Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting prog on bbc2 just now.

The first person had had Covid really badly - a scientific look on how exactly Covid takes over bodies (then It might cover how we leave ours more susceptible to Covid and other airborne diseases / mitigate the effects).

Now prostate issues!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Me neither, but my 6.30am visit to Asda says otherwise for the staff and general public!

Did the staff ever?

They didn’t at Sainsbury's West Hove over the entire pandemic. I’m informed because they’re unpleasant to wear in a working day.

Strangely they were 100% of the time in our travels in Spain and Italy in their retailers. And red hot on all customers wearing them properly.

I wonder what made Asda and Sainsbury’s staff special in the pandemic?

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I never stopped

[tweet]1501510366374899712[/tweet]
I see that he has quoted deaths on the date when the weekend deaths are added in. If he's going to be depressive that there were 212 deaths on Tuesday, then he ought in the interest of balance to mention that there were no deaths at all on Saturday or on Sunday. (Or perhaps he could just use the 7-day average or mention that number of deaths reported on a certain day bears little relevance.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see that he has quoted deaths on the date when the weekend deaths are added in. If he's going to be depressive that there were 212 deaths on Tuesday, then he ought in the interest of balance to mention that there were no deaths at all on Saturday or on Sunday. (Or perhaps he could just use the 7-day average or mention that number of deaths reported on a certain day bears little relevance.)

One death is one too many.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That may be true. What should we do about it? What is the best policy if our target is to abolish death?

Continue with wearing masks and administering boosters.
The government has washed its hands (no pun intended) and said it's over. It isn't.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Your choice….but don’t inflict your choice on others

That works both ways. I flew for the first time, in seven years, last weekend. Easy Jet has a policy of mask-wearing on board the plane. On the outbound journey everyone, including the crew, complied.
Coming back, 99.9% of people did, except the big bloke in the next seat to me. He had some sort of a snood, roll neck jumper, which he placed over his mouth and nose, entering the plane.
When sitting next to me, he pulled it down, only pushing it up, when a crew member walked past, and the majority of the time not covering his nose. I have felt very uneasy since then and hopefully now it's Thursday, I will be in the clear.
How dare he inflict his breath all over me!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That works both ways. I flew for the first time, in seven years, last weekend. Easy Jet has a policy of mask-wearing on board the plane. On the outbound journey everyone, including the crew, complied.
Coming back, 99.9% of people did, except the big bloke in the next seat to me. He had some sort of a snood, roll neck jumper, which he placed over his mouth and nose, entering the plane.
When sitting next to me, he pulled it down, only pushing it up, when a crew member walked past, and the majority of the time not covering his nose. I have felt very uneasy since then and hopefully now it's Thursday, I will be in the clear.
How dare he inflict his breath all over me!

Never said it didn’t…but perhaps that’s more to do with how much protection a mask gives you as against one that doesn’t …and I wasn’t the one referring to an article calling for them to come back

Inflict…bit dramatic

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Continue with wearing masks and administering boosters.
The government has washed its hands (no pun intended) and said it's over. It isn't.
Fortunately you're wrong about the government on this occasion. They are still administering first jabs, second jabs, and boosters, and they are keeping an eye open so that if it will do any good they will offer more boosters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fortunately you're wrong about the government on this occasion. They are still administering first jabs, second jabs, and boosters, and they are keeping an eye open so that if it will do any good they will offer more boosters.

The NHS are administering jabs and boosters. People who test positive now don't even have to self isolate so will feel compelled to go into work especially those on zero hours contracts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never said it didn’t…but perhaps that’s more to do with how much protection a mask gives you as against one that doesn’t …and I wasn’t the one referring to an article calling for them to come back

Inflict…bit dramatic

Misogyny too. Don't be dramatic dear.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The NHS are administering jabs and boosters. People who test positive now don't even have to self isolate so will feel compelled to go into work especially those on zero hours contracts.[/

Whether it was compulsory to self isolate or not ..some went to work because of the instances you mentioned..the problem there is proper sick pay ..and remains so

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
For the 1000th time: Broadly speaking you wearing a mask is protecting others, not yourself. I absolutely agree that with widespread vaccine take up there is much less reason to wear one now but people not wearing a mask are inflicting themselves on everyone else.

Please note I am only now wearing one when in an enclosed space near other people wearing a mask as a courtesy so am not preaching on this subject, but mask wearing is much more for the benefit of others than yourself.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For the 1000th time: Broadly speaking you wearing a mask is protecting others, not yourself. I absolutely agree that with widespread vaccine take up there is much less reason to wear one now but people not wearing a mask are inflicting themselves on everyone else.

Please note I am only now wearing one when in an enclosed space near other people wearing a mask as a courtesy so am not preaching on this subject, but mask wearing is much more for the benefit of others than yourself.

Depends on the mask.

Filtration masks do protect the wearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here