Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Key workers are key to the NHS, food supplies and everyone’s security So their kids have to go to school. Teachers will teach them , without PPE

But schools are not safe places, nor is Tesco or walking down the street.

Unless both parents are key workers, why?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So it looks like the entire country for Tier 4.... with schooled to remain closed until at least February....

Ergo.... Tier 5/ National Lockdown....

Via twitter

Given that Twitter is a platform rather than a source, who are the credible people reporting this on there?

Jimmy Grimble

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Here's hoping it doesn't end up just being focussed on restrictions. Needs to.be a roadmap out of this and not just a bunch of over promising nonsense

The roadmap out is to vaccinate millions of people every week.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
you're suggesting plans were dispensed with, along with those that knew about them? no. PHE has 2000 staff allocated to Protection from Infectious Diseases. those who planned did so for narrow scenarios, without scope for alternatives (asymptomatic transmission has blindsided them). note Scotland and Wales, most other countries in western Europe followed same general response plan.

Exercise Cygnus

If they were that serious about it they would have fully implemented the findings from this war-game exercise.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I had it in November.
Felt like very severe flu for about 2 days. Then nothing, then I lost my taste and smell for about a week which is a very, very odd feeling.

I hope you're fully recovered, fit and well now.

I've had my test today, so we shall see...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I hope you're fully recovered, fit and well now.

I've had my test today, so we shall see...

Yeah i had a bit of post viral fatigue, but then i've hardly got out of first gear since the Summer. Absolutely fine now.
Cheers, and good luck.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
The government should be removed from power

They went from threatening legal action against schools and a teachers strike in the morning to complete lockdown in the evening of the same day. That's only a few weeks after the PM mocked the opposition for wanting to lockdown before christmas to making it their policy 3 days later

Weapons grade negligence

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The government should be removed from power

They went from threatening legal action against schools and a teachers strike in the morning to complete lockdown in the evening of the same day. That's only a few weeks after the PM mocked the opposition for wanting to lockdown before christmas to making it their policy 3 days later

Weapons grade negligence

Yeap the worse PM at the worse possible time. Starmer a month ago...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346173536818360321

Pretty much all of us saw this saw coming. Johnson has blood on his hands AGAIN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here