Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV County Championship Division Three - Worcestershire v Sussex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Radio Worcester commentator really likes Dan Ibrahim, doesn't he? I mean, REALLY likes him!

He's right though; I saw his 50 against Glamorgan a month or so ago and he looked so good. There were no wild shots, everything was measured and he seemed to be taking the lead when batting with Claydon.

He looks a seriously good cricketer - no doubt he'll be playing for Surrey before he's 21

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's right though; I saw his 50 against Glamorgan a month or so ago and he looked so good. There were no wild shots, everything was measured and he seemed to be taking the lead when batting with Claydon.

He looks a seriously good cricketer - no doubt he'll be playing for Surrey before he's 21

Wouldn't be surprised. The cricketing apartheid post Covid will make things worse.

The development of players in Sussex has been outstanding in recent years. A friend of mine's son has been in the set up and he himself is now a circuit umpire. So he's seen them all the way through. By all accounts it seems that some who may not have been expected to take the step have, whilst others have taken different pursuits.

I think the Championship has been the most enjoyable aspect of this season. Forget the results. It's just great to see a team enjoying their cricket and giving it their all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Great effort from FHP and Ibrahim.

The Radio Worcester commentator really likes Dan Ibrahim, doesn't he? I mean, REALLY likes him!

It’s still not obvious if he’s a batting or a bowling allrounder. He looks decent at both, although my hunch is more of a batter.
It will be sad times if our talented young players are routinely picked off by the test counties.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It’s still not obvious if he’s a batting or a bowling allrounder. He looks decent at both, although my hunch is more of a batter.
It will be sad times if our talented young players are routinely picked off by the test counties.

It would but would need a serious injection of cash to get anywhere close to the wages the “test match ground” clubs are offering.

The youngsters have done very well this season , with the proviso that some of the opposition haven’t been that strong.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
250 ahead.

Let's hope the weather holds tomorrow, could be an interesting day.

Never mind Sussex's kids, I see (on the other end of the age scale) that DBS has scored another ton for Kent. Is he still going to be playing at 50?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
250 ahead.

Let's hope the weather holds tomorrow, could be an interesting day.

Going to have to have this on the second monitor, and the Test match on the iPad.

Not going to be the most productive of days...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Going to have to have this on the second monitor, and the Test match on the iPad.

Not going to be the most productive of days...

[emoji28][emoji28]there’ll be a few people doing that...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[emoji28][emoji28]there’ll be a few people doing that...

..and we're off.

Must say, I'm finding it difficult to cope, half watching two games, where in one I want runs to be scored, and in the other, wickets to fall. Will be easier once Worcester are batting!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Archie Lenham gone, feathering to the keeper, trying to hook. Carson in.

Sussex being all out quickly, for a few quick runs, is the best chance of an exciting finish, I reckon.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Archie Lenham gone, feathering to the keeper, trying to hook. Carson in.

Sussex being all out quickly, for a few quick runs, is the best chance of an exciting finish, I reckon.

Yes. Overly cautious declarations are a sad feature of modern cricket.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Playing out nicely. Carson caught in the deep. Ibrahim opening his shoulders (75 not out) Two wickets left, lead of 290

Hopefully we'll see a declaration after an Ibrahim unbeaten ton and give them 325 to get in c 75 overs...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Crocombe gone. Last man Sarro joins Ibrahim, who is on strike at the start of the new over, and 84 not out...

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Gone for 94! Such a shame, but doesn't detract from a brilliant innings from the youngster.

A lead of 314, with a minimum of 78 overs to be bowled

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ibrahim gone for 94 - what a knock.

He should have just pushed a two, everyone was back on the ropes

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Off topic slightly, but I'm hoping to head down to the County Ground on Monday for the Middlesex game, does anyone know if it is POTG? Don't want to buy an online ticket if plans go awry.

Thanks in advance.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Meandering towards a draw, sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here