Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next season start date confirmed

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep not criticising The club at all - but people will have paid their Season ticket off in full about 4 months ago or those paying by Direct Debit will have had money being taken since April 1st.
It's a lot of money if we aren't actually getting to go. i guess they will make an announcement in next few days
The first thing they need is the fixture list. Then a date for at least some fans in the stadium, so they can formulate a plan.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You have to wonder what’s going to happen re leagues one and two ..how an earth are they going to survive with no/few fans and the extra costs involved in putting the match on ‘safely’ etc

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Doesn't give the Championship long to sort out what the feck they're doing with a whole bunch of teams does it. Fully expect the pair of 'massive' cheaters higher up to get off free and Wigan or Barnsley go down.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
There is no reason whatsoever that we cannot have all restrictions removed on football stadiums by September. This has gone on quite long enough already. The government needs to let life get back to normal, and quickly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is no reason whatsoever that we cannot have all restrictions removed on football stadiums by September. This has gone on quite long enough already. The government needs to let life get back to normal, and quickly.
Oh my. No reason. Yeah. That's right....

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
You have to wonder what’s going to happen re leagues one and two ..how an earth are they going to survive with no/few fans and the extra costs involved in putting the match on ‘safely’ etc

It’s incredibly difficult for clubs at that level. Officially, crowds of some kind (circa 40%) can return from 1st October, which for many clubs is not that far off the kind of ratio they’d be filling most weeks anyway (local derbies etc. aside).

However, in reality that date is completely arbitrary. Who knows what might happen between now and then. As of right now it is not deemed safe to have crowds on stadiums, so 1st October assumes the picture will be better / safer then. Will it though? I’ve always erred on the optimism throughout the pandemic but even I recognise there’s a very good chance things will have gone downhill to some degree by then.

At Grimsby, we’ve mooted the idea of contracts which are commensurate with gates. It’s an interesting idea in principle, but it’s a difficult one for players to buy into and it doesn’t particularly help in the case of the 9 or 10 players we already have under contract.

We’ve survived to date largely thanks to the furlough scheme, but we already know that won’t exist past that point. For any club without wealthy owners prepared to effectively underwrite contracts with their own money, the situation is fraught with jeopardy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9433414 said:
Didn't realise the Donald was a poster on NSC. Hi Donald! :bigwave:

Well [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] is an elderly, stupid troll so they may be related.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, no reason whatsoever except the daily infection rate going up from 1700 to 2800 in just 7 days.

( Office of National Statistics figures ).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Those of you too terrified to go out in public again can say at home, but those of us prepared to continue with our lives should be permitted to attend football matches.

I am not too terrified to go out, I am a keyworker who has been working through the lockdown. Your attitude is so binary. Large scale gatherings need careful management and I would personally give them a swerve. Until the scientific advice is otherwise I will remain cautious as that is sensible. Just because you 'are not terrified' :ffsparr: that doesn't mean you or anyone else has a right to further spread or reignite this nasty disease. There were plenty of people in some of the more Trump supporting states who thought as you do back in May. Look at where that has got them. My friend in Florida constantly posted Facebook memes and links stating that lockdown was stupid and that the cases were plummeting in any case blah blah. She has gone strangely quiet now, I wonder why. There are big case rises in Catalonia right now due largely to people being crammed together in nightclubs. It doesn't seem that different to cramming onto trains or the concourses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here