Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most pointless Subbuteo add on you had?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I done up a team in the stripes and made 'em look like the Brighton players. Gave them all numbers on the back too.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
awww...
So many people on this thread, so few who want to get involved in the cup....

I thought for a brief moment that I was going to fullfill a lifetime ambition and have a thread placed in the NSC Gold.

subbuteo FISHING????????

OH YES IT EXISTED. THO NOT SURE HW IT WOULD FARE IN THESE PC TIMES

Pict4911.jpg

Pict4905.jpg

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
I use to have the ballboys, the bench, the policeman with the dog, the scoreboard. I use to conduct an F A Cup style draw with the team names from the scoreboard in a box. Amazing how many times Brighton got Man utd and beat them away!!!!

What great memories! they were, I use to blue tack the broken men together. They use to have a better shot with the blue tack on!!!!

I had a few blood bath masacres as well, Stand fell on the pitch crushing 11 players and the floodlights also squashed the many a left back when they fell over. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Richie Morris said:
How on earth did you play subbuteo angling?

Apparently.........................

This is an infamous set. It's Subbuteo's crack at a more standard board game, and dates from the early 1970s. It only seems to have existed for a couple of years, but it did last long enough to get two different box lids. The object of the board game is to finish with the heaviest catch of fish.. You do this by using the UFO shaped dicer (seen in all its glory on the Miscellaneous page) to move your plastic fisherman clockwise around the board. At each corner of the board is a tackle shop, with one being the start and master tackle shop. Every time you land on a tackle shop (or pass the start), you can gain another piece of tackle. Before you can start to fish you need a rod, a reel, a float and a keep net, plus matching line and hook (there are four different pairs of these you can collect). If you want to catch big fish, you also need a landing net. So the start of the game is a race to collect all the tackle needed. The other squares on the board contain places to fish (rivers, a lake, a gravel pit etc), fishing permits (allow you to fish anywhere) and day tickets (allow you to fish at certain places), plus four different types of bait to collect (which match up to the four different line/hook combinations). There are also "splash" cards which add an extra degree of chance to proceedings.

Pict4514.jpg

C185: Crush Barriers.
A set of twenty crush barriers for use with stadium terracing.

A very simple grey plastic loop which slotted into the terracing and did look exactly like their real life counterparts.. If like me, you had one grandstand and fifteen spectators, twenty crush barriers seemed a little excessive. Of course, the subbuteo crowd are all seated, and therefore don't actually need crush barriers anyway... which is a shame, because having a few crush barriers with half a dozen supporters leaning on them would be great for representing rainy evenings at the Goldstone... The set is new in 1981, and the final appearance is 1983 (and it's another item on the request only lists of 1982-83)

ahhhhh memeories

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
1beatlesinner.jpeg

For half time entertainment,here's the subbuteo Beatles. I kid you not. It is one of the rariest items made by Subbuteo, if you have a mint set in a box of John, Paul, Ringo and Ken hidden away somewhere it could earn you £600.

Have to admit being a bit of a collector, recently purchasing a good condition Test Match subbuteo box set. Fab game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i wish i had crash barriers!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Theatre of Trees said:
1beatlesinner.jpeg

For half time entertainment,here's the subbuteo Beatles. I kid you not. It is one of the rariest items made by Subbuteo, if you have a mint set in a box of John, Paul, Ringo and Ken hidden away somewhere it could earn you £600.

Have to admit being a bit of a collector, recently purchasing a good condition Test Match subbuteo box set. Fab game.

Can you get 'the who'?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
how about queen?

we are the champions at the end of the game. that would be good!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lush said:
I never had a Subbutteo and this thread makes me feel as though I missed out. I insist that this goes in NSC Gold.

sob..sob..could my dream of starting a thread which gets moved to NSC Gold be about to come true..:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here