Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Went again, took 15 mins to get back :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm doing some stuff
If I could make a request please sir:

Could you do 'stuff' during the close season, or, failing that, after we've lost a game, when most of us want a break from the doom merchants on here. Because following our last minute winner against Manure, I'm like a coke addict who's finally managed to get his grubby hands on a bag of pure white heaven (sorry, I don't know how to eloquently write about getting a fix, I'm far too straight).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went again, took 15 mins to get back :(
When you say "went again" - what happened? When you weren't reaching the site, what message were you getting?

I've not touched anything since yesterday afternoon, so nothing should have changed for anyone since then, but DNS is a funny old thing, so it could be that the route between you and NSC's server is getting muddled.

But it may be something else - which is why knowing the message would help me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When you say "went again" - what happened? When you weren't reaching the site, what message were you getting?

Every time up until this one, I was getting the Bad Request message (see post #24).

But this time I think I got something saying the connection wasn't secure, and the site wasn't available or something. I'll pay more attention next time.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Still not stable, the message that I had
1683369826262.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Still not stable, the message that I had
View attachment 160556
Thanks - that's a different issue that I've not seen before and I can see others have had the same on the Xenforo support forums but there's no obviously identified quick fix, so I'll keep digging.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not actually similar at all (although I appreciate it looks like it is!)

That one was almost certainly very temporary as I restarted a load of NSC's underlying services. If you tried to access it over that minute or so, that's what you'd have got.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
It's not actually similar at all (although I appreciate it looks like it is!)

That one was almost certainly very temporary as I restarted a load of NSC's underlying services. If you tried to access it over that minute or so, that's what you'd have got.

I am now getting .....

400 Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at northstandchat.com Port 80

NSC is working fine on my PC and phone (both Android) but not on my Galaxy tablet.

Thank you Bozza for all your behind the scenes work on the board. I am sure we will all buy you a pint someday :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I am now getting .....

400 Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at northstandchat.com Port 80

NSC is working fine on my PC and phone (both Android) but not on my Galaxy tablet.

Thank you Bozza for all your behind the scenes work on the board. I am sure we will all buy you a pint someday :)
That's the error that should be resolved by clearing your browser cookies and history, ideally just for NSC if you can.

But I'm surprised you're getting that error now - when was it last working on that tablet?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's the error that should be resolved by clearing your browser cookies and history, ideally just for NSC if you can.

But I'm surprised you're getting that error now - when was it last working on that tablet?
The error that I was getting earlier seems to have stopped now and the site seems fine. Thanks very much!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can only get NSC on my phone atm…..”safari can’t open page” message comes up when I try to log on on my Mac - grrrrrrrrrr

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can only get NSC on my phone atm…..”safari can’t open page” message comes up when I try to log on on my Mac - grrrrrrrrrr
Can you copy and paste the full message here? Either copy on your Mac and paste from your iPhone (that works you know) or try on your Mac and then open a Private Window in Safari where I bet it will work. Login and paste the full message here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports