Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
That's a whopper and a half. Any supporting evidence for those claims at all?

I have no evidence, as I’ve read so much information over the last few months and I can’t remember where I saw this but, I believe what he’s said is true, in fact it was an interview with some scientist chap.
Obviously with new evidence they may have changed their minds now, but early on they believed high viral loading was the cause of the more severe symptoms, which I guess could be why we’re seeing less fatalities now, rather than the virus weakening it could simply be less people coughing in your face leading to milder symptoms.
As I say I can’t back it up, but he’s definitely not telling you a story.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Germany from a meat plant and I believe the Chinese outbreak was from a market. There seems to be a common theme here

Another flare up in a meat plant in Anglesea. They're not doing enough to keep people apart

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Worsening situation in many US states, most notably Florida which is reporting record high infection rates and now has less than 25% of ICU beds available.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/18/us/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

I'm really not surprised, having seen people in the US going about business as normal for some weeks now, with minimal if any social distancing.

Arizona also worsening, which [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will know all about.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Worsening situation in many US states, most notably Florida which is reporting record high infection rates and now has less than 25% of ICU beds available.

I'm really not surprised, having seen people in the US going about business as normal for some weeks now, with minimal if any social distancing.

Arizona also worsening, which [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will know all about.

It was always going to happen

Americans were always going to go meh and carry on

30 million jobs going has just made it happen faster.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Videos of New York City from a couple of nights ago showed the streets busy, mostly with young folk but unbelievable really given how badly NY has been hit, with coffins literally piled in the street at one point.

[tweet]1272716777051557894[/tweet]

I fear some other American states are in a real world of trouble if this virus isn’t weakening, and Brazil I fear for even more, said it a few weeks ago but what’s happening there is a total and utter disgrace, a shady horrid government who couldn’t care less about how many people are going to die.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Videos of New York City from a couple of nights ago showed the streets busy, mostly with young folk but unbelievable really given how badly NY has been hit, with coffins literally piled in the street at one point.

[tweet]1272716777051557894[/tweet]

I fear some other American states are in a real world of trouble if this virus isn’t weakening, and Brazil I fear for even more, said it a few weeks ago but what’s happening there is a total and utter disgrace, a shady horrid government who couldn’t care less about how many people are going to die.

Look at the responses to that tweet I would say majority from the ones I saw are team open up/why can protestors do it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Yeah nothing to see here
Eau_nIoXkAEK27s.png

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Deaths are still pretty low according to google

Nevada - 25
Arizona - 20
Texas - 33
Florida - 25
California - not showing

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Deaths are still pretty low according to google

Nevada - 25
Arizona - 20
Texas - 33
Florida - 25
California - not showing

Can't speak to your other numbers, but the Arizona figure isn't correct; 32 reported this morning, bringing the total to 1271.

What is particularly concerning is that today we reported the highest number of new cases since the pandemic began (the previous high was on Tuesday). 85% of our inpatient beds, and 84% of ICU beds are in use (which, it doesn't take a genius to work out, doesn't augur well for the next 3/4/5 weeks, based on the progression of the disease).

COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to hit records as Arizona reports new high in cases

I'm not in any particular higher-risk category myself, but I certainly don't intend to contract the virus in the next few weeks, knowing that if I did and got really sick there's a decent chance there wouldn't be an ICU bed for me.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Can't speak to your other numbers, but the Arizona figure isn't correct; 32 reported this morning, bringing the total to 1271.

What is particularly concerning is that today we reported the highest number of new cases since the pandemic began (the previous high was on Tuesday). 85% of our inpatient beds, and 84% of ICU beds are in use (which, it doesn't take a genius to work out, doesn't augur well for the next 3/4/5 weeks, based on the progression of the disease).

COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to hit records as Arizona reports new high in cases

I'm not in any particular higher-risk category myself, but I certainly don't intend to contract the virus in the next few weeks, knowing that if I did and got really sick there's a decent chance there wouldn't be an ICU bed for me.

Take care and stay safe...!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bank of England have published the list of the biggest loans given out under the government scheme. Few eye openers

4a5825cd13ae82744da9bcc7fc8fee87.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Bank of England have published the list of the biggest loans given out under the government scheme. Few eye openers

4a5825cd13ae82744da9bcc7fc8fee87.jpg
£600 million to Ryanair.

They should have made it a condition of the loan that they refund customers immediately.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thanks and, given your output on our DS, it's hardly surprising that NSC is better informed on the situation in Arizona

and people want the pubs open here...............
I think pubs restaurants gyms should be reopened in albeit a strict controlled way. Throughout latter few weeks of lockdown street parties were going on albeit outdoors and we've had protests with thousands gathering, Manchester raves with alleged 2000+ involved (no social distancing). I admit again, it's outdoor gatherings which the virus is less transmittable but pubs with punters being careful and even limit the amount you can sup surely would be no more risk than say hundreds piling into a primark store.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here