Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
This thread could really do with a name change.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Palace have done much better than I expected them to.
I think I said anything over 6pts after our game and they will be comfortably safe this season.
To be honest they already look more than good enough to stay up (annoyingly).

It will be a very tough game on Monday and probably a much better match than the previous 4.

Potter needs to improve his overall pts total against that lot. His only (but major) flaw IMO.
A loss would be a disaster. Far more important that we don't lose on Monday than any result tonight.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Yes.. Melon head seems to have had a lot of luck... Playing Spurs reserves for example... I love how you lost 3-0 to Liverpool but it was a wonderful performance.. give me strength, you got battered.

It was far from a battering. We hit the post twice in the 1st 5 minutes, had 2 penalty decisions ignored, and Edouard could have scored 2 when he came on with a better touch. Admittedly the better team one, but we weren't battered. The last time we were truly battered was at the Amex last season, and we know how that turned out:whistle:

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
It was far from a battering. We hit the post twice in the 1st 5 minutes, had 2 penalty decisions ignored, and Edouard could have scored 2 when he came on with a better touch. Admittedly the better team one, but we weren't battered. The last time we were truly battered was at the Amex last season, and we know how that turned out:whistle:

G.Pott has now started teaching our lot that you need to actually kick the ball in the net...

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Three days after Liverpool played AC Milan. Perfectly timed for a victory for you.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And Spurs were in meltdown at the time too. S American players being dropped and in-fighting all over the place. I said at the time that it was an ideal time to play them. And Palarse made the most of it.

Meltdown ?
They had won 3 out of 3 , and were joint top !!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Meltdown ?
They had won 3 out of 3 , and were joint top !!

Joint top by winning three games before the international break.
Cristian Romero, Davinson Sanchez and Giovani Lo Celso all missing because they went AWOL in South America.
Son (arguably their most dangerous player) out injured
Tanganga sent off after 59 minutes at 0-0

We'll see on Monday won't we.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Joint top by winning three games before the international break.
Cristian Romero, Davinson Sanchez and Giovani Lo Celso all missing because they went AWOL in South America.
Son (arguably their most dangerous player) out injured
Tanganga sent off after 59 minutes at 0-0

We'll see on Monday won't we.

Yep :thumbsup:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It's interesting you leave out the fact Spurs were playing with 10 men for nearly half the match :ffsparr:

In fairness, we were quite happy beating City with 10 men for most of the match and we don't put an * by the result. Whilst we have had an amazing start, it would be churlish not to accept that Palace have had a tough series of games. Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and West Ham , Brentford. Most on here thought (and hoped) that they would have a complete nightmare start, given the new manager and playing staff, but they have done OK. The only expected "easy game" in that list is Brentord and lets be honest, they have done much better than many expected

I think most people accept that the table after 5 games is no real barometer to final positions, and although its certainly an indicator of those in real trouble, it may look very different in 5 games time.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Surely now we are now finally at the point of realising this thread titles literal meaning. Can you imagine the angst on here if it were Brighton at home, and Palace needing to win to go top of the Premier League.

Its possibly the first and only time that we will be in this position and whilst it may easily all go to pot by 10pm Monday , the Palace fans must be dreading the prospect of Albion fans chanting "We're top of the League.." at Selhurst

The thought of them beating us at the Amex and rubbing it in by singing "top of the league" would just be the worst.

Will it happen? well 8 hours ago most of us would have said not, now? well we are just 90 mins away from possibly seeing something that I doubt many of us really thought was possible,

Worst case scenario- we end up in sixth place in the Prem , which most of us would not have even contemplated as being feasable
but we are so close...

What a time to be an Albion fan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A glance at the scores today suggests that, if Liverpool don’t win tonight, and you manage to beat us on Monday then you go top of the EPL.

Shit.

Good post. Always welcome on NSC. Good times and bad. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here