Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newshound

Admin

Administrator
Oct 3, 2009
...is an automated account that will pick up articles from various places and post here for subsequent discussion (or not).

Excuse the initial flood from when it has just done the first search - that won't happen in future.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Do we really need that?

Anything of any value or interest will get picked up by a normal member (if there is such a thing) and discussed anyway shirley?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That seems very odd to me. North Stand Chat is not a place bereft of opinion in the first place. Why the need?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Glad it told me the score against Notts County

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Not got a problem with it, will be nice to get direct links to news articles about us as soon as they come out.

But usually any important news gets revealed (or at least guessed) on here far before it's official.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It takes away the excitement of discovering something yourself, then rushing to post it, only to find once the dreaded post new thread button has been clicked that someone else has got there first and your thread is left to wallow at the bottom of the board in self pity.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It might be useful, although I suspect it will end up being fixtured or fixturing itself several times (which could be painful).

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why not just give it a chance and see how it goes? no harm done, if a subject is old hat, just ignore it, it will be started by "Newshound" so you will be aware.

Admin

Administrator
Oct 3, 2009
Just trying it out - let's see if it works or not.

It may just stop instances where multiple people post the same article.

If it doesn't work out, I'll ditch it or perhaps have the threads going to a new 'Albion in the news' forum or similar.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Just trying it out - let's see if it works or not.

It may just stop instances where multiple people post the same article.

If it doesn't work out, I'll ditch it or perhaps have the threads going to a new 'Albion in the news' forum or similar.

That could be a good idea. Would stop the fixtures situation, but also bring up one or two articles that otherwise might not have been spotted. Would also make it easy to have one place to look for all the old news stories.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Can we have a thread of suggestions and subsequent poll to vote for him/her to have a suitable avatar?

Newsround-220_1002673f.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I prefer the gossip and truffledigging from individual members really.

Admin

Administrator
Oct 3, 2009
Script runs every 10 minutes, the most frequent possible, to try and get stuff on NSC as soon as it appears at the source.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Newshound should have its own forum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here