Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yeah! I got the wrong end of the stick from something I saw on a clip from BBC News on Twitter but then couldn't find it again where they mentioned the 70%, but upon finding this tweet from John Roberts, the line is closer to a 40% divergence on current numbers (although this could still change as incomplete).

https://twitter.com/john_actuary/status/1491023480816832512
[tweet]1491023480816832512[/tweet]

They did a breakdown by area (I can’t find it now) one trust was as high as 70 percent, Birmingham from memory.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sad to see today that Mark Drakeford has contracted this awful disease. He's done more than most to protect himself and his citizens from the virus. ALso get well soon HRH Prince Charles who has covid for a second time but is said to be in 'good spirits'.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Sad to see today that Mark Drakeford has contracted this awful disease. He's done more than most to protect himself and his citizens from the virus. ALso get well soon HRH Prince Charles who has covid for a second time but is said to be in 'good spirits'.

How could Drakeford have caught it with his obsessive mask wearing, vaccine passports and all the other conditions he has brought in?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Finally caught it ! Was pretty sure I had it November 2019 but first time since we’ve had the ability to test. Did well to get through the Euros and living a pretty normal life throughout the pandemic. Felt a little bit rough last few days and tested each day - with a positive this morning. Race is on for 2 consecutive days negative testing ahead of the match next Saturday

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Finally caught it ! Was pretty sure I had it November 2019 but first time since we’ve had the ability to test. Did well to get through the Euros and living a pretty normal life throughout the pandemic. Felt a little bit rough last few days and tested each day - with a positive this morning. Race is on for 2 consecutive days negative testing ahead of the match next Saturday

Kids finally came home from school with it Friday after some bizarre classroom mixing this week that I wasn't massively happy about when they came home saying they'd been mixing with other year groups. Needless to say we have both succumbed this morning, me boosted and feeling tip top. Other half determined not to get boosted and looks and feels like death

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Kids finally came home from school with it Friday after some bizarre classroom mixing this week that I wasn't massively happy about when they came home saying they'd been mixing with other year groups. Needless to say we have both succumbed this morning, me boosted and feeling tip top. Other half determined not to get boosted and looks and feels like death

Ouch, hopefully your other half is ok. Wouldn’t say I’m 100% but symptoms are pretty cold like with a bit of a sore throat. Unfortunately had seen a few elderly relatives yesterday (did test before) so hopefully they will be ok

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1493615430249992207

[tweet]1493615430249992207[/tweet]

If you don't test, then it doesn't exist anymore.

I guess you could take that attitude or maybe consider the amount of money spent in that area….of course that begs the question will it be spent better ….as regards to existing commercial radio are still pumping out the ‘adverts’ and Alexa is still getting abuse

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess you could take that attitude or maybe consider the amount of money spent in that area….of course that begs the question will it be spent better ….as regards to existing commercial radio are still pumping out the ‘adverts’ and Alexa is still getting abuse

With 234 people registered dead yesterday saving money seems churlish.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With 234 people registered dead yesterday saving money seems churlish.

Ah…of course ..yep money….any other health issues shouldn’t come into it …..good to see you’ve got the hang of reporting it as registered :)
…oh and let’s look at that link you reported…..”will be” then “could be”

…personally I’d have thought their should be ‘free testing’ for situations such as people who live in a household with a person classified as ‘vulnerable….but let’s not kid ourselves that money hasn’t always come into it re some situations over health ..no matter what colour of government

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They're still asking kids to test 2x per week. I wonder if that will stop as well?

I guess we’ll have to wait for the detail….listening to that interview it’s “all sources”..having said that this government has a habit of “leaking” it’s intentions ..the cynic in me thinks it likes to test the water etc…crap way of doing things

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I guess we’ll have to wait for the detail….listening to that interview it’s “all sources”..having said that this government has a habit of “leaking” it’s intentions ..the cynic in me thinks it likes to test the water etc…crap way of doing things

While you’re waiting, clear your inbox it’s full :lolol::lolol:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

I'm not sure the lft's are any good anyway. I had 2 people at my house for Xmas, both from different households, both doing lft's for the 3 days previous as they felt like crap, all negative. 1 had a pcr on boxing day the other on the 27th, both came back positive. :shrug:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Ah…of course ..yep money….any other health issues shouldn’t come into it …..good to see you’ve got the hang of reporting it as registered :)
…oh and let’s look at that link you reported…..”will be” then “could be”

…personally I’d have thought their should be ‘free testing’ for situations such as people who live in a household with a person classified as ‘vulnerable….but let’s not kid ourselves that money hasn’t always come into it re some situations over health ..no matter what colour of government

This would be the actions of a compassionate government, so can't see it happening as they once again miss the mood - hope I'm wrong though!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems mad dropping it. As someone with covid at the moment, and travel to the US states booked for April - if it wasn't for my positive PCR from the NHS and the ability to get a 'recovered' certificate, then there is a risk I'd test positive for international travel still in 2 months time.

How will people manage that for countries that still require testing to get in?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Seems mad dropping it. As someone with covid at the moment, and travel to the US states booked for April - if it wasn't for my positive PCR from the NHS and the ability to get a 'recovered' certificate, then there is a risk I'd test positive for international travel still in 2 months time.

How will people manage that for countries that still require testing to get in?

I am nine days into isolating and just got my first negative test. Without free testing I would have probably had one or two days at home then gone about my merry way with a slightly blocked nose not sure if I had Covid or not. It all seems a bit abrupt to me although if the self isolation rules change, what s the point anymore?

Will they be abandoning the vaccine programme next?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here