Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD goal of the season

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Three Albion or ex-Albion players on the list.

Mitoma
Alexis
Caicedo

A reminder of what we used to see. Goals.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Thought this summed up the RDZ era:

Between March and December 2023, Brighton scored in a club record 32 consecutive league games.

However, in the 22 games following that run the Seagulls failed to score on 10 occasions.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
For me, Ian Wright absolutely nailed the situation with his comments. If De Zerbi insists on doing it ‘his way’, whatever that is, better to do that somewhere else. He hasn’t had the results since January to back him up, and ‘our way’ is what’s put us where we are.
Everyone could see we needed reinforcements in January , but all we heard was all the injured players would be back in February,
that never happened

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Everyone could see we needed reinforcements in January , but all we heard was all the injured players would be back in February,
that never happened
And the manager very publicly sulking for 3 months about it wasn’t particularly helpful either.

The injuries were difficult and we did okay to finish mid-table, but there were definitely several games we could have got more from with an approach tailored to circumstances. Plenty of other teams had injuries too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caicedo? That one must have totally passed me by.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
that never happened

Adingra and Mitoma did come back, after international tournaments. (The latter not for very long, admitedly).

March was never due back.

RDZ's signing, Fati, was shite etc etc.

His system was too reliant on just a few players (wingers). Completely failed to adapt, which is a major flaw in a manager.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A reminder of what we used to see. Goals.
Oh, you mean that bit of the game where you kick the ball into the white rectangle bit near the goalie? Yes I remember now.

All a little vulgar, that bit I find. It takes time away from what football should be about, like taking massive risks to beat the press then turning backwards to let them set their defence, or playing 65 passes in front of a low block, or undoing a sequence of glorious approach play by butchering a simple final pass

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here