Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Opposition red cards in the PL

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So, who were our 17? Five for Dunk. Then - Caicedo against someone (?), Dahoud against Sheff U, Duffy against Palace, ,Gilmour against Everton, Knocky against Bournemouth, Lamptey against Newcastle (?), Propper against someone (?), Sanchez against Huddersfield (?) and Stephens against Leicester. I'm missing three - Andone must have been sent off somewhere. Was Hamed one of the others?

I miscounted earlier, it's actually 19 red cards not 17. Caicedo was never sent off for us, Sanchez was against Newcastle, Stephens against Cardiff and Proper against Huddersfield. The full list is below.

Dunk
18-19 Bournemouth (a)
20-21 Palace (a), Wolves (a)
21-22 Man Utd (a)
23-24 Forest (a)

Knockaert
17-18 Everton (a)
18-19 Bournemouth (h)

Mooy
19-20 Aston Villa (a)

Stephens
18-19 Cardiff (a)

Duffy
18-19 Palace (h)

Propper
17-18 Huddersfield (h)

Andone
19-20 Southampton (h)

Bissouma
20-21 Newcastle (a)

Sanchez
21-22 Newcastle (h)

Gilmour
23-24 Everton (h)

Lamptey
20-21 Aston Villa (a)

Maupay
20-21 Wolves (a)

Dahoud
23-24 Sheff United (h)

White
20-21 Chelsea (a)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sterling work again Joey. I mixed up Bissouma and Caicedo, I remember his sending off, a high kick accidentally caught someone in the gob.

So, seven home red cards against four away at the Amex. I bet there aren't many clubs with twice as many home sendings off as away ones

ACobweb

Dec 27, 2022
Like @Gwylan I had a vague memory of a Hemed dismissal. Having now checked he was vey unluckily given a retrospective 3 match ban by the video review people after the game.

The game was on sky and because Hemed had scored in a pretty dull 1-0 win over their beloved Toon they showed replay after replay of his little kick out during post match analysis.

At the time I thought it did probably warrant some respective punishment but seeing dozens and dozens of cases of far worse behaviour being ignored every season since does get on my nerves.

A good example of the referees/football authorities not following a reliable and fair process and instead just reacting to whatever narrative the media decide to push.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here