A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
2/3 is good news but we're still looking at circa 18m adults with 33% or less protection. That is still a huge amount of people, hope they all don't go clubbing at once

52,000 cases today, yikes...

As I think you're alluding, these are mostly young adults that have made the decision not to be vaccinated. We'll be in lockdown forever if we're waiting for 80 or 90% vaccination. They've made their choice and the vast majority won't have anything more than a bad cold.

Why do we even HAVE a travel list? To prevent the import of a variant of Covid which is already here and has been for months?

I agree with this, it does seem a bit bonkers!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There will always be a feral underclass with absolutely no concept of getting a jab, or even watching the news. Best chance of reaching these ferals is forcible jabs when they get arrested

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There will always be a feral underclass with absolutely no concept of getting a jab, or even watching the news. Best chance of reaching these ferals is forcible jabs when they get arrested

I get a couple of black cabs a week. Driver last week was up there with David Icke and told me his cab was "mask free" and to take mine off.

Today's was masked but very much in the "died with over died of" world and told me he "wasn't ready" for the vaccine and he had heard off a mate's mate's mate (or something) that it killed someone.

To be fair, I've also spoken to a number who knew cab drivers who have died.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I get a couple of black cabs a week. Driver last week was up there with David Icke and told me his cab was "mask free" and to take mine off.

Today's was masked but very much in the "died with over died of" world and told me he "wasn't ready" for the vaccine and he had heard off a mate's mate's mate (or something) that it killed someone.

To be fair, I've also spoken to a number who knew cab drivers who have died.

I'm sure that post makes sense to you. To anybody else? Maybe not so much I'd respectively suggest :lol:

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019

Doctors in the US and around the world are still using it so it must be doing something . The truth will come out in the end . The doctor in Bangladesh who first used it after hearing of the Australian Lab discovery still uses it now . They treat people early before they go downhill in some countries where there is not enough Vaccines, while here we just have to hope for the best .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A fair amount of the unvaccinated have already had covid and so have somewhat of a natural immunity, and this is continuing to increase as every day passes.

We're nearly there chaps! 3 sleeps to go until freedom day

3 sleeps to go. The way things are heading we can celebrate freedom day with the highest Covid cases in the world, getting close...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just impose Covid passport for leisure activities and all International transit terminals. They've done this in France and people soon fall into line, and infact they may well soon overtake us on the vax rollout...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sure that post makes sense to you. To anybody else? Maybe not so much I'd respectively suggest :lol:

I've lost my crayons and packed my glove puppets away, so just for you:

First was a full on Covid denier.

Second was scared of the vaccine because he'd heard it was killing people.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Doctors in the US and around the world are still using it so it must be doing something . The truth will come out in the end . The doctor in Bangladesh who first used it after hearing of the Australian Lab discovery still uses it now . They treat people early before they go downhill in some countries where there is not enough Vaccines, while here we just have to hope for the best .

??? here we dont hope for the best, we have a proven vaccine. i can understand people taking Ivermectin if they have nothing else, better than nothing. but taking a drug intended for parasites, where vaccines are available is weird. :mad:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are you not paying attention to the data?

High cases aren't necessarily a bad thing for us anymore. If anything, it will fast track our herd immunity.

_119464559_microsoftteams-image.png

_119464560_microsoftteams-image2.png

_119464561_deaths.png

Deaths and hospitalisations still rising fast and one by one hospitals are being taken out. Just because we won't see a human cull on the scale of last winter when the NHS was overwhelmed that does not make it acceptable

This situation could have been avoided but has been created out of choice. We are now entering an experiment that is condemned by the WHO, BMA, the NHS and numerous experts worldwide; wreckless and unethical...

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
??? here we dont hope for the best, we have a proven vaccine. i can understand people taking Ivermectin if they have nothing else, better than nothing. but taking a drug intended for parasites, where vaccines are available is weird. :mad:

The vaccines are not 100% so it would be handy if you had something else if you became positive. The fact that drugs are meant for something else does not mean they could be useful. There is a report that people who take statins do better with covid ,sorry it was in the Mail. I saw a chart that showed that in Africa all the countries that took Ivermectin for river blindness did better then the countries that do not ,could be fake of coarse . The oxford trial will sort it out and they should have plenty of cases although not many over 50s i guess. They are saying within 14 days of being positive although 14 days is quite late.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Deaths and hospitalisations still rising fast and one by one hospitals are being taken out. Just because we won't see a human cull on the scale of last winter when the NHS was overwhelmed that does not make it acceptable

This situation could have been avoided but has been created out of choice. We are now entering an experiment that is condemned by the WHO, BMA, the NHS and numerous experts worldwide; wreckless and unethical...

Some of those quoted want us to go back into step 2.

Why unethical? On what grounds? Is staying in step 3 unethical? Is not being in full lockdown unethical ?

What is actually changing on Monday?

Why is this an experiment and not the complete lockdowns which have never been done before? Is it unethical that up to 30k Will now die because of flu because of them?

Is pushing a vaccine on 7/8/9 year olds unethical ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

8883b679cf5f10d52c57610d3a9b7159.jpg

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The Guardian will find a reason to blame the Government whatever happens.

They would be happy to make it illegal to sit on a park bench again in the middle of summer when kids aren't at school if it gave them something to blame the Tories for.

All quite sad.

I'm not happy with the way the country voted, I'm nervous about how opening up will go, but if you can't open up with the vulnerable jabbed, most adults who want it jabbed, good weather and kids out of school then you might as well accept a life of restrictions decided by Boris Johnson and the Conservatives for the foreseeable.

But i genuinely believe a lot of people would be happy with that as they could continue to blame the Tories and that's all that's mattered to them since the 52% voted leave.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The Guardian will find a reason to blame the Government whatever happens.

They would be happy to make it illegal to sit on a park bench again in the middle of summer when kids aren't at school if it gave them something to blame the Tories for.

All quite sad.

I'm not happy with the way the country voted, I'm nervous about how opening up will go, but if you can't open up with the vulnerable jabbed, most adults who want it jabbed, good weather and kids out of school then you might as well accept a life of restrictions decided by Boris Johnson and the Conservatives for the foreseeable.

But i genuinely believe a lot of people would be happy with that as they could continue to blame the Tories and that's all that's mattered to them since the 52% voted leave.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So the fact I voted Remain means I can't criticise the government?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So how will filling hospitals with people sick from Covid help reduce waiting lists?

it wont. see my earlier comment, why are we filling the same hospitals for both? dont seem to be managing the resources very well.

the point of that tweet is to express there are a great many other problems beyond Covid that have been relegated in priority. every action has a consequence.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
it wont. see my earlier comment, why are we filling the same hospitals for both? dont seem to be managing the resources very well.

the point of that tweet is to express there are a great many other problems beyond Covid that have been relegated in priority. every action has a consequence.

Because hospitals and health centres tend to accommodate multiple forms of health care - both physical and mental. They are also ripe for people coming into contact with people with Covid and having to self isolate.

Specifically for children's mental health the government has spent the last 18 months basically scaring people. It had to be done but it will take a toll on going (and indeed not so young) minds.

However the quickest route to starting to make this better is to get the virus under as much control as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here