Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Official NFL Thread 2023/2024

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wow. Got home at 2am, got up again at 5:20am to nervously see if my Seahawks could at least not embarrass themselves against SF.

They totally embarassed themselves.

Absolute car crash.

Hard to choose between so many classic f***-ups, but the play where QB Geno Smith tried to drop back into the pocket, tripped on the heels of his own running back, and fell flat on his arse within millimetres of conceding a 2pt safety was a real highlight.

That's now 19 offensive drives in a row without a TD.

Go Hawks.... :rolleyes:
Just be grateful your local team isn't the Arizona Cardinals.....

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else watching the Dolphins at the Jets?

Switched over straight after our U21s game. It's been a NUTS last few minutes of the 2nd quarter. First a scoreless Jets get a pick six from nowhere and miss the extra point. Then they get ANOTHER interception to give them a Hail Mary chance with 2 seconds of the half left. They attempt the Hail Mary and the Dolphins intercept it for a 99 yard pick six the other way. From a shot at a 13-10 lead for the Jets to going in 6-17 in two actual seconds of game clock.

Madness.
Been dipping in and out during ad breaks (Friday night is Mrs DCH's TV choice before I spend most of the weekend watching horse racing, football and NFL) - couldn't believe how bad that play was at the end of the half but sums up the Jets really.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Been dipping in and out during ad breaks (Friday night is Mrs DCH's TV choice before I spend most of the weekend watching horse racing, football and NFL) - couldn't believe how bad that play was at the end of the half but sums up the Jets really.
Yup. I was a wee bit aghast at the missed extra point. When you compare it to throwing a 99 yard pick six it's fairly insignificant.

Makes being a Bear more, er, BEARable :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't see that coming to be honest.
I don't know about that.

To me it feels like this season the coaching staff dropped a winning lottery ticket on a windy day.

Every time they got close to collecting a modest fortune the wind took it off again.

Last week Watson's deep threat TD was the moment the coaches got close enough for a foot hold.
Thursday was actually getting the foot hold.

Now all they've got to do is pick up the ticket v KC, as from then on the schedule is a list of choking dogs.

I'm not expecting a win, next Sunday, they just need to not poop the bed.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Just been made aware of NFL Pick’em (a sort of prediction League) would anyone be interested in an NSC league at all? Or have any experience with this?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just been made aware of NFL Pick’em (a sort of prediction League) would anyone be interested in an NSC league at all? Or have any experience with this?
I’ve played it before, if you set up a league next season I’ll be in.

Huge game coming up in the AFC South today as the 7-3 Jaguars face the 6-4 Tinhorns (😬). Houston will take top spot with a win as they have the head to head advantage. Lawrence is 1-3 against this rabble so needs to get his head together, very conceded about Stroud being that Jags’ #1 corner, Tyson Campbell, is out with a hamstring injury. Ideally CJ will pad his INT stat line a bit more today.

GO JAGS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't know about that.

To me it feels like this season the coaching staff dropped a winning lottery ticket on a windy day.

Every time they got close to collecting a modest fortune the wind took it off again.

Last week Watson's deep threat TD was the moment the coaches got close enough for a foot hold.
Thursday was actually getting the foot hold.

Now all they've got to do is pick up the ticket v KC, as from then on the schedule is a list of choking dogs.

I'm not expecting a win, next Sunday, they just need to not poop the bed.
The Pack does seem dependant on which Jordan Love turns up though, seems to have got over a mid-season blip.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Pack does seem dependant on which Jordan Love turns up though, seems to have got over a mid-season blip.
I don't think that's quite it, yes there's an element of that but it's not the full story.
There have been a couple of 'well Rogers would have won that' games, but that's hardly fair.

They're heavily reliant on Dillion and Jones who've been in and out making it easy for the opposition.

Watson is the only receiver who seems capable of going 30+ yards for a catch, but he appears to be the epitome of a confidence player, and he's had none - making it easy for the opposition.

