Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It will be interesting when they try and enter the Schengen next post Brexit ski-season. Hopefully their details will be kept on file and refused entry.

No surprise vote leave campaigner Andy Wigmore was bragging he’d escaped Frances incoming restrictions by travelling there... given his bragging on social media, he’s going to be quarantining.... right ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can we all try and be less sanctimonious in 2021?

The childish whining and moaning about the actions of others really is beyond tragic.

It’s because of selfish twunts not following rules that we are continually in this mess. I’d quite happily moan at anyone not following the rules.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
It’s because of selfish twunts not following rules that we are continually in this mess. I’d quite happily moan at anyone not following the rules.

Are the people you are moaning about going to pay any attention to you?

Ranting on a football forum, what good can come of it.

Enjoy life and get on with it.

Christ this country needs positivity and less moaning.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Are the people you are moaning about going to pay any attention to you?

Ranting on a football forum, what good can come of it.

Enjoy life and get on with it.

Christ this country needs positivity and less moaning.

There is a huge amount of irony in your post [emoji23]

I also don’t think Graham Potter is going to take tactical advice from anyone on this forum but ... [emoji2375]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
More false misrepresentative figures presented by the media in order to scare people, the media are an utter disgrace, as every person who is admitted now is tested the number is obviously going to be way higher than when we were doing 15k tests a day and didn’t have the capacity to test people coming into hospital.

Seen the articles being shared all over social media by people who don’t understand or aren’t being given the correct information in order to be able to understand, I shouldn’t be surprised by the media being so despicable I know.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sky News one hour special: '2020: The Year We Want To Forget' is an impressive piece of work. Makes you realise quite how much we've adjusted to our new normal now, and quite how deeply scary it was in the Spring

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Sadly, too many don't get it, saw 3-4 people wandering around Asda Ferring without masks or lanyards to indicate they can't wear masks, 2-3 wearing them without covering their noses.... And no one challenging them, not even security or the alleged marshals at the entrance.

The outrage, the outrage.

I am so sorry you had to see something so traumatic.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Genuine question: are there any figures available for normal winter flu admission numbers vs the covid equivalent? Or did we just happily accidentally eradicate winter flu as a result of Hands - Face - Space?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Genuine question: are there any figures available for normal winter flu admission numbers vs the covid equivalent? Or did we just happily accidentally eradicate winter flu as a result of Hands - Face - Space?

I believe the instance of flu this year has been greatly reduced by lack of travel from the Southern Hemisphere and of course the usage of face masks, hand cleanliness and social distancing along with a much increased take up of flu vaccinations etc. The last figures I can remember being quoted by Dr John Campbell on his internet blog back in late November was a ridiculously low figure of less than 10 confirmed flu cases.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I believe the instance of flu this year has been greatly reduced by lack of travel from the Southern Hemisphere and of course the usage of face masks, hand cleanliness and social distancing along with a much increased take up of flu vaccinations etc. The last figures I can remember being quoted by Dr John Campbell on his internet blog back in late November was a ridiculously low figure of less than 10 confirmed flu cases.

This is entirely logical and predictable, probably many other viruses and bacterial infections numbers will be down too. It is the simple combination of masks, handwashing and isolating if people are unwell that works wonders. As one of the experts said, " Covid-19 is incredibly difficult to catch if you are inside on your own "

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
More false misrepresentative figures presented by the media in order to scare people, the media are an utter disgrace, as every person who is admitted now is tested the number is obviously going to be way higher than when we were doing 15k tests a day and didn’t have the capacity to test people coming into hospital.

Seen the articles being shared all over social media by people who don’t understand or aren’t being given the correct information in order to be able to understand, I shouldn’t be surprised by the media being so despicable I know.

Covid-19 has a new strain which is more infectious than before. Reducing face to face contact will slow it's spread.

Everything else is commentary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No. I am willing to wear a mask in the event I need to go to a shop.

Please let me know if/when such a momentous " event " occurs, I'd like to be indoors when you do.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I recognise you've been saying this for months now. I've always thought you were wrong then, but that you presented a valid different opinion well. The context has changed, however, yet you haven't.
50,000+ cases today, a serious jump (and I think it's not even including NI). Hospitalisations running at levels as high as seen in Lockdown 1, and the figure is from a week ago. I dread to think what they are now, and what they'll be in one or two weeks time once the current daily case load works through. And I've heard the scare stories from NHS workers, usually reported in the media. And I salute them. They're exhausted, they're heroic, and they could do without people blaming the media for reporting what's going on.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine approved but as a 2 full dose vaccine - 62% success. The smaller dose followed by a larger dose has not been approved yet as not enough data.

Reports suggesting that it will be deployed as a single dose first to as many as possible with 2nd dose coming 12 weeks later. It is believed that leaving a larger gap between the doses increases its effectiveness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here