Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Legacy

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
To my mind RDZ does certainly leave with a legacy of pushing us on .However when one compares his with say Kopps track record ,he had a long way to go before becoming a legend.
Yeah really good point mate. Compared to the manager that won the league he's not all that is he

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
RDZ when asked for his reaction to the “we want you to stay” chants after the game.

“The truth? I thought it could be possible to [try] again… I have no other club behind me”.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
RDZ when asked for his reaction to the “we want you to stay” chants after the game.

“The truth? I thought it could be possible to [try] again… I have no other club behind me”.
I spent a week at work biting my tongue and sending exasperated email to an admin colleague who seems to me to be a raving dimbot. I somehow managed a bit of contrition and humour along the way. And on Friday I got this lovely email back, the details of which I won't go into.

People trying to do a decent job. Sometimes with passion. Sometimes with cliches and robotspeak. But if everyone wants the same thing.....sometimes it can work.

And after acting in haste one can always repent at leisure.

Funny old world.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
1716152261851.png

poor second half and scored only 17 goals (2 of which were OGs); only Everton fewer (16).

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
View attachment 182633
poor second half and scored only 17 goals (2 of which were OGs); only Everton fewer (16).
This table should be printed out, framed and nailed to the wall.

It is the result that counts. Everything else is irrelevant. The emotion. The passion. 'We are Brighton.'

All of them are irrelevant, unless the result is commensurate. RDZ needed to deliver, and he didn't.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Getting battered by Villa, Luton and whoever else? That's his legacy in my mind.
Charlton in the EFL Cup last season. You‘ve got that one too 👍

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I spent a week at work biting my tongue and sending exasperated email to an admin colleague who seems to me to be a raving dimbot. I somehow managed a bit of contrition and humour along the way. And on Friday I got this lovely email back, the details of which I won't go into.

People trying to do a decent job. Sometimes with passion. Sometimes with cliches and robotspeak. But if everyone wants the same thing.....sometimes it can work.

And after acting in haste one can always repent at leisure.

Funny old world.
You didn't recommend that they had this then?

Good question. Successful like Mourinho (if Mourinho had a cuntectomy) or merely entertaining like Bielsa (if Bielsa had a bit of a charm implant)?
:bowdown:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Highest ever finish , took us in to Europe for the first time , had an amazing group and finished top
last season was the best football I had ever seen a Brighton team play , and that is 60 years ,
if he had received the same support as Klopp we would of qualified for Europe again
i would say our best ever manager without doubt,
didn’t stay long enough to be a legend, but whoever follows will have a hard job to achieve what RDZ did
Considering the players he wanted were Dahoud, Igor and Fati, I shudder to think how we'd be feeling now if we'd spent club-crippling sums on his more expensive targets, smashing the wage structure into the bargain,

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Considering the players he wanted were Dahoud, Igor and Fati, I shudder to think how we'd be feeling now if we'd spent club-crippling sums on his more expensive targets, smashing the wage structure into the bargain,
Just f***ing coach the side that you’re given. So reads the job description 👍😂

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yeah lost the best midfield duo in the league , lost Wmepu and these players were not replaced
club made £125 million , will be the same this season , so would not be unreasonable to get in a couple of midfield players

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Choose your own cliché:

Nothing lasts forever.
There's no loyalty in football any more.
[Insert manager name here] OUT.
It's the result that counts.
Cut your losses.

The RDZ project certainly did deliver early on, but then it began to falter. RDZ got found out by an ever increasing number of clubs, who learned how to play against us.

The club decided to cut its losses.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Choose your own cliché:
Nothing lasts forever.
There's no loyalty in football any more.
[Insert manager name here] OUT.
It's the result that counts.
Cut your losses.

The RDZ project certainly did deliver early on, but then it began to falter. RDZ got found out by an ever increasing number of clubs, who learned how to play against us.

The club decided to cut its losses.
I’ll add “you don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone”.

Time will tell whether Albion or De Zerbi are feeling that way in a couple of years from now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here