Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Vaccination stops - Anti Vaxxers "see I tod you they were unsafe"
Vaccination continues - Anti Vaxxers "are you needle junkies going to carry on getting jabbed forever?"

Doomers v anti vaxxers is quite the battle ground at the moment. Amusing.

I’m pretty sure you could still get a vaccine if needed it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
might be in sense of standing down additional efforts to push the booster. vaccine not going away, and expect a new one targeting wider coronavirus traits later in the year (so less impacted by variants).

…combined with the annual flu vaccine. (Can’t find the news article I spotted earlier.)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Vaccination stops - Anti Vaxxers "see I tod you they were unsafe"
Vaccination continues - Anti Vaxxers "are you needle junkies going to carry on getting jabbed forever?"

Anti-vaxxers are the epitome of the pigeon playing chess.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think this has been largely mooted for weeks now, in particular from those heading up the vaccine research and rollout itself. Covid is about to become endemic in the UK, and our collective immune status is probably about as high as it’s realistically going to get.

Vaccines aren’t free, there are still many people around the world yet to even be offered their first, and given the personal risk to young people is increasingly low, why keep going? That’s all this is. Cease mass-vaccination, continue to protect the elderly and vulnerable. Nothing more than that, and yes, I have watched the video.

Stuff like this will always be jumped on by anti-vaxxers, but I think this is a genuine case of “nothing to see here…”.

It's not just a UK thing either. The EMA have also said that 4th jab boosters shouldn't be given to most people due to the knock on effect on the immune system. Ironically twitter labelled it as misleading :facepalm:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Interesting there are 8 million people overdue having their 3rd jab. Some may have had covid in the last 28 days so are waiting but 8 million is a lot- are there this many people who did want 2 jabs but don’t want a 3rd?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting there are 8 million people overdue having their 3rd jab. Some may have had covid in the last 28 days so are waiting but 8 million is a lot- are there this many people who did want 2 jabs but don’t want a 3rd?

There will always be a percentage drop in uptake each time, I know plenty of people that have said three is enough.

But 8 million is a lot.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There will always be a percentage drop in uptake each time, I know plenty of people that have said three is enough.

But 8 million is a lot.

My lad who is training for a full triathlon later this year was soo ill ( I mean bed bound for a couple of days) after both his vaccines has decided not to have a 3rd. Which might mean he can’t compete as it’s in Germany?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
My lad who is training for a full triathlon later this year was soo ill ( I mean bed bound for a couple of days) after both his vaccines has decided not to have a 3rd. Which might mean he can’t compete as it’s in Germany?

He could try a different “brand” for his third dose. Novavax should be available soon which is a completely different type of vaccine. I was on the trial for it and had no side effect all whereas I did for Pfizer.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
He could try a different “brand” for his third dose. Novavax should be available soon which is a completely different type of vaccine. I was on the trial for it and had no side effect all whereas I did for Pfizer.

I will tell him that , although he might be sick of me nagging him !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

As pointed out, worth going with another one

But it’s another reason as well

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
France reports 464,769 new coronavirus cases, by far the biggest one-day increase on record

That’s an impressive number.

Europe really dropped the ball over vaccinations/Boosters/Timing of exit wave

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

I mentioned this on the vaccine thread, I was in a pretty bad way after my 2nd Pfizer. Everyone I know who's had Omricon was no worse than a cold. I'm under 40, not vulnerable, had covid the first time round. Seems logical to give it a miss.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I mentioned this on the vaccine thread, I was in a pretty bad way after my 2nd Pfizer. Everyone I know who's had Omricon was no worse than a cold. I'm under 40, not vulnerable, had covid the first time round. Seems logical to give it a miss.

I was ill for around 10 days after my pfizer booster (after 2 novavax). Would be a bit reluctant for another.

On Omicron my colleague has been in bed for five days in a bad way (female, 25, athletic, 3 doses of pfizer).

Worth saying I was quite ill with my second dose of Novavax, though not as bad as my third dose (Pfizer).

Last edited:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
My Covid tests reading from right to left.
I spent Dec 26th to Jan 5th in Italy.
Tested myself (rapid antigen) less than 24 hr before flying home. Result: negative
Tested PCR on 6th Jan 01:00, sent off, Result: negative.
Felt a bit iffy on Monday 10th and tested positive (lateral flow, right hand end of image)
Tests read from right to left over the period starting 10th until last (left hand end) about an hour ago.
I've felt fine since somewhere around last Wednesday but kept testing positive. Whatever variant I caught, it was only quite wimpy.
Change to tastes and a tiny teeny weeny annoying ( once every 15 minutes) cough. I also had a mildly sore throat for about 2 days.
I'm fully vaxxed inc booster.
I'm so happy I can go back to work tomorrow. That's been the worst bit of it all.
145967C0-FDF2-4FB4-8AEA-9F969CEEE887.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here