Now the only Tight End who shows any ability to move the chains, rookie Musgrove, is on IR.

I don't think Love has had the 3 'normal' threats, in a game all season.

Having said all that, after KC they must have the easiest closing 5 games in the NFL (Giants, Panthers, Viqueens, Bucks and CareBears).
Love will need to stand up, carry the team, and close those games out for a 10-7 record, for him to be an NFL QB of note.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't think that's quite it, yes there's an element of that but it's not the full story.
There have been a couple of 'well Rogers would have won that' games, but that's hardly fair.

They're heavily reliant on Dillion and Jones who've been in and out making it easy for the opposition.

Watson is the only receiver who seems capable of going 30+ yards for a catch, but he appears to be the epitome of a confidence player, and he's had none - making it easy for the opposition.

Now the only Tight End who shows any ability to move the chains, rookie Musgrove, is on IR.

I don't think Love has had the 3 'normal' threats, in a game all season.

Having said all that, after KC they must have the easiest closing 5 games in the NFL (Giants, Panthers, Viqueens, Bucks and CareBears).
Love will need to stand up, carry the team, and close those games out for a 10-7 record, for him to be an NFL QB of note.
Doubs has looked better than Watson until Detroit. Generally Jones is steady, but unless you have a passing game, it is easy to stop the run, see Saquon.

(Trouble is Love is in one of my fantasy teams)

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Interesting Packers stat I read last night....

Through 11 games as starter, Jordan Love has 2,599 yds & 21 total TD's.

Through 11 games as starter, Aaron Rodgers had 2,599 yds & 21 total TD's.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure what has happened with my Broncos but this run of form is totally unexpected.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not sure what has happened with my Broncos but this run of form is totally unexpected.
As a Browns fan since 1986, I've always hated the Broncos....but to put 29 pts up against that defense last night was pretty impressive.
Mind you, when you've got an offense as anemic as the Browns right now, keeping Garrett & Co on the field as much as they are is going to be a bonus for any opposition they face.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As a Browns fan since 1986, I've always hated the Broncos....but to put 29 pts up against that defense last night was pretty impressive.
Mind you, when you've got an offense as anemic as the Browns right now, keeping Garrett & Co on the field as much as they are is going to be a bonus for any opposition they face.
Yeah. After the last two results I was just beginning to believe that maybe, just maybe we were going to overcome adversity and not totally Browns it up. (And without the sex pest).

Ah well, more fool me!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very competitive battle between the Jags and Texans. Stroud v Lawrence is going to be a tasty duel for many years.
Indeed! The problematic DW4 aside, the best gunslingers in the South probably since Luck retired. Great duels ahead.

Credit and the spoils to your Jags this time, my Texans are a work in progress both on and off the field with some bizarre calls.

Relying on a 58 yarder to tie up the game was always asking a bit. Ah well, we're still ahead of schedule.

Seeing 3 South teams in the top 8 AFC seeds is taking some getting used to!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Absolute scenes in philli last night.

end to end stuff, literally but again my boys find a way to get a result and pull away

IMG_0153.jpeg

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Already thinking we (the Browns) move on to next week. Cant see them doing much offensively against the Rams tonight with Flacco under center. I expect him to be a bit of an upgrade on DTR & PJ, but no way he will keep up with Stafford and his WR Corp with less than 2 weeks of practice...and the run game probably wont have much joy against Aaron Donald & his crew...

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Already thinking we (the Browns) move on to next week. Cant see them doing much offensively against the Rams tonight with Flacco under center. I expect him to be a bit of an upgrade on DTR & PJ, but no way he will keep up with Stafford and his WR Corp with less than 2 weeks of practice...and the run game probably wont have much joy against Aaron Donald & his crew...
Would be brilliant if Flacco gets off his deckchair to lead the Browns to the playoffs...

I think Cleveland has a chance here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here