Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new injury free pitch.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
With all the injurys we now have,does anyone else think maybe this state of the art new fibre injury free pitch we have is maybe not working and maybe working against us.? or is it just plain bad luck,to many pulled hamstrings for my likeing. just a thought. ? ? :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have had just as many injuries on the road so no I don't think it is the pitch.

More likely a result of the players performing and training at a higher intensity than league 1

May 17, 2011
1066 country
It may have something to do with it, in that they don't train on anything similar at the moment. Suspect though that we are just being rather unlucky this year.

My line of thinking is a pitch with fibres in may have more give in it which would be great when you fall over or hit it hard but may not be as good as something more solid that you need to spring off into a sprint,like maybe blocks for a sprinter. which nooney,kaz and buckley are,sprinters. Maybe that bit of give in the playing surfice isn't good for a hamstring. Anyone ? ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My line of thinking is a pitch with fibres in may have more give in it which would be great when you fall over or hit it hard but may not be as good as something more solid that you need to spring off into a sprint,like maybe blocks for a sprinter. which nooney,kaz and buckley are,sprinters. Maybe that bit of give in the playing surfice isn't good for a hamstring. Anyone ? ?

No idea. A reasonable theory though. Once the academy is up and running, I would imagine that the training pitches there will be to the same standard, so they will get used to it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The fibre pitch would have more purchase for a sprint start than the withdean pitch

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps the club could contact and ask for injury details of the respective players for clubs that have played here to see if a trend appears.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
[MENTION=19503]Hastings woody[/MENTION]
Harder league, harder on the body, haven't been in this league for a while...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here