Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
First rule of being a centre back, don’t let it bounce…hopefully a lesson learned.

Hopefully not for the Palace CB’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
For us, the ground is more important than points on the board. If we have a ground, then we can go and watch our team, which we would do whatever the results and whatever the division. For a good percentage of Palace fans, if they don't have the points to stay in the EPL, it won't matter if they don't have a ground either, as they wouldn't be going there anyway.

30,000 at the Amex in a league two relegation battle against Crawley would be very impressive and so not how football works even if we like to think its the way we work.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
You are right, I will not listen, not for any other reason than I don't really have the time. If it's about your foreign owners saying how much they love Palace and followed Nookie the Bear in their younger days, then good for them. Like all foreign owners, they are investors, nothing more, we all know that apart from the Arabs and Russians who have more money then sense. Have not your American owners being trying to sell their shares for quite a considerable time? I maybe wrong but i would hate Bloom to sell to guys like you have, maybe I am an old Romantic and love the fact we have a owner who invests from the heart as he is a life long fan, all your owners can't really say that? If I can't sleep one night will listen to the link, but expect it's a bit of a PR exercise, I could be wrong of course. This is a view shared by lots of Palace fans, they don't trust their owners, Parish heart in right place, but lost a lot of supporters with his treatment of the fans that were moved for the Ultras and the realisation that he takes a huge salary which surely is a bit strange for a co owner?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
You are right, I will not listen, not for any other reason than I don't really have the time. If it's about your foreign owners saying how much they love Palace and followed Nookie the Bear in their younger days, then good for them. Like all foreign owners, they are investors, nothing more, we all know that apart from the Arabs and Russians who have more money then sense. Have not your American owners being trying to sell their shares for quite a considerable time? I maybe wrong but i would hate Bloom to sell to guys like you have, maybe I am an old Romantic and love the fact we have a owner who invests from the heart as he is a life long fan, all your owners can't really say that? If I can't sleep one night will listen to the link, but expect it's a bit of a PR exercise, I could be wrong of course. This is a view shared by lots of Palace fans, they don't trust their owners, Parish heart in right place, but lost a lot of supporters with his treatment of the fans that were moved for the Ultras and the realisation that he takes a huge salary which surely is a bit strange for a co owner?

It’s nothing like your highlighted assumption at all.

Maybe those Palace fans you mention should have a listen themselves. :)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I'm listening to it now, I'm at the point where he says about being at Selhurst twice and the Academy over a dozen times. He basically says he is more interested in the Academy and women team. Hes no Steve Parish (and Steve is no Tony Bloom).

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I have listened to 25 mins then got a bit bored with his voice. He comes across as a decent man, my views were on your existing American owners, who basically have not really shone. Sounds like he has issues with Hedge Funds a bit like Simon Jordan!. Time will tell with his investment, but there was nothing in the 25 mins to
Make me think that he is nothing more than an investor to make money. I have worked for American owners / CEO etc, some good some bad, but they all talk a good game, this guy was the same. I hope it works out well, but think deep
Down you would rather have a Tony Bloom at the helm, a fan, a superb business man and not in it to
Make a buck.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I have listened to 25 mins then got a bit bored with his voice. He comes across as a decent man, my views were on your existing American owners, who basically have not really shone. Sounds like he has issues with Hedge Funds a bit like Simon Jordan!. Time will tell with his investment, but there was nothing in the 25 mins to
Make me think that he is nothing more than an investor to make money. I have worked for American owners / CEO etc, some good some bad, but they all talk a good game, this guy was the same. I hope it works out well, but think deep
Down you would rather have a Tony Bloom at the helm, a fan, a superb business man and not in it to
Make a buck.

I agree with this. At the end of it he is asked about his vision for Palace, his reply makes him sound like he is their Tech guy. He is still trying with Benfica. When he talks about the 11am Friday meetings it sounds like the Americans are more like sounding boards and basically the end descision is they agree with Parish, carry on (he does admit he hasn't been there long and it is easy to agree when things are going right).

All in all I listen to a Palace thing, and come away not thinking I wish Brighton did that as either they already do it, or it isn't something that makes us better.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Make a buck.

Has this very chat with a couple of Palace fans the other day. The conclusion was you're unlikely to concede in a contest about who is better. We can both takes things from each other, we'd like to create the atmosphere they've created, on occasions, and they'd like our ground, our Academy, our Chairman, our Manager, our Captain, our Community project support, our ethos, our Technical Director and the huge loyal support we have.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd imagine [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION] etc would love our problem of only getting draws, and some of those in the last few minutes of a game, as opposed to blowing it in the last minute and not getting any points.

* There will now be an explanation of how hard their opening fixtures have been and how easy our were.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I'd imagine [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION] etc would love our problem of only getting draws, and some of those in the last few minutes of a game, as opposed to blowing it in the last minute and not getting any points.

* There will now be an explanation of how hard their opening fixtures have been and how easy our were.

Yes we are losing points and games in the last knockings….game management and a bit of bad luck, oh well we can learn from it !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yes we are losing points and games in the last knockings….game management and a bit of bad luck, oh well we can learn from it !

You must be happy with Patty Viera though, seems to have got you playing good football

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I wonder what happens to the cash when they don't reach £50,000,000

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Can't they just get an IOU from the money that's been ring-fenced for the new stand and then pay it back when the Go Fund Me page successfully reaches its target.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Now, I'm no mathematician, but raising £125 a week to reach £50m will take a while. I fear young Conor may be a tad past his best when they've raised enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here