Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC On a Go-Slow?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I have been having trouble with NSC. It is loading painfully slow, and I have even tried on another PC.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We have almost limitless resources available to run the site now. I've never seen it go slow since we've been with our current hosts.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am also personally going a bit slow today, but i blame that on a conker-tosser that struck my temple with his dry tool yesterday and not Bozza (unless that was him who threw it(and unless this story was at all true)).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Thank you Bozza for your reply. It is appreciated.

Can you think of anything that would be causing the problem at this end (it is only a problem on NSC).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
@pork pie one thing I have noticed occasionally is pages being slow to load with the message something like "Waiting for pagead2.googlesyndication.com"... usually the main Big Board forum page.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I have been having trouble with NSC. It is loading painfully slow, and I have even tried on another PC.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Its been painfully slow the last couple of days for me too (and still is).

Every other web page I load is fast as normal so I can deduce that its just NSC?

NSC is fine on my iphone when used at home on the same broadband connection but is slow on the pc - any ideas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if there's some fallout of the Twitter and/or Facebook integrations causing the issue.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I wonder if there's some fallout of the Twitter and/or Facebook integrations causing the issue.

I figured it must be something to do with the changes going on but seems strange that its not everyone experiencing this?

Really is slow - just took nearly 2 mins to refresh this page to see your response!

Have found myself using the iphone rather than the PC cos its not worth the hassle - like being back on dial-up!!

We have almost limitless resources available to run the site now. I've never seen it go slow since we've been with our current hosts.
Does that mean that actions such as the suspension of avatar displays for example, when the fixtures are released, will now be unnecessary?

In the last couple of days, on two occasions, a reply (with quote) has failed to upload, although the browser indicates that it is trying. I usually have about a dozen tabs open, though (Google Chrome).

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll turn a load of the plugins off for a while - let me know if it improves.

(But you're right - most people as best I am aware, including me, have no performance issues)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My PC has to load Page One of the Big Board in two stages. Loads the top half, the green bars appear, it has a bit of a breather, then loads the whol page. Has been like that for a couple of months now. I've always just put it down to a combination of the increased number of users trying to access the page and the fact that I've got a fairly old (5-6 years) PC with a probably outdated spec. Not a big problem either way :shrug:

Admin

Administrator
Oct 3, 2009
My PC has to load Page One of the Big Board in two stages. Loads the top half, the green bars appear, it has a bit of a breather, then loads the whol page. Has been like that for a couple of months now. I've always just put it down to a combination of the increased number of users trying to access the page and the fact that I've got a fairly old (5-6 years) PC with a probably outdated spec. Not a big problem either way :shrug:

It certainly won't be server based - the site is always very snappy for me - as it should be given our hosting infrastructure (and associated cost!) now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here