Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
With Vans (I thought the same btw) I wonder how many are self employed?
I've finished a list of jobs I had in an empty student house so now the misses wants me to build a built in wardrobe and tile the kitchen floor of the flat we dont own..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really noticed the roads getting quite busy again. Outside my house on Brighton Rd, what was down to about one car every couple of mins and emergency vehicles has now returned to steady stream of cars and vans.
The same road on my home in the morning is back to almost normal traffic on weekdays.

People are getting complacent and this is going to lead to a second wave of infection, I reckon .

I'm probably mis-reading this, but if things have 'returned' to what they were, this is alarming. It also conflicts with my experience -- things are extremely quiet up here in Hanover, barring the increased number of ambulances coming down the hill :sad:, but also on the three or four occasions I go out each week that's also the case -- but, far more importantly, the AA have said things have picked up this week, but only by about 10% (which, obviously, follows on from a severe plummet).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I can see the schools going back well before a vaccine. September at the latest with probably some attempt at socially distanced schooling after may half term

Schools are likely going back early June according to a friend who is a deputy head.

May 18th likely to see relaxing of a lot of the current rules (but with social distancing) according to my info from govt through work.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
With Vans (I thought the same btw) I wonder how many are self employed?

a lot of trades and subbies are going back to work, construction is being allowed to restart. some are off to set up shops for opening.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Schools are likely going back early June according to a friend who is a deputy head.

This is what I have heard as well. I am sure it is to allow for provisional planning. And when one says 'schools are going back' I do not believe it will be in any shape or form, in the same way as before.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm probably mis-reading this, but if things have 'returned' to what they were, this is alarming. It also conflicts with my experience -- things are extremely quiet up here in Hanover, barring the increased number of ambulances coming down the hill :sad:, but also on the three or four occasions I go out each week that's also the case -- but, far more importantly, the AA have said things have picked up this week, but only by about 10% (which, obviously, follows on from a severe plummet).

I live on Brighton Road, so it’s the main road from West to East Sussex along the coast. It’s not back to normal but yeah, it’s absolutely getting busier.
I doubt you’re gonna see much traffic in Hanover at any time. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s not really a route that is used to anywhere really is it?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
This is what I have heard as well. I am sure it is to allow for provisional planning. And when one says 'schools are going back' I do not believe it will be in any shape or form, in the same way as before.

It's a date I had in mind purely based on guesswork. I'm imagining the schools have a lot to do to make that date work and I cant imagine itll be full schools or classes at that point

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

May 18th likely to see relaxing of a lot of the current rules (but with social distancing) according to my info from govt through work.

Lovely, that’s my birthday.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would think 1st June might see a big shift in a lot of things, mostly because it's a Monday and starting things on a Monday tends to focus minds a bit more.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Looks like Priti Patel is going to say how very, very naughty people have been and put her really angry face on later when she says it too, not the nice little smirk one she normally has.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I live on Brighton Road, so it’s the main road from West to East Sussex along the coast. It’s not back to normal but yeah, it’s absolutely getting busier.
I doubt you’re gonna see much traffic in Hanover at any time. Unless I’m mistaken, it’s not really a route that is used to anywhere really is it?

Well, it's a route out of Brighton, heading towards Woodingdean, so whaddya think :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well, it's a route out of Brighton, heading towards Woodingdean, so whaddya think :wink:

Dunno, don’t know Hanover or Woodingdean that well. Highly doubt it sees as much traffic as Brighton Rd.

Anyway, you’re getting bogged down, Brighton Road has got markedly busier over the last week.

Last edited:

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Looks like Priti Patel is going to say how very, very naughty people have been and put her really angry face on later when she says it too, not the nice little smirk one she normally has.

I have general quite supportive of those in government so far. Really tough job at the moment for anyone what ever your colours.

But then they wheeled this vile cow! Priti Patel is a classic example of somebody who went into politics for all the wrong reasons...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stuck up bitch

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Maybe just me but I get the feeling that the medical bods aren't as excited about the graph trend right now as they were a week or so back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here