.
My only hope is we choke like dogs tomorrow so the reaction game is palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here