Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The treatment of hospitality by Government this last week has been appalling. Just as it was pre-lockdown in March 2020.

Indeed. Mixing indoors in large venues is dodgy but government " Advice " has been pretty much to lightly put the ball in the publics court.. as I heard the other day, if the government bans Christmas parties in pubs and restaurants then the owners would probably and rightly expect compensation from the government..... if it merely advises people to be VERY CAREFUL about meeting indoors in large venues it does not have to pay compo if droves of sensible people cancel....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Indeed. Mixing indoors in large venues is dodgy but government " Advice " has been pretty much to lightly put the ball in the publics court.. as I heard the other day, if the government bans Christmas parties in pubs and restaurants then the owners would probably and rightly expect compensation from the government..... if it merely advises people to be VERY CAREFUL about meeting indoors in large venues it does not have to pay compo if droves of sensible people cancel....

Yep, and just as before that lack of a direct order to close means they’re unable to claim on their insurance leaving them screwed at both ends at the worst time of the year.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020

It really is a disgrace isn’t it and echos what happened in March last year...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For those of you who, like me, are getting some serious March 2020 vibes about this whole thing…

[tweet]1472681565410967558[/tweet]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The treatment of hospitality by Government this last week has been appalling. Just as it was pre-lockdown in March 2020.

Yep. An absolute shit show. For the general public too. Javid coming out and saying what he's said today 5 days before Christmas is an absolute farce. Everyone on tenterhooks wondering wtf is going to be announced just days before Christmas. At least last year we were already in lockdown of sorts. Going from completely full stadia and full capacity venues to restrictions on household mixing with family etc would be a complete joke imo. We have family coming down this week. Traveling elsewhere to see different family next week after Christmas. Blowed if I'm cancelling plans now after the couple of years it's been.

Feel so sorry for those working in industries like travel and hospitality. The government is a disgrace

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. An absolute shit show. For the general public too. Javid coming out and saying what he's said today 5 days before Christmas is an absolute farce. Everyone on tenterhooks wondering wtf is going to be announced just days before Christmas. At least last year we were already in lockdown of sorts. Going from completely full stadia and full capacity venues to restrictions on household mixing with family etc would be a complete joke imo. We have family coming down this week. Traveling elsewhere to see different family next week after Christmas. Blowed if I'm cancelling plans now after the couple of years it's been.

I’m picking my mum and niece up tomorrow and they’re coming to stay……nothing Boris says is going to change our plans.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’m picking my mum and niece up tomorrow and they’re coming to stay……nothing Boris says is going to change our plans.

Yep. The only thing I worry about is family members (some of whom I've not seen for so long because of fecking covid) panic and cancel because of what's announced, which I'd be genuinely devastated about and absolutely livid with the cronies in charge of the country about.

Whatever happens we'll continue to test regularly and be cautious, etc, but millions like ourselves will ignore any restrictions put in place relating to indoor mixing, etc. I watched the football earlier with thousands and thousands mixing together ffs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Feel so sorry for those working in industries like travel and hospitality. The government is a disgrace

My sister is travelling to my parents on Tuesday, I’m going Friday to spend Christmas together this year (couldn’t last year, first ever) and have family coming Christmas Day itself. I’ve already decided I’m not prepared to stop any of that (everyone’s testing).

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
He can’t……they have to go through parliament.

I agree re compliance, that horse has bolted.

Parliament are on holiday (sorry - recess), so presumably Ministers can bring in what they want, and debate it long after? The recent mask wearing was re-introduced and law a day or two before Parliament debated it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Parliament are on holiday (sorry - recess), so presumably Ministers can bring in what they want, and debate it long after? The recent mask wearing was re-introduced and law a day or two before Parliament debated it.

Think they have to be recalled (quick vote followed by a big piss up, probably)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Think they have to be recalled (quick vote followed by a big piss up, probably)

If they’re having a piss up I hope for their sake Boris isn’t organising it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looks like Javid is finally going to act and put restrictions in place for Christmas, maximum number indoors and then harsher restrictions after boxing day and the possible closure of hospitality.

I'm starting to find the joy you get from all this a little disturbing. Aside from that whilst I have been out enjoying normality I didn't spot the bit where Javid became prime minister. Could you please post a link to the news article confirming this quite significant change as a quick scan of news sites tells me little

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
No.

They are proposing pubs and restaurants to close at 8pm.

You wont be forced to be at home after 8pm.
I'm sure there must be a good reason for making everyone wo wants to go out for a drink or a meal, crowd into the pubs and restaurants all at the same time rather than spread out over the whole evening. It just isn't obvious what that reason is.:shrug:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
I'm starting to find the joy you get from all this a little disturbing. Aside from that whilst I have been out enjoying normality I didn't spot the bit where Javid became prime minister. Could you please post a link to the news article confirming this quite significant change as a quick scan of news sites tells me little

I’m beginning to agree with you here, while most of my recent ire has been aimed at those on the other side of the fence, there is an uneasy feeling that these posts are being put on here to stir the hornets nest.

Like you I couldn’t find any links to any “actual” proposals. So Crodo either has a personal link to Mr Javid and is in the know, or alternatively is making up worse case scenario options for the sake of shit stirring. I mean people on here are now arguing and name calling about curfews, etc., when sod all has been announced.

Gives me that uneasy feeling he is throwing out these cluster bombs for the effect they have on the forum.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I’m beginning to agree with you here, while most of my recent ire has been aimed at those on the other side of the fence, there is an uneasy feeling that these posts are being put on here to stir the hornets nest.

Like you I couldn’t find any links to any “actual” proposals. So Crodo either has a personal link to Mr Javid and is in the know, or alternatively is making up worse case scenario options for the sake of shit stirring. I mean people on here are now arguing and name calling about curfews, etc., when sod all has been announced.

Gives me that uneasy feeling he is throwing out these cluster bombs for the effect they have on the forum.

Its deliberate, she should be ashamed of herself. When people throw the counter argument back, she conveniently ignores it.

I know she likes trolling, but to deliberately mess with people's mental well-being is sick and disgusting. How can anyone get a kick out of that? Time for a break methinks.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its deliberate, she should be ashamed of herself. When people throw the counter argument back, she conveniently ignores it.

I know she likes trolling, but to deliberately mess with people's mental well-being is sick and disgusting. How can anyone get a kick out of that? Time for a break methinks.

It’s as least as bad as what [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] was banned for IMO.

In other news, ****s.

Anti-vaxxers are block-booking appointments at mass vaccination centres, it has emerged, in an apparent attempt to prevent others receiving the life-saving jab.

The tactic has reportedly been used before at other sites, but it is understood some slots were booked out at Wembley Stadium on Sunday.

It comes after anti-vaccination demonstrators took the streets of London the day before in protest at new Covid restrictions, causing scuffles with police outside Downing Street.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...k-book-appointments-stop-people-getting-life/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here