Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour has suspended former leader Jeremy Corbyn

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I believe the words were mates. As opposed to a friendship of a group and not any specific person.
Are we now linking Corbyn with the Wagner Group as well ?While we are at it lump in the I.R.A.
Corbyn has regrets, but your weak arguments after your faux pas get weaker by every post.

So you consider murderous Hamas and Hezbollah military wing as freedom fighters? The EU considered this carefully and labelled them terrorists.

I mentioned another example, Wagner Group, to highlight the ludicrousness of the sweeping term “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Wondering if this thread should be closed?

Each week’s a repetitive time warp on what’s been said on it many times before :D

It’s deja vu all over again!

Honestly though, it keeps all the (usually legitimate) complaints in the one place.

If we closed it, we’d end up with a separate thread for each fresh attack on the British people by their own government.

On the plus side we might discuss the individual issues a bit more. On the down side, you’d probably struggle to find a thread on football outside of matchdays.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s deja vu all over again!

Honestly though, it keeps all the (usually legitimate) complaints in the one place.

If we closed it, we’d end up with a separate thread for each fresh attack on the British people by their own government.

On the plus side we might discuss the individual issues a bit more. On the down side, you’d probably struggle to find a thread on football outside of matchdays.
Agree. It’s good for containment. The moderators have it in hand. Just nice to debate the ball, not the man. I’m sorry I think I meta’d my mixafors.

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Corbyn has regrets, but your weak arguments after your faux pas get weaker by every post.

So you consider murderous Hamas and Hezbollah military wing as freedom fighters? The EU considered this carefully and labelled them terrorists.

I mentioned another example, Wagner Group, to highlight the ludicrousness of the sweeping term “one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter”.
Personally I would consider Hamas and Hezbollah as terrorists as long as we agree the Israeli Government should be joining them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Time for my daily reminder that Corbyn is an unwelcome irrelevance and distraction. The more people talk about Corbyn, the stronger it makes the Tories.
I’m not sure how that works. The Tories are up against Starmer’s Labour Party. If anything the more people talk about Corbyn the more they are reminded of the turn the Labour Party has taken for the better. Works for me.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Regardless of what "apartheid" ?

On the Labour front bench ?

Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch and Israeli human rights group B'tselem have all declared Israel as an Apartheid state.

Starmer and many of his front bench are all members of Labour Friends of Israel group. They welcome Israeli dignitaries to the UK with open arms.

Akin to the Tories when they backed the regime in South Africa

Take 4 minutes to listen to this from a Jewish former South African MP who had 40 members of his wider family wiped out in the Holocaust.

If you can still can bring yourself to vote for Starmer who has declared himself a Zionist, then I suggest you have zero humanity.

History will not judge him well. This is without the constant lying and u turns and discarding of friends in the pursuit of power.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you can still can bring yourself to vote for Starmer who has declared himself a Zionist, then I suggest you have zero humanity.

I was questioning the wording of your post which very badly phrased as a lot of them are. It can read as there is apartheid on the Labour front bench.

As for my humanity, I'll let those who know me judge me on that.

While we are here, why don't you start a new political party ? It's quite clear from your username what your views are.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Beyond Swansman’s obvious double standards and casual use of offensive tropes, my concern was also what if one of the people who have read the thread was TB or if it was reported to him out of context. Probably not - but you never know- and therefore even more stupid on a Brighton site.

Coming full circle I suspect they are also very similar to Magic Grandpa’s own views which is why he was the worst Labour leader since Foot and thoroughly unfit for office.
Revisiting this thread seeing as this issue has come to the fore again with Dianne Abbott barred from standing for Labour and Swansman allowed back on NSC with not even a hint of apology to the Jewish people he offended. Surely that is something that should have been done before he started posting his long Potter love-ins again?

I was one of those that reported his posts although, I think he was banned by then. Swansman’s whole perspective on the Holocaust was frankly sickening to me on a very direct and personal level.

