Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wales now making tentative noises towards a possible slight easing at end of current 3-week lockdown (that's what it says in article, but below quote says end May, so who knows?

Reference made to a reverse traffic light system - i.e. would move onto Red first, if situation continues to improve they would move onto Orange, eventually to Green.

Wales could ease some lockdown restrictions at end of May

The first minister, Mark Drakeford, said the measures could be eased in three phases “like a traffic light in reverse”, Samuel Osborne reports.

During the red phase, only “the most careful and controlled lifting of restrictions” would take place, he told BBC Radio Wales.

More restrictions would be lifted in the amber phase and, if the virus did not re-emerge, Wales could then move to the green zone.

He said the final period “would look much more like the lives we had before the crisis hit.”

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wales now making tentative noises towards a possible slight easing at end of current 3-week lockdown (that's what it says in article, but below quote says end May, so who knows?

Reference made to a reverse traffic light system - i.e. would move onto Red first, if situation continues to improve they would move onto Orange, eventually to Green.

It is weird how different that sounds to Nicola Sturgeon's statement yesterday. She emphasised that life would not return to 'normal' for a long time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It is weird how different that sounds to Nicola Sturgeon's statement yesterday. She emphasised that life would not return to 'normal' for a long time.

I would think life may never go back to exactly how it was pre-Corona. But hopefully in some ways, that will be for the better.

Also, different people may have a different idea as to what a long time constitutes. 12 weeks? 6 months? 3 years?

But yes, what isn't being said in that soundbite from Wales is that I suspect we may be in that "amber" zone for quite a long time. But who knows eh?

Well we have to start getting back to some sort of normality even just slow measures and I hope and expect to be working again in 2 weeks time. I am in some sort of hospitality (vending machines) which some of my sites will need them to cater for their staff. They closed production mainly as I would presume to prepare for having social distancing in their factories.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A bit harsh on Matt Hancock, I think, although he does have the air of Jeffrey Fairbrother reading one of Joe Maplin”s missives, but otherwise this seems about right.

6F19F9AC-982D-4BCA-BE99-7A9BE12C35C8.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Certainly prefer Hancock over Raab - comes across more genuine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A bit harsh on Matt Hancock, I think, although he does have the air of Jeffrey Fairbrother reading one of Joe Maplin”s missives, but otherwise this seems about right.

View attachment 122711

There's scope for a newspaper (The Independent?) or a TV station to cover covid-19 thoroughly and in a balanced manner, without hyperbole, both the success stories and errors (home and abroad …. warts and all), to benchmark European nations in various metrics, and to table key information as to how exactly nations record covid-19 mortality metrics [care homes/hospices/home deaths included or not? death due to or with covid-19? rather than us trawling trough the internet trying to find definitive answers].

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Did I hear correctly that Wales are increasing the lockdown?

More a clarification that you can go out for the specified reasons but can’t then do other stuff “because I was out anyway”, reinforcing that you should only be exercising locally to your home and attempting to limit those using second homes.

For most people there will be no change.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
20 miles apparently the limit for being away from home in Wales. For example, Gareth from Cwmbran can't go and see his bird Carys in Aberdare on the sly and say to the police if stopped: 'Alright, what it is see, got to be honest with you, I'm only having a bike ride for my daily exercise' and expect to get away with it now. PC Jenkins of South Wales Police will now be saying: 'You're getting a fixed penalty butt.'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/new-lockdown-rules-issued-people-18141144

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The queue for B & Q is horrendous

20200424_142704.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here