Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
https://www.cpfc.co.uk/palace-tv/vi...e-new-crystal-palace-f-c--academy/2021-10-28/

My biggest fear was we wouldn’t have anything to show for our stint in the premier league. Now we have.

All of a sudden facilities are important? When are you going to take your womens team seriously and give them a training ground to be proud of? For a team always in your shadow you always seem to be a step or two behind us when it comes to off the field things.

Its nice and you should be proud, but it is what is expected at this level, its funny reading your fans say things like I have been in there and there is none better.

By the way this is Brightons training ground 5 years ago before our newly opened extension,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jj_8ZWEy6k

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
All of a sudden facilities are important? When are you going to take your womens team seriously and give them a training ground to be proud of? For a team always in your shadow you always seem to be a step or two behind us when it comes to off the field things.

The women will use this state of the art facility I believe.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Ah so your women team with full time jobs who train 3 evenings a week are going to train permanently in the academy training facility where young boys are also going to be training?

I believe so. As it’s got 13 changing rooms there’s plenty of room.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The women will use this state of the art facility I believe.

How magnanimous of them to let people completely unaffiliated with the club use their facilities.

Talking out of your arse again, there's a surprise. They are independent of the men's team, most teams players in their league have to find their own sponsors to pay their way. Anyone has to pay their subs in amateur sports.
I realise that the money is a drop in the ocean compared to the money that is generated. I would much rather see the club support kids football or even something like the REMF, if the women fancy playing football then let them pay for it, the same way that the vast majority of adults have to pay for themselves when they are playing sport. It's hardly a vast amount as you say, I pay far more than that in course membership each year.
As for people spouting on about equality, who can they complain about? Considering they have no legal connection to CPFC.

The key point is CPFC don’t own CPLFC. It’s a simple fact that seems to have been missed by those delighting in this non story.

Personally I’d love NSC to sponsor one of the reserve players in any of the CPLFC teams. It would be both welcome and, dare I say it, Id personally find it bloody funny, heck I’d even publicly thank each and every one of you that did.

It would be the same as a palace fan helping to sponsor a Brighton game when they needed it.

Imagine that. :)

I must confess I know nothing about ladies football and sadly care less ( that's my bad ) but I read this earlier.

To be honest, I can't see why this is even an issue. If you follow CPLFC on the various media outlets, you will have seen that most of the first team have got sponsorship to cover these fees.

CPFC cover some of the finances, but basically, the Ladies are still an independent club with the same need to have financial input from members as any other non-professional club - in fact most clubs in professional football ask fans or companies to sponsor players, so this is a quite ridiculous story.

As said its not anything that would be on my radar.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
How magnanimous of them to let people completely unaffiliated with the club use their facilities.

I know. It’s for the local community to use and benefit from.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
And if you have the time, which I'm sure you will, you could explain your homophobic signature on bbs. There's a good boy.

The idiot is a troll who gets off on stuff like this. Even the Palace forum think he's a clown.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Its nice and you should be proud, but it is what is expected at this level, its funny reading your fans say things like I have been in there and there is none better.

By the way this is Brightons training ground 5 years ago before our newly opened extension,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jj_8ZWEy6k

The ladies team started using the new academy complex 4 months ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here