[Albion] Legacy

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
1000004436.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
At Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool, Klopp lasted and produced the ultimate. In each case, he operated down the pecking order in the money league. Etching his name into immortality.

RDZ’s younger, learning his craft, I think he’ll always be a nomad, but hopefully he wins stuff along the way.

Both have charisma, that cannot be acquired. Legions of supporters are drawn to such personalities, hence the love for RDZ today.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Highest ever finish , took us in to Europe for the first time , had an amazing group and finished top
last season was the best football I had ever seen a Brighton team play , and that is 60 years ,
if he had received the same support as Klopp we would of qualified for Europe again
i would say our best ever manager without doubt,
didn’t stay long enough to be a legend, but whoever follows will have a hard job to achieve what RDZ did

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Highest ever finish , took us in to Europe for the first time , had an amazing group and finished top
last season was the best football I had ever seen a Brighton team play , and that is 60 years ,
if he had received the same support as Klopp we would of qualified for Europe again
i would say our best ever manager without doubt,
didn’t stay long enough to be a legend, but whoever follows will have a hard job to achieve what RDZ did

It seems that sometimes, here at that the Albion, the stars align and the right manager comes to the club at just the right time and great things happen.

Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Mark McGhee, Gus Poyet, Chris Hughton, Roberto De Zerbi.

I'm sure RDZ is a good manager, but I'm pretty sure he is not a great one. None of the above were great managers, but they came to the club at the right times and all of them brought us unprecedented successes.

RDZs legacy will always be (for us anyway), our highest ever finish (to date) and our debut in European football.

I suspect, over time, it will be recognised that Graham Potter was our greatest ever manager. He took us truly to Premier League standard, and RDZ polished it off.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
It seems that sometimes, here at that the Albion, the stars align and the right manager comes to the club at just the right time and great things happen.

Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Mark McGhee, Gus Poyet, Chris Hughton, Roberto De Zerbi.

I'm sure RDZ is a good manager, but I'm pretty sure he is not a great one. None of the above were great managers, but they came to the club at the right times and all of them brought us unprecedented successes.

RDZs legacy will always be (for us anyway), our highest ever finish (to date) and our debut in European football.

I suspect, over time, it will be recognised that Graham Potter was our greatest ever manager. He took us truly to Premier League standard, and RDZ polished it off.
And what has Potter done since he has left us , nothing
and if you don’t think that achieving our highest ever position makes him our greatest manager, and taking us into Europe, that no other manager has achieved, and finishing top of the group of death , apart from Mullery no other manager we have had is in the same class
as RDZ

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I normally don't care what managers go on to do, bit I'll be watching with interest wherever he ends up. He's obviously very driven, but I'm still not convinced his experienced enough to be given a top, TOP job.

I'm genuinely not sure whether he'll become a great, or if his ego will prevent that...

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
And what has Potter done since he has left us , nothing
and if you don’t think that achieving our highest ever position makes him our greatest manager, and taking us into Europe, that no other manager has achieved, and finishing top of the group of death , apart from Mullery no other manager we have had is in the same class
as RDZ

I think well of Chris Hughton, there has to be a place in there for getting us to the PL..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm genuinely not sure whether he'll become a great, or if his ego will prevent that...

I don't think an ego is a problem if you're a) good enough, and b) at a club that can afford the best players.

If Pep has an ego, would it be a problem? If Fergie has, was that a problem?

It's not so easy at a lower level club though, as they're not going to get the best players, and they'll be thinking of climbing the ladder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To my mind RDZ does certainly leave with a legacy of pushing us on .However when one compares his with say Kopps track record ,he had a long way to go before becoming a legend.
At Liverpool, certainly.

At Brighton he is our most iconic and (IMO) best ever manager.

FFS.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I normally don't care what managers go on to do, bit I'll be watching with interest wherever he ends up. He's obviously very driven, but I'm still not convinced his experienced enough to be given a top, TOP job.

Good question. Successful like Mourinho (if Mourinho had a cuntectomy) or merely entertaining like Bielsa (if Bielsa had a bit of a charm implant)?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think an ego is a problem if you're a) good enough, and b) at a club that can afford the best players.

If Pep has an ego, would it be a problem? If Fergie has, was that a problem?

It's not so easy at a lower level club though, as they're not going to get the best players, and they'll be thinking of climbing the ladder.
Both of those were established managers before they got to the big time. RDZ - maybe quite rightly wants his big break NOW.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here