Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Has anyone else noticed that when the Palace super ultras first start singing their voices are all high and squeaky, but that once they remove the flares they have shoved-up their a****s they sound like any other typical 15 year old...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Missing Zaha, regardless of his personal form, is a big one for them in this fixture, he’s so often a thorn in our side. They’ve surprised me this season, their manager is doing an amazing job with fairly limited players, the lad they’ve borrowed from Chelsea has been the driving force and was an inspired loan signing. I think we’ve got enough to beat them but it’ll be tight.

Should be a good game for the neutral fans.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would be feeling pretty confident if I was them too.
Their record against Potter is excellent. 3 draws, 2 wins (both at the Amex).

Potter needs to start turning it around. if he wants to be considered in the same league as Chrissy Hughts, when it comes to this fixture.

It always feels to me like Palace turn up for a derby match, playing with urgency and aggression. We show up with that 'treat it like it's just another match, let's not lose our heads, let's just play our typical, disciplined, patient game'. I understand that attitude, but it's frustration, and as results show, not particularly effective at the moment.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I was meant to be going to a gig in London on Friday night. Booked months ago. It got cancelled yesterday.

It’s an ill wind. Tickets sorted. Already buzzing for the big match.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would be feeling pretty confident if I was them too.
Their record against Potter is excellent. 3 draws, 2 wins (both at the Amex).

Potter needs to start turning it around. if he wants to be considered in the same league as Chrissy Hughts, when it comes to this fixture.

I see this as three points, I know others don't and some have even said they'd rather we win this game than win the next two, personally I'd like all three but take the six points with a Palace defeat if it were on offer

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Missing Zaha, regardless of his personal form, is a big one for them in this fixture, he’s so often a thorn in our side. They’ve surprised me this season, their manager is doing an amazing job with fairly limited players, the lad they’ve borrowed from Chelsea has been the driving force and was an inspired loan signing. I think we’ve got enough to beat them but it’ll be tight.

Should be a good game for the neutral fans.

I see him as more of a hindrance for them this season, he seems to have lost his head with everyone this year and I think this fixture would've pushed him over the edge

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don’t think the issue is unsold tickets Tim, it’s about the 1000’s of ticket holders who don’t bother to turn up !!!

This is what that article says.

But a Chelsea spokesman said that the empty home seats were held by season ticket holders so had already been paid for, with the only lost revenue being a result of no-shows not spending on food and drinks.

It looks like in that article you have the 6th most unsold amount of tickets revenue as it says this

Southampton and Burnley were the third and fourth-placed clubs for unsold ticket revenue. Champions Manchester City were fifth. Crystal Palace, Watford, Leeds United, West Ham United and Newcastle United round out the top 10.

Your fans are having a dig at Brighton fans while you are having similar problems. That is typical Palace.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

But a Chelsea spokesman said that the empty home seats were held by season ticket holders so had already been paid for, with the only lost revenue being a result of no-shows not spending on food and drinks.

It looks like in that article you have the 6th most unsold amount of tickets revenue as it says this

Southampton and Burnley were the third and fourth-placed clubs for unsold ticket revenue. Champions Manchester City were fifth. Crystal Palace, Watford, Leeds United, West Ham United and Newcastle United round out the top 10.

Your fans are having a dig at Brighton fans while you are having similar problems. That is typical Palace.

Whichever way you look at it we always have a higher average attendance figure than CPFC2010

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Your fans are having a dig at Brighton fans while you are having worse problems. That is typical Palace.

Indeed

Corrected for you

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any word on the seminal signings of Nketiah and van de Beek, taking them to another level?

Sky report:

355089B2-9F9E-47C4-823E-5ED418782F4E.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here