Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] New Year's Eve

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can’t stand NYE and all the crap that goes with it. I think it was when pubs decided to start charging a fortune for entry that ruined it for me.

I’ll watch the racing from Newbury before catching the Seagulls Travel coach to the Amex. Grab a take away on the way back home before going to bed, hopefully not to be disturbed at midnight by people letting off fireworks because they have forgotten it is not 5th November.
Same here re pubs. I am in my 40s now but it must have been about 15 years ago when I pub I drank in regularly asked us for tickets or payment. No thanks. Usually have a couple of mates over but now the kids are a bit older we will just do board games as a family after the football (although can’t go because of shit kick off time and can’t do it from Warwick).

NYE in the 90s was great. Grew up in south Devon and Dartmouth was a great street party on NYE. We used to have a great time trying to find some posh girls who were down (not as much fun as regatta week but close).

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
It is a mates birthday on NYE and we are going to Fremantle to celebrate with him.
He is having a 70's themed dress up disco party at his house.
We will be stopping over for the night too, so it will get messy.
Last time we went there we didn't go to bed till 6am.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I am very much a New Year person and think very little of the Christmas commercial chaos crap, everyone expecting a present or got their hand out, turning into Christians for a day.
Totally hypocritical.
Nice that the family get together, but we tend to do that on birthdays etc through the year anyway.
It's time to celebrate what good, if any, that happened in '22 and looking forward to '23.
No religious bollocks and no one expecting anything other than a 'best wishes' and a hand shake.
Proper celebration and I will enjoy it.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I will be in bed for about 10.30pm I reckon. Wife is off to Goa on a holiday for 2 weeks with her family and youngest son for 2 weeks from NYE so will be home alone for a fortnight. Not a miserable git about going on holiday, just too busy the first two weeks of the year and being self employed and all that. But definitely a bit grumpy about NYE staying up late, Christmas has worn me out by then :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What a load of old killjoys.

If you can't go out and let your hair down and enjoy yourself on New Years when can you. Should be an absolute hoot.

:whisky::banana::rock:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Off to the Amex to see some liquid football – and from the Gunners...
But 2022 can completely get tae fack IMO – it's been a shocker for the Bobkins.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
NYE holds no attraction or significance for me whatsoever. One day it's Dec 31st, next day it's Jan 1st, whoop-de-bloody-do

Sadly, Mrs P bloody loves it, so I'm obliged to go out to a party, which also means missing bloody football thanks to the kick off being moved to 17:30 :mad:

Can't you watch the match then head to the party? The game finishes early enough for you to be there a few hours before turning into a pumpkin.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
NYE holds no attraction or significance for me whatsoever. One day it's Dec 31st, next day it's Jan 1st, whoop-de-bloody-do

Sadly, Mrs P bloody loves it, so I'm obliged to go out to a party, which also means missing bloody football thanks to the kick off being moved to 17:30 :mad:
Man up and tell her to go on her own! :)

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It’s completely overhyped and barely any different to any other day of the year, as far as I’m concerned.

After the Arsenal game we’ll head home, watch a bit of Netflix and probably go to bed before midnight!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just cannot face throwing myself on the public transport nightmare for the Arsenal game, so I'm donning my BAD FAN cap and watching it down the local. I'll mince straight back to my armchair after the game and order a curry. The doris will be back from work by about 8.30, so we'll tuck in to the takeout, and channel-hop the rest of the night way in the warm, with some grog, in a pleasantly pickled stupour smugly remembering how f***ing relieved I'm not battling my arse back from the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here