Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Must confess I thought the one organisation who are fairly blameless in all this are the NHS but that's me.

maybe need to seperate the front line and the institution, with the many layers of manglement.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I note the reports that field hospitals are likely to be set up. What happened to the Nightingale Hospitals?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
maybe need to seperate the front line and the institution, with the many layers of manglement.

It's an organisation that has been underfunded for a decade and it isn't as attractive to come and work for if you live abroad anymore. Throw in getting rid of bursaries for Nurses and it isn't a great shock it was underprepared for this crises.

Joe 90

Sep 16, 2021
1640880920003.jpg

Did we get too cocky vax bro's?

Yoda

English & European
View attachment 143252

Did we get too cocky vax bro's?

Are large numbers of them getting severely ill? Are they being admitted to Hospital? Are they requiring oxygen or worse ventilation? Are they dying?

Stopping infection would have been a massive bonus from the vaccine, but they are doing their primary job. Stopping large numbers of the above.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
NHS has had time and billions to sort out contingency plans. seem to have been squandered. while in spring 2020 student nurses were fasttracked to complete, bank staff put on standby. no such urgency in 2021 as i've been told, everything business as usual at the front, except of course it isnt. or its all in hand and we just dont hear about it. :shrug:
It's no problem, remember Johnson said we have 40 new hospitals arriving any day now and was it 40,000 new nurses? Throw in the World Beating mid table vaccinations total and we are home and hosed.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/30/uk-covid-case-numbers-hit-another-record-high-at-more-than-189000
Prof Christina Pagel, director of UCL’s Clinical Operational Research Unit, said that reported case levels in England are now more than twice as high as the previous peak last January, and have not yet peaked, while cases are rising in all groups apart from under-10s. Hospital admissions, she added, are also rising in all age groups.

While data suggested fewer admissions are leading to intensive care, Pagel said the situation was worrying. “An NHS crisis based on the wards instead of ICU is still an NHS crisis,” she tweeted

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/30/uk-covid-case-numbers-hit-another-record-high-at-more-than-189000
Prof Christina Pagel, director of UCL’s Clinical Operational Research Unit, said that reported case levels in England are now more than twice as high as the previous peak last January, and have not yet peaked, while cases are rising in all groups apart from under-10s. Hospital admissions, she added, are also rising in all age groups.

While data suggested fewer admissions are leading to intensive care, Pagel said the situation was worrying. “An NHS crisis based on the wards instead of ICU is still an NHS crisis,” she tweeted

Stop. Stop coming on here and trying to scare the shit out of people. You're a disgrace, an absolute utter disgrace and should hang your head in shame. You should be so disappointed in yourself. Do you not realise what you're doing to people's mental health? You're a sick, sick human being. Disgusting, filth.

People have been banned on here for far less, hopefully one is coming your way.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stop. Stop coming on here and trying to scare the shit out of people. You're a disgrace, an absolute utter disgrace and should hang your head in shame. You should be so disappointed in yourself. Do you not realise what you're doing to people's mental health? You're a sick, sick human being. Disgusting, filth.

People have been banned on here for far less, hopefully one is coming your way.

It's what is happening?? We can't bury our heads in the sand, if we had adopted some sensible baseline measures some time ago maybe we'd have avoided this? And what about the NHS nurses and doctors who are at the front end of this, surely their mental health matters?? They're drained after the last 18 months.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
It's what is happening?? We can't bury our heads in the sand, if we had adopted some sensible baseline measures some time ago maybe we'd have avoided this? And what about the NHS nurses and doctors who are at the front end of this, surely their mental health matters?? They're drained after the last 18 months.

No, this can't be avoided unless you want to live in China, and eventually its coming to them aswell. My sister works as an ICU nurse at RSCH, my mother works for the NHS too. Yes they're busy, but they're always busy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't get any joy from it so if my posts have come across that way I apologies. The truth is there are no good options dealing with this, it's trying to find the least bad. Today reports suggest as many as one third of the NHS workforce could be off sick by New Years Eve. If that is the case how can it function when demand is going to increase significantly in the coming weeks?? I don't want a lockdown but I think the best way to avoid a lockdown is to have other less obtrusive measures in place, and if we had done a few weeks ago and stemmed the tide and stopped doubling every 2-3 days maybe we'd have been able to ride it out. The option to do nothing though and keep our fingers and toes crossed everything will be ok is not a realistic one.

It seems obvious I've got some backs up on here so I'm taking a break from this thread, it's getting as divisive as some in the bear pit. I wish you all a happy and safe festive period and hope we can all have a much more enjoyable 2022 (and I'm optimistic with this wave and given how infectious it is and the immunity this will further build up that we can begin to get much more closer to normal in the next 12 months).

Didn’t last long did it…..soon back with your scaremongering, ‘seek out the very worst headline and post it here’ approach with no context or balance. Absolute troll of the worst kind.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tosser Piers Corbyn is revelling in his 15 minutes of fame, before his terminal breath.

These people are clearly breaking laws, obstructing medical personnel carrying out their duties.

Prosecute and lock them up.

Not like they lack evidence given they all shoot everything in HD and plaster it all over the web

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here