It’s a minefield but unless you are Jewish, Black, Muslim, LGBT or whatever else makes one vulnerable to discriminatory behaviour, and hear or see such behaviour, one cannot possibly understand what that experience feels like or indeed how it feels when it has been apparently ‘forgiven’ by people who were not in the target group of the offensive behaviour in the first place. I think Starmar is right about not letting Abbott stand for Labour again. People come out with this stuff because they believe it. It doesn’t matter that they hold their tongues or ‘apologise’.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Revisiting this thread seeing as this issue has come to the fore again with Dianne Abbott barred from standing for Labour and Swansman allowed back on NSC with not even a hint of apology to the Jewish people he offended. Surely that is something that should have been done before he started posting his long Potter love-ins again?

I was one of those that reported his posts although, I think he was banned by then. Swansman’s whole perspective on the Holocaust was frankly sickening to me on a very direct and personal level.

It’s a minefield but unless you are Jewish, Black, Muslim, LGBT or whatever else makes one vulnerable to discriminatory behaviour, and hear or see such behaviour, one cannot possibly understand what that experience feels like or indeed how it feels when it has been apparently ‘forgiven’ by people who were not in the target group of the offensive behaviour in the first place. I think Starmar is right about not letting Abbott stand for Labour again. People come out with this stuff because they believe it. It doesn’t matter that they hold their tongues or ‘apologise’.
I'm not going to talk politics or society on here any more, neither do I want debate around myself other than the footy stuff. But I suppose if this isn't going to pop up all the time, I'm going to make a short attempt to make myself "understandable", hopefully withour incurring more feelings of rage:

I'm a f***ing idiot sometimes but I try not to be. I'm not evil, but I sometimes try to be evil when I'm really angry.

I have Jewish heritage. Like many Jewish Swedes/Swedes with Jewish heritage, parts of my family have a very strained relationship to Zionism, both for family personal reasons that I preferably don't share in the open but could DM about if there's some deep desire to understand my inner rage (lol). And also for what you might call geo-cultural reasons: Folke Bernadotte saved many many thousand Jews with the White Buses, was unanimously chosen as the UN diplomat/negotiator, proposed a two-state solution, went down to Jerusalem and was instantly killed by the Stern Gang, whose members would then be the core of the Israelian political establishment. Power they've never really lost. This background, along with what I believe to be A LOT of wrongdoings against the Palestinians over the years (and no, I'm not going to debate that any further so don't ask)... makes thing tick quite easily for me.

In my final posts as "Swansman", I was desperately trying to tell everyone that not every Jew is completely aligned with what a lot of Zionist leaders want and believe. I was equally much trying to offend a bloke putting laughing emojis on every post where I even remotely indicated that Palestinians are human beings who should be treated as human beings, which frankly made me furious (which also made me furious, because I don't get furious) and determined to hurt that guy equally badly. I'm not saying that's acceptable, perhaps to some not even excusable, but that is what happened.
In this fury I expressed myself in a quite offensive and provoking manner and I also failed to show sensitivity to real and/or semantical differences in how these subjects are discussed in various corners of the world.

I wanted to become my worst self and succeeded with that. While there's no doubt some people won't forgive it, I hope this explanation of the situation at least make some people understand that my raging rants, poor use of words and examples and "hot takes" was a human failure on my behalf, not an inhumane success. I made bad mistakes and if people still feel offended by this: I apologise, it was pretty shit to behave like a shit-throwing monkey mainly to piss of a guy laughing at bad things.

I've learnt a thing or two since then, and if I'm allowed to stay, I'm going to be a lot less anger-invoking. Except on football subjects...
And a part of that will be to neither engage in discussions around myself, politics or news. I'm not even going to open these political threads - just found this through searching "Swansman" as it struck me as likely that this subject had been brought up and perhaps needed a response in order not to let this subject grow back into a big one.

