Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Two good wins for our sides yesterday, the tables looking better (obviously not the top). It’s setting up nicely for our game with both of us having tough games next weekend. Tbh I’m surprised pat is getting his football philosophy through pretty quickly and the players are buying into it. But it’s very early days and staying up will be our aim again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What minute will The first Zaha dive be? What minute will he start crying? Go on Duffers, you know what to do…

We will need to score 3 to win, Zaha loves scoring against us and you just know Edouard will pop one in too

We could have a classic old school Derby now we both want to play, we could stuff them out of sight and vice versa. I’m going for a cancel each other out draw just like we did so often back in the day, 2-2 it is then :smile:

Is it just old timers that “get” this rivalry?

Might be worth a poll?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Let’s not forget the fact that both Zaha and Awey should have been sent off...your luck won’t continue

It will, it always does. That's why they are still a club despite going bust twice. It's how they somehow manage to sign players that will fluke them to stay up again this season. One day that pustulated weeping sphincter of a clubs luck will run out, hope I'm alive to see it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What did Awey do ? More to the point who is Awey ?

I call a fair game, that win was not in anyway lucky, just look at the stats, even when they had 11 on the park.

Fair play I was really impressed by your football yesterday, didn't let Spurs settle at all and deserved to win whether they had 10 or 11 on the field.

Two CB had a great game and Gallagher looks like a shrewd loan. With a couple to come back and Edouard getting off the mark early you have every right to feel enthusiastic.

Pretty disappointed as a Brighton fan, was hoping for implosion!

Going to be a great game of football when we meet, and hopefully we'll be on the right side of it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's a real shame but I think 'ol Patsy's on to something with his style of play, I just hope we both give a good account of ourselves in the A27, A23, M25, Croydon High Street Derby

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Arsenal to sack Arteta soon...? :whistle:

Oh what a joy, Patsy has a good run, only losing by the odd goal in the 98th minute against Brighton and The Arse snap him up

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
It's funny how the Palace fans have disappeared again.

Now I know you're still lurking on here, so here's a summary:

We're 4th ... can't see where you are, sorry!

Looking forward to next Monday ....... MIND THE GAP!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Where do you think Brighton would be in the league if you had our first 5 fixtures?

If you still think you would be in 4th place then fair enough and perhaps you have “ Got bigger fish to fry”

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's a real shame but I think 'ol Patsy's on to something with his style of play, I just hope we both give a good account of ourselves in the A27, A23, M25, Croydon High Street Derby
Too early to say. Granted they've had a tough start.

They look good and prettier football, but they've only won once against a woeful 10 men spurs.

Will be interesting to see if they better last season's points total.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Where do you think Brighton would be in the league if you had our first 5 fixtures?

If you still think you would be in 4th place then fair enough and perhaps you have “ Got bigger fish to fry”

Last year, after a similar first five fixtures to yours this year, we were 16th with four points, but we had to do it the hard way as nobody we played had more than half of their first team unavailable before a game and further injuries / dismissals during it. We've had a bit of luck on our side in some games this season, but Palace are the only team in the league to have been gifted a guaranteed win by their opponent's straitened circumstances.

I'm sure the usual Palace luck will continue on Monday. If they fell down the sewer they'd come up smelling of chocolate. (And then make knowingly false accusations about the sewer that would risk innocent people's livelihoods).

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Interesting question, I’d say Chelsea (L), Brentford (W), West Ham (D), Spurs (W), Liverpool (L) which is seven points, it’s all guesswork though. How many points would you have taken given our fixtures (obviously you’ve already played two of the teams that we have this season so that should help with your analysis)?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

What’s the old saying? Pride comes before a fall. I’m not counting any chickens.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Clearly we wouldn't, but that's never stopped either one of us winding the other up, has it? :wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What’s the old saying? Pride comes before a fall. I’m not counting any chickens.

Me neither, but I'm also not going to lose this moment to enjoy our success, albeit limited and albeit possibly short lived. We've supported this club long enough to know these times can be infrequent and need to be exploited when available

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
To be fair, we have 4 points more than i thought we would have at this stage. I thought we would get a point against Brentford, but expected us to lose the others

I didnt expect you to beat leicester, but other games have gone as I would have guessed.

Monday night will be interesting, it will be a good measure of how PVs new style gets on against a team I would expect to finish in a similar spot to us at the end of the season. Let's hope he has been educated on how important the game is, and that our new signings are also reminded of Boxing Day

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Me neither, but I'm also not going to lose this moment to enjoy our success, albeit limited and albeit possibly short lived. We've supported this club long enough to know these times can be infrequent and need to be exploited when available

Is that the distant sound of fate being tempted? Why yes... I think it is... Cue a 2-0 defeat full of Brighton dominance and missed opportunities. Thanks Tim...

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
To be fair, we have 4 points more than i thought we would have at this stage. I thought we would get a point against Brentford, but expected us to lose the others

I didnt expect you to beat leicester, but other games have gone as I would have guessed.

Monday night will be interesting, it will be a good measure of how PVs new style gets on against a team I would expect to finish in a similar spot to us at the end of the season. Let's hope he has been educated on how important the game is, and that our new signings are also reminded of Boxing Day

So you thought we would beat Brentford away but you would only draw with them at home. Don't really back your own team do you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here