[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I'm sorry to report that since it's an 'early' kickoff in Asia, Mrs HSeagull is planning to watch and it's always 0-0 or 0-1 when she does. That said after a beer or two if she falls asleep we often recover in the second half (shows how often she actually watches live). For that reason I'm going for 1-3 prediction, provided she doesn't cause her regular Brighton red card effect either.

Near bang on prediction. :bowdown:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Great performance by Brighton vs Newcastle 0-3 Brighton :) :) :)

Loving Lamptey’s scintillating pace and commitment, and Newcastle football forums celebrating the fact that he was substituted after 63 mins, “(sic) Lampty coming off thank **** for that” :) :) :)

Loving the style of bossing play,

Loving Maupay successfully scored a penalty :) ,

Loving the mastermind of Potter’s team picks, and the adaptation in-play, totally confusing to us lesser mortals,

Loving
Ryan was bored which is testament to our great defence,

Loving the commentator’s singing Brighton’s praises…. WTF, don’t they know they are talking about Brighton lol

Loving the fact of being a proud Brighton supporter of 50 years and living through these times

He wasn't bored, he was doing the Sydney Morning Herald crossword.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
How is Ballarat? Had a few nights there about 6 years ago, really liked it.

Was on a car tour from Melbourne-Blue Mountains-Sydney-Hunter Valley-Brisbane, and all places in between..

A very enjoyable three weeks.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm sorry to report that since it's an 'early' kickoff in Asia, Mrs HSeagull is planning to watch and it's always 0-0 or 0-1 when she does. That said after a beer or two if she falls asleep we often recover in the second half (shows how often she actually watches live). For that reason I'm going for 1-3 prediction, provided she doesn't cause her regular Brighton red card effect either.

With those prediction are you married to an Octopus?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really looking forward to MOTD2 tonight but we’re still going to be last up, aren’t we. Two of the other matches are goal bonanzas and the other match features “sexy” clubs.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fair play to Trossard by the way. He has looked so good since lockdown. So consistent and such a threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Outstanding!

I concurred with another poster after the Chelsea game that our defence looked really sound and was only beaten by a mistake, a wonder goal and a deflection. Today it was impenetrable. The only bit of bad luck was the red card - justified but unlucky.

Magnificent team performance and the wonderful GP is now beginning to shut up some of the doubters from last season. I don’t see too many of them posting today.

Magnificent display - hope the rest can carry on the good work at Preston and reduce Biss’ absence from the PL. I really hope Molumby plays well on Wed and gives GP a chance to move him up to the PL squad - I like DP and DS but the extra energy in midfield with SA and YB has been key imo.

Great day for Sussex sport - only 3 points and the QFs but all the same - great day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently watching as live.

Can I just draw posters attention to the passage of play between the first and second goals.

Newcastle were playing the ball round the back.
3 players were each chased down by our front 3 who then stayed with the man they'd terrorised, resulting in Newcastle eventually just booting the ball out of play.

Lovely to see.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Loving this pic after AC goal, the subs equally as delighted. Great team spirit.

View attachment 128561

Man I LOVE Ali J.

Ali J LOVES celebrating an Aaron Connolly goal:-

AliJAaron.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Fair play to Trossard by the way. He has looked so good since lockdown. So consistent and such a threat.

Agreed - but this is why in my view Potter must continue to play him and the likes of Bissouma (suspension notwithstanding) and Lamptey too. Continuity for players is huge and I always felt Trossard and Bissouma if played week in week out (which is looking like is now going to happen) will become top players for us.

Earlier last season Trossard had a period of injury then was in and then was out and the same thing happened to Biss (without the injury). Now they are playing regularly (since the relaxation after lockdown) we are arguably seeing the best from them. Long may it continue.

Most successful teams actually make very few changes and hopefully we can get a regular settled side that can play most weeks (baring the odd tweak here and there).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports