Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Couple of things - I’ve accepted we will be lockdown for weeks

Two weeks :lolol:

This will put people off getting boosted (certainly a 4th, I’m not sure I’ll bother) why are they treating the actually issue people the same?

Why after Christmas? Why not now? Same with Labour in Wales - it’s to be seen to be doing something - Two weeks won’t achieve anything.

This will be the end of Johnson

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

This will put people off getting boosted (certainly a 4th, I’m not sure I’ll bother) why are they treating the actually issue people the same?

Why after Christmas? Why not now? Same with Labour in Wales - it’s to be seen to be doing something - Two weeks won’t achieve anything.

Not sure a lengthy lockdown starting days before Christmas would have helped him from a popularity perspective.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

well I WAS going to get boosted in the new year but now I'm not so sure. Don't believe for one moment any restrictions would last for two weeks, and I also don't believe that the restrictions they're proposing would have any impact and once we start down that road we'd likely end up with a full lockdown pretty soon.

Am fairly young, have had it already and was absolutely fine, I work from home and don't really come into contact with anyone vulnerable. The only reason I'd get it is to update my vaccine passport. Which would be entirely pointless if we're going to be in lockdown for months on end.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I remember the ‘circuit breaker’ the Welsh employed last year …can’t recall that achieved anything

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My guess is there will be a compromise and they will shut pubs, indoor restaurants, households mixing etc on the 27th Dec for 2 weeks. Xmas 'saved'

The Omni wave only seems to last 4 weeks anyway but Boris will take the plaudits that his circuit breaker did the trick ..... And everything will calm down again in mid Jan.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
My guess is there will be a compromise and they will shut pubs, indoor restaurants, households mixing etc on the 27th Dec for 2 weeks. Xmas 'saved'

The Omni wave only seems to last 4 weeks anyway but Boris will take the plaudits that his circuit breaker did the trick ..... And everything will calm down again in mid Jan.

Few friends round for a party at home then NYE rather than the pub.

That’ll save a few quid.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
well I WAS going to get boosted in the new year but now I'm not so sure. Don't believe for one moment any restrictions would last for two weeks, and I also don't believe that the restrictions they're proposing would have any impact and once we start down that road we'd likely end up with a full lockdown pretty soon.

Am fairly young, have had it already and was absolutely fine, I work from home and don't really come into contact with anyone vulnerable. The only reason I'd get it is to update my vaccine passport. Which would be entirely pointless if we're going to be in lockdown for months on end.

I've spoken to a few today who are being put off getting boosted for that reason. If the boosters are the answer and are going well why would we need restrictions

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dr Raghib Ali MD(Epi) MPH MSc(Epi) MA DLSHTM FRCP
@drraghibali
Not sure if
@jburnmurdoch
has tweeted this yet but early stats on Covid admissions in London in his FT piece are reassuring:

111/169 new Covid +ve patients were not being treated primarily for Covid
(proportion much higher than previous waves)

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I've spoken to a few today who are being put off getting boosted for that reason. If the boosters are the answer and are going well why would we need restrictions

To be fair my wife isn't getting hers because she's a bit busy, she read a disconcerting thread on Facebook and some of the mum's in the school playground have heard "some absolute horror stories". Oh, and she also now says she won't have anything inside her body that she doesn't want to; I'm not sure Omicron gives you that luxury.

Moronic, if I say so myself. Won't be reasoned with that woman. :facepalm:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Because they need two weeks to kick in.

It’s quite logical. Everyone get s a chance for a booster and for it to kick in and then unlock.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I assume with any ridiculous lockdown, all pubs, clubs and restaurants will be compensated by the government?

And cabbies who would normally earn well on New Years Eve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here