I will not be responding to anything more on the topic of me and intricate personal or political stuff. I hope that with this response we can leave it behind. And I urge people not to talk about me in these types of threads because its simply not good for NSC.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'm not going to talk politics or society on here any more, neither do I want debate around myself other than the footy stuff. But I suppose if this isn't going to pop up all the time, I'm going to make a short attempt to make myself "understandable", hopefully withour incurring more feelings of rage:

I'm a f***ing idiot sometimes but I try not to be. I'm not evil, but I sometimes try to be evil when I'm really angry.

I have Jewish heritage. Like many Jewish Swedes/Swedes with Jewish heritage, parts of my family have a very strained relationship to Zionism, both for family personal reasons that I preferably don't share in the open but could DM about if there's some deep desire to understand my inner rage (lol). And also for what you might call geo-cultural reasons: Folke Bernadotte saved many many thousand Jews with the White Buses, was unanimously chosen as the UN diplomat/negotiator, proposed a two-state solution, went down to Jerusalem and was instantly killed by the Stern Gang, whose members would then be the core of the Israelian political establishment. Power they've never really lost. This background, along with what I believe to be A LOT of wrongdoings against the Palestinians over the years (and no, I'm not going to debate that any further so don't ask)... makes thing tick quite easily for me.

In my final posts as "Swansman", I was desperately trying to tell everyone that not every Jew is completely aligned with what a lot of Zionist leaders want and believe. I was equally much trying to offend a bloke putting laughing emojis on every post where I even remotely indicated that Palestinians are human beings who should be treated as human beings, which frankly made me furious (which also made me furious, because I don't get furious) and determined to hurt that guy equally badly. I'm not saying that's acceptable, perhaps to some not even excusable, but that is what happened.
In this fury I expressed myself in a quite offensive and provoking manner and I also failed to show sensitivity to real and/or semantical differences in how these subjects are discussed in various corners of the world.

I wanted to become my worst self and succeeded with that. While there's no doubt some people won't forgive it, I hope this explanation of the situation at least make some people understand that my raging rants, poor use of words and examples and "hot takes" was a human failure on my behalf, not an inhumane success. I made bad mistakes and if people still feel offended by this: I apologise, it was pretty shit to behave like a shit-throwing monkey mainly to piss of a guy laughing at bad things.

I've learnt a thing or two since then, and if I'm allowed to stay, I'm going to be a lot less anger-invoking. Except on football subjects...
And a part of that will be to neither engage in discussions around myself, politics or news. I'm not even going to open these political threads - just found this through searching "Swansman" as it struck me as likely that this subject had been brought up and perhaps needed a response in order not to let this subject grow back into a big one.

I will not be responding to anything more on the topic of me and intricate personal or political stuff. I hope that with this response we can leave it behind. And I urge people not to talk about me in these types of threads because its simply not good for NSC.
What do you think of the Albion

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I suppose if this isn't going to pop up all the time, I'm going to make a short attempt to make myself "understandable", hopefully without incurring more feelings of rage:
Thank you for such a considered response - I’m fine not to mention it again after this. Your attempt at an explanation and apology is appreciated- the above statement covers most of your earlier comments - your use of antisemitic tropes about why the Jews were persecuted in Nazi Europe not so much - which were the real cause for my personal feelings of offence asfaiwc. Other than I agree completely with your nuances regarding forms of far right Religious Zionism and it’s historical and current significance towards the Palestinians and think you were perhaps misunderstood on that - I am also, like you, not aligned with Netanyahu and his pro-Zionist extremists, nor as you say are many other Jews but I do have family members very much divided on the issue. (I also understand how infuriating it can be when people use laughter emojis in response to serious and painful issues - It is not all black and white - Read the Hamas/Israel thread some time).

We are all human and all make mistakes. Accepting that in ourselves and others, helps us evolve.

Welcome back - imo your contributions to football discussions have been missed as has your humour and some of your input on other matters…👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here