Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Laughable. If they raised £100m it still wouldn't happen.

Does anyone really believe that Gallagher would actually want to commit to sign permanently to play in an old cowshed in front of a gaggle of tragic slack-jawed black-clad bangdrumming GOONS ? He needs to have a word with the SEGW to see how that career plan pans out.

He'll either go back to Chelsea to fight for his place there, or sign for a proper club. Not some gaudy jester-clad mickey mouse outfit where the best he'll achieve is 15th, and a Cup exit at Blackburn.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think our club think the facilities are important, but so is playing as high up the leagues as we can, that is why when I see comments like that, I just tend to think that the person who wrote it doesn't understand how we are run. I most definitely dont think we think the stadium is more important than what we do on the pitch,in fact I would go as far as to say no other club as a whole (not just the mens team) has put more importance on what happens on the pitch than us.

I would argue that TB has invested more strongly in permanent infrastructure (across all teams and the academy itself) than he has in temporary on-pitch glory. Had Tony spent all the money invested in long term stability, growth and other non-playing elements and thrown that money into the transfer budget we would be both higher up the tables (more often and for longer than we have this season) but be in a much worse shape as instead we are a Club with a long and stable future (in whatever league we find ourselves in) because the infrastructure is right. This means both "bums on seats" in a modern, comfortable stadium and also with a steady flow of talent attracted to and graduating from a top-rated academy.

Solid foundations last longer.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Laughable. If they raised £100m it still wouldn't happen.

Does anyone really believe that Gallagher would actually want to commit to sign permanently to play in an old cowshed in front of a gaggle of tragic slack-jawed black-clad bangdrumming GOONS ? He needs to have a word with the SEGW to see how that career plan pans out.

He'll either go back to Chelsea to fight for his place there, or sign for a proper club. Not some gaudy jester-clad mickey mouse outfit where the best he'll achieve is 15th, and a Cup exit at Blackburn.

The anger runs deep with this one :lol::lol::lol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

What anger? Your best player isn't yours? Which I guess is a bit better than your best player not wanting to be there that you are used to

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What anger? Your best player isn't yours? Which I guess is a bit better than your best player not wanting to be there that you are used to

I was just referring to Mr Angry, the serial poster of the BBS away section :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

In the great scheme of things, Crystal Palace FC are nowhere near important enough to illicit emotions of anger.

I think you are mistaking anger for complete and utter disdain. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was just referring to Mr Angry, the serial poster of the BBS away section :rolleyes:

I can't even remember the last time I bothered posting on there. You'd literally be going back years, but by all means have a trawl, if you've got a quiet afternoon.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
In the great scheme of things, Crystal Palace FC are nowhere near important enough to illicit emotions of anger.

I think you are mistaking anger for complete and utter disdain. :thumbsup:

Nah, definite anger :smile:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Not some gaudy jester-clad mickey mouse outfit where the best he'll achieve is 15th.

Are you confusing Palace, whose worst finish in 9 years in the premier league was 15th, with Brighton who have finished 15th or worse in every year bar one in their time in the EPL?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, Brighton & Palace fans if you could give each opposing club a present what would it be? And, if you could take a gift from the other club what would it be?

For me I'd like to offer Palace an ethical and moral compass, and I'd like to take Eze.

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
So, Brighton & Palace fans if you could give each opposing club a present what would it be? And, if you could take a gift from the other club what would it be?

For me I'd like to offer Palace an ethical and moral compass, and I'd like to take Eze.

If like to present them with an old invoice from St John’s Ambulance circa 2010, I’d like to receive Gallagher.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'd wrap and send the Richard back that they left in the dressing room, it must really homesick, nearly 8 years away from its usually surroundings.
I'd take Gallagher in return

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
I might be wrong but I believe their decent fans paid that debt off.

There were many other local businesses they shafted though, not just once but twice

I'd give them access to the Withdean stadium, as an upgrade on their current dump, in exchange for Gallagher and the SEGW

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Are you confusing Palace, whose worst finish in 9 years in the premier league was 15th, with Brighton who have finished 15th or worse in every year bar one in their time in the EPL?

I'm not suggesting he'd want to come to Brighton. But my eyebrows would be heading in a northwards direction if he actually wanted to put pen to paper for your scabby mob after this season. His stock has now become a LOT higher than settling for a permanent contract at the Stad de Clad.

It'd be akin to Michelle Pfeiffer agreeing to appear in Mrs Browns Boys for a couple of years.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There were many other local businesses they shafted though, not just once but twice

I'd give them access to the Withdean stadium, as an upgrade on their current dump, in exchange for Gallagher and the SEGW

Technically different people and different organisations doing the shafting but I get your drift. Cuntishness must be one of things each brand new organisation must take over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here