Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not for another 9 days - everyone will have caught it by then

It’s almost like it’s for show

Using their own modelling it doesn’t make sense - everyone will have had it as you say

Using the policy they brought in for vaccine passports, it doesn’t make sense

Starting to think there’s no point bailing these places out, just let them go under now and put them out their misery.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Something to keep in mind over the course of the coming weeks. Somewhat obvious when you think about it, but easily overlooked and no doubt purposely overlooked by the frenzied media.

People being hospitalised and dying WITH Covid is going to seriously increase in the days and weeks ahead. But, in a nutshell, don’t assume that it was Covid that claimed the life of the poor soul who hit another vehicle head on at 60mph.

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https:...surge-will-make-data-covid-deaths-unreliable/

I guess there will be a lack of “excess deaths” in the stats?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good stuff.

I went to the theatre in London on Monday with the missus. Just been out with 9 mates for a curry. Arranged darts night for next week, and a bit if a gathering for cricket on boxing day.

I'm choosing to live life :thumbsup:

Absolutely. I’m just off into Brighton to meet 7 others for breakfast. I’m all jabbed and masked and ready to mingle. Pub this afternoon. The vaccines work. Go out and live.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Absolutely. I’m just off into Brighton to meet 7 others for breakfast. I’m all jabbed and masked and ready to mingle. Pub this afternoon. The vaccines work. Go out and live.

Same with me. Plenty going on between now and Christmas. Fully jabbed and boosted. Masking where required.life needs to go on

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Same with me. Plenty going on between now and Christmas. Fully jabbed and boosted. Masking where required.life needs to go on

Lots of things planned for NY too. If they’re open and going ahead, I’ll be there. We can’t hide inside every time the boffins get a little excited.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I might agree if it weren't for Christmas coming up. If you catch it are you just going to ignore the requirement to isolate, the potential for a 10k fine, and the potential to kill the elderly folks?

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sad to see hospitality on it's knees again. One London pub chain shared their Revenue of this week vs last - as they head into what should be the busiest weekend of the year. The best was -39% down, the worst -70%.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I might agree if it weren't for Christmas coming up. If you catch it are you just going to ignore the requirement to isolate, the potential for a 10k fine, and the potential to kill the elderly folks?

If I test positive between now and then I would. However once Christmas is here I'm with the same people for 10 days and not going anywhere so I guess its isolating by default

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

If I test positive between now and then I would. However once Christmas is here I'm with the same people for 10 days and not going anywhere so I guess its isolating by default

I think, given your personal circumstances of being at home anyway (and presumably with low risk people), you're being very flippant.

Life for you will carry on the same regardless of your covid status over the next couple of weeks. However for many, life won't go on if they contract covid in the next week, which is increasingly becoming more likely.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Similar with me, but my point is I really don't want to risk not being able to 'do' Christmas.
Unfortunately I have a children's party to go to on Sunday at a trampoline park, and a comedy gig on Tuesday with 5-10k people in an arena.
Not feeling at all keen on either right now - despite us all having COVID two months back (well, my wife and girls did, I had similar symptoms but tested negative).
My booster is booked for tomorrow.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think, given your personal circumstances of being at home anyway (and presumably with low risk people), you're being very flippant.

Life for you will carry on the same regardless of your covid status over the next couple of weeks. However for many, life won't go on if they contract covid in the next week, which is increasingly becoming more likely.

Sorry you feel that way. I think you've misinterpreted it somewhat as I wasn't intending to come across as flippant. Most of what I'm commited to between now and Christmas is for the kids and I'm not overly keen on telling my 6 year old he can't go on the steam train to see Santa for example. I worry as much as others about covid. That's why I made clear that were I to test positive before I would isolate. Surely that alone points to not being flippant at all. From the 23rd though I am with my household and 2 people I provide care for until January 4th. I was merely pointing out that if in that time I tested positive I would have no reason to go anywhere so it wouldn't impact me. I test daily. I follow all the rules and if they changed I would continue to do so. Once again I apologize if that seems flippant

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Similar with me, but my point is I really don't want to risk not being able to 'do' Christmas.
Unfortunately I have a children's party to go to on Sunday at a trampoline park, and a comedy gig on Tuesday with 5-10k people in an arena.
Not feeling at all keen on either right now - despite us all having COVID two months back (well, my wife and girls did, I had similar symptoms but tested negative).

In fairness I'm dreading London with the kids next week but can't disappoint them after the 2 years they've had (non covid issues) they deserve an enjoyable Christmas and knowing after that we will be cut off til early January mitigates the risk a little for me. I opted against football last night so I'm following Whittys advice and choosing my priorities.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What a drama!
I test every shift for work so no, I’d go home and isolate. Stop catastrophising and imagining I’m some kind of irresponsible super spreader. I will continue my life, with precautions unless I catch it , in which case I’ll go home and cause some shit in the bear pit for ten days ;-)

However, I’ve said before we need to stop shutting down the world for the elderly, to extend their lives by a few months.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What a drama!
I test every shift for work so no, I’d go home and isolate. Stop catastrophising and imagining I’m some kind of irresponsible super spreader. I will continue my life, with precautions unless I catch it , in which case I’ll go home and cause some shit in the bear pit for ten days ;-)

However, I’ve said before we need to stop shutting down the world for the elderly, to extend their lives by a few months.

I guess I'm just worried about being locked in the house with the kids and no support again, like last Christmas!

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea

Can't you just cancel it? Not often you get a genuine reason to cancel at such short notice. I've pulled my little one out of nursery, cancelled all plans we had over this weekend and into next week. The Mrs isn't thrilled but she gets that if we get it now, Xmas is cancelled anyway.

Typically yesterday I came down with quite a nasty cough, 5 Lat flow tests say negative, but she says I needed to book a Pcr just to be certain, so just hoping for the results on that.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford wants to shut further sectors down beyond nightclubs but cannot without further treasury support from Westminster and a possible return of the furlough scheme through the rest of the winter/early Spring. Where the **** is Rishi Sunak??

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looks like Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford wants to shut further sectors down beyond nightclubs but cannot without further treasury support from Westminster and a possible return of the furlough scheme through the rest of the winter/early Spring. Where the **** is Rishi Sunak??

On route back from California

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here