Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Health secretary Sajid Javid tests positive for Covid

Health secretary Sajid Javid has tested positive for Covid-19, despite having received both vaccination jabs. In a video message on his Twitter feed, the health secretary said that his symptoms were “very mild” and he was self-isolating at home with his family.

A positive PCR test would trigger an effort by NHS Test and Trace to identify contacts who may have been infected. Ministers, officials and Whitehall staff who have met the secretary of state over the last 48 hours now face the prospect of being called or “pinged” by the smartphone app over to be told that they too should go into self-isolation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-covid-test-positive-b1885863.html

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Health secretary Sajid Javid tests positive for Covid

Health secretary Sajid Javid has tested positive for Covid-19, despite having received both vaccination jabs. In a video message on his Twitter feed, the health secretary said that his symptoms were “very mild” and he was self-isolating at home with his family.

A positive PCR test would trigger an effort by NHS Test and Trace to identify contacts who may have been infected. Ministers, officials and Whitehall staff who have met the secretary of state over the last 48 hours now face the prospect of being called or “pinged” by the smartphone app over to be told that they too should go into self-isolation.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/sajid-javid-covid-test-positive-b1885863.html

[tweet]1416379443602501633[/tweet]

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
These were epidemics, rather than pandemics. I had both and was quite ill with them.

Milder pandemics occurred subsequently in 1957–1958 (the "Asian Flu" caused by an A(H2N2) virus) and in 1968 (the "Hong Kong Flu" caused by an A(H3N2) virus), which were estimated to have caused 1–4 million deaths each.

Yes like I said humans lived through them without locking everyone down across the globe and removing their legal freedoms. If we’d taken the approach then that we are now our entire life times would have been dominated by lock down, vaccine, and control already. This is now our future you wait and see.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’m delighted Saudi Javid only has mild symptoms due to having two jabs, a level of protection he’s not prepared to give to everyone before letting the virus rip

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1416388427113713664[/tweet]

[tweet]1416385621711597569[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes like I said humans lived through them without locking everyone down across the globe and removing their legal freedoms. If we’d taken the approach then that we are now our entire life times would have been dominated by lock down, vaccine, and control already. This is now our future you wait and see.

Millions didn’t live through them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It isn't getting a foothold in mainland France. The French figures include their territories like La Reunion etc, as Beta is the South African strain.

So we now have

Red
Amber
Green Watch
Green

and just for France Amber plus, basically like the old amber, even if double vax'd 10 day quarantine on return

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...nce-amber-plus-covid-quarantine-b1885811.html

I think its fair to say this decision has pissed a lot of people off.

I wish they'd have been this cautious with the Delta variant

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So we now have

Red
Amber
Green Watch
Green

and just for France Amber plus, basically like the old amber, even if double vax'd 10 day quarantine on return

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...nce-amber-plus-covid-quarantine-b1885811.html

I think its fair to say this decision has pissed a lot of people off.

I wish they'd have been this cautious with the Delta variant

I know of people who can no longer see new grandchildren nor go a wedding due this new ruling.
The rich, of course, can afford to quarantine, and pay £146 each for PCR tests.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Haven't all vulnerable people had the opportunity to have both jabs for some time now?

Yes. This has now gone way beyond rationale narrative. They are talking about worrying about young people catching it now. The young people that don’t die from covid anyway. If society is gullible enough to swallow this up now (and it looks like a lot are) we deserve every bit of misery that’s heading our way.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Haven't all vulnerable people had the opportunity to have both jabs for some time now?

Because only vulnerable people count, right? Young people might not die in the same numbers but they do still die, and many suffer from long Covid with the vast impact that has on their quality of life.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes. This has now gone way beyond rationale narrative. They are talking about worrying about young people catching it now. The young people that don’t die from covid anyway. If society is gullible enough to swallow this up now (and it looks like a lot are) we deserve every bit of misery that’s heading our way.

What about the misery of long Covid? Or are you not concerned because that's other people's misery?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What about the misery of long Covid? Or are you not concerned because that's other people's misery?

No you are right we must basically live a never ending life of dystopian control because a relatively small number of people might be unwell after covid. I can’t think why no one thought of this over a century ago when there were serious flu pandemics. What a life we could have all been living for all these years that we have missed out on.

The levels of Stockholm syndrome are now officially off the chart. Society as any of us ever knew it is done. The worst economic shock in 90 years is just around the corner because of how we’ve managed this. If any of you thought Covid was bad you’ve not seen anything yet. And we deserve it really for letting ourselves be brainwashed and gullible enough to buy the BS that vaccines were going to get us back to normal.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know a 19 year old lad who has been diagnosed three times now. I guess the original, then maybe the Shepway one and now the Indian one. He had his second jab in early May. Maybe he has a susceptibility, who knows? This is far from over.

I blame the kunnts that can't position their mask over their noses.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Either terribly unlucky, or hasn't been taking the restrictions seriously.

As far as I'm aware, I haven't had covid once and been going in to work throughout all of this.

Either way, your case study further exemplifies the non-lethality of covid in young people.

And indicates that older more at risk people ain't in the clear.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And indicates that older more at risk people ain't in the clear.

Pfft, they need to learn how to die with it now.

Sorry, Freudian slip, I meant “live with it” obviously…

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I know a 19 year old lad who has been diagnosed three times now. I guess the original, then maybe the Shepway one and now the Indian one. He had his second jab in early May. Maybe he has a susceptibility, who knows? This is far from over.

I blame the kunnts that can't position their mask over their noses.

I've heard of secondary infections, this is the first time I've heard of someone having it three times. This pandemic has been ongoing for 18 months or so now, presumably he's had it every 6 months or so? Is he immunocompromised? Or works in health care? Not many 19 year old will have been offered double jabs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here