Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Jimmy Grimble

Seems to be a fair amount of school children having to isolate down here.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we're waiting for the people who don't want to be vaccinated, then we could be waiting a long time.

Agreed. No sympathy or waiting for them. I'm thinking that we should wait for much better progress in the vaccinations of 12yr olds - 50 yr olds who want the jab but have not had the chance to get it.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Agreed. No sympathy or waiting for them. I'm thinking that we should wait for much better progress in the vaccinations of 12yr olds - 50 yr olds who want the jab but have not had the chance to get it.

How much further can progress get? 12-18 not approved yet and hopefully won't be as it's completely unnecessary.

I'm 39 and had my 2nd jab today so over 40s who want it should be done by now. Everyone else is a very small risk of serious illness and will get mild or no symptoms.

Not opening is just kicking the can down the road.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You can say that again.

All of the roadmap out of lockdown was sensible and done so cautiously which was absolutely the right approach but the delta variant has fundamentally changed everything and it is to the governments eternal shame they have not adjusted to account for rapidly accelerating cases and a peak we just do not know how high or how rapidly we get there (or how quickly we come out of the other side because if we get up to 100,000 cases by mid/end August when schools and Universities go back in September cases will remain very high through Autumn).

They binned their own "4 check" rulebook on 17th May.

Now its "Lets Covid Done" regardless of what's really going on, that's the PM. Forget the detail and hope for best

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1415957382941876231[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1415997382559510530[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There are 1300 beds in that hospital are they leaving 1000 empty ?

I don't know but I'd assume the people who work there know the hospital better than you or I do.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
There are 1300 beds in that hospital are they leaving 1000 empty ?

If you read the article you would see the operations are being cancelled because the ICU (which is one of the biggest in Europe) is full and they cannot operate on patients who would need to be in ICU post-op. There is absolutely nothing about leaving 1000 beds empty in the article at all.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You should give them a call pal, let me know how wrong they are the IDIOTS

I wasn’t saying or meaning to be controversial, it’s just cancelling operations seemed a bit extreme does it not ?

*edit* I have read it all now and yes it is about the ICU bed shortage.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This is the new scare story being pushed by the Guardian and fake sage.

They're including children in their calculation to make it sound scarier. 2/3 of the adult population is double vaccinated, they just can it bring themselves to say it

2/3 is good news but we're still looking at circa 18m adults with 33% or less protection. That is still a huge amount of people, hope they all don't go clubbing at once

52,000 cases today, yikes...

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Lockdown was an experiment

It was as some scientist were saying at the time "kicking the can down the road" although we thankfully have the vaccine now the virus will still have its say, you only have to look at NZ and Australia to see it will get in and it will do its job, Viruses haven't been around for millions of years because they are easily eradicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here