Just stuff, v Derby, reflections and stuff!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know it's late, it's like 2:33am when I have started writing this. Didn't get home til 1.15am and I am on such a buzz! I never did drugs, I prefer to kill myself on alcohol and tobacco, but if I were on drugs then this is a high octane feeling... powdered pure petrol and 20 grams of it snorted in one! Probably more expensive than crack anyway.

Tonight was sublime, seeing Vicente orchestrate a football match must have been like watching Beethoven in some grand hall in Vienna back in the 1800's. I'm sure Beethoven had his favourite musician and Lua Lua played it out perfectly tonight, hitting all the notes as battened by the master. And the performing cast weren't to bad either. The symphony was perfectly played in the great Amex hall.

Nights like tonight have all of us, one and all, the family of Brighton, swooning with admiration and it is a pleasure to come home and read it. I would have read it on my victorious chariot back to London, alas, sadly my battery went out on the great handheld story teller.

Getting away from pompous shite I am writing... it is nice to see everyone together tonight, it is unusual and heart warming. I still think we need to learn a lesson or two regarding the high horse posting. I totally disagree that Derby were dirty, they made a few bad challenges, but we have seen that all season, and as their forum rightly points out, who are we to judge? Whether we deserve the accolade or not, we sit on the base of the dirtiest teams league. I actually felt refreshed by the refs leniency because yellows and reds just ruin games.

Apart from the final ten minutes when we seemed to go into underdrive and made the stats look better for Derby, we were just 100% in control. We bossed the game from the back to the front and vice versa. Until the final few minutes I don't remember missing a heartbeat because of a Derby threat. It was for all intents and purposes the finest performance I have seen us put together this season (for the games I have seen). Not just for the dominance, but the pressure of the play offs and on the back of a pretty ordinary performance on the past Saturday. Immense would sum it up for me.

I hate to see (as many now know) the constant barrage of negativity towards our manager, players, squad, coaches, et al. We have far to many moaners, whiners, NSC Brighton managers, people that think they can talk good tactics and yet at the end of the day, personally, I find it all very embarrassing that some of you can actually write these things, post them and live by it. We all make embarrassing posts, don't we? But sometimes the same people post the same shit over and over again, to the point where you think they really do think they can do better jobs. Through thick or thin I think we are better off just sticking with what we are given and enjoy the ride. From the depths of League 1 to 4th in the Championship with some 8 games left til the end of the season tells me that our club are doing something right, despite the detractors.

So can I just put something to the table here. Can we try and agree to push the team home for the remaining few games... show positivity and catapult them to the finish line. Please? Pretty please? You know you want to, you know you love BHAFC, so let's go that extra mile for the last few and be positive. Well I will be whatever... I wanted safety in the summer and tonight we got it mathematically. The rest is a rollercoaster and I'll support it whatever twists and turns come our way.

Can we all do it as one voice? I'm sure I'll get a volley of abuse somewhere from this, but I'm a bit buzzed up right now so I don't care.

Wow that took me 23 minutes!!!

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Roger Roger. That's all received.

Very nice..yes..Let's push them and catapult them and go the extra mile and enjoy the ride.

Fine performance, orchestration, heart not skip a beat. All together now. Dominance.

Hard not to agree. Churlish, even.

Come on you super soaraway Seagulls!!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Excellent post mate.

Agree 100% with all of that.

What a time to be a Seagulls supporter.

Just thinking about the squad, the manager and especially the Amex makes me grin.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I know it's late, it's like 2:33am when I have started writing this. Didn't get home til 1.15am and I am on such a buzz! I never did drugs, I prefer to kill myself on alcohol and tobacco, but if I were on drugs then this is a high octane feeling... powdered pure petrol and 20 grams of it snorted in one! Probably more expensive than crack anyway.

Tonight was sublime, seeing Vicente orchestrate a football match must have been like watching Beethoven in some grand hall in Vienna back in the 1800's. I'm sure Beethoven had his favourite musician and Lua Lua played it out perfectly tonight, hitting all the notes as battened by the master. And the performing cast weren't to bad either. The symphony was perfectly played in the great Amex hall.

Nights like tonight have all of us, one and all, the family of Brighton, swooning with admiration and it is a pleasure to come home and read it. I would have read it on my victorious chariot back to London, alas, sadly my battery went out on the great handheld story teller.

Getting away from pompous shite I am writing... it is nice to see everyone together tonight, it is unusual and heart warming. I still think we need to learn a lesson or two regarding the high horse posting. I totally disagree that Derby were dirty, they made a few bad challenges, but we have seen that all season, and as their forum rightly points out, who are we to judge? Whether we deserve the accolade or not, we sit on the base of the dirtiest teams league. I actually felt refreshed by the refs leniency because yellows and reds just ruin games.

Apart from the final ten minutes when we seemed to go into underdrive and made the stats look better for Derby, we were just 100% in control. We bossed the game from the back to the front and vice versa. Until the final few minutes I don't remember missing a heartbeat because of a Derby threat. It was for all intents and purposes the finest performance I have seen us put together this season (for the games I have seen). Not just for the dominance, but the pressure of the play offs and on the back of a pretty ordinary performance on the past Saturday. Immense would sum it up for me.

I hate to see (as many now know) the constant barrage of negativity towards our manager, players, squad, coaches, et al. We have far to many moaners, whiners, NSC Brighton managers, people that think they can talk good tactics and yet at the end of the day, personally, I find it all very embarrassing that some of you can actually write these things, post them and live by it. We all make embarrassing posts, don't we? But sometimes the same people post the same shit over and over again, to the point where you think they really do think they can do better jobs. Through thick or thin I think we are better off just sticking with what we are given and enjoy the ride. From the depths of League 1 to 4th in the Championship with some 8 games left til the end of the season tells me that our club are doing something right, despite the detractors.

So can I just put something to the table here. Can we try and agree to push the team home for the remaining few games... show positivity and catapult them to the finish line. Please? Pretty please? You know you want to, you know you love BHAFC, so let's go that extra mile for the last few and be positive. Well I will be whatever... I wanted safety in the summer and tonight we got it mathematically. The rest is a rollercoaster and I'll support it whatever twists and turns come our way.

Can we all do it as one voice? I'm sure I'll get a volley of abuse somewhere from this, but I'm a bit buzzed up right now so I don't care.

Wow that took me 23 minutes!!!
this, with bells on. Fabulous post, great night, still grinning this morning :D

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just some nonsense ramblings and musings from a great night's footy. Oh I already have a Blue Peter badge from my yoof days! Due a gold one I think.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree with your post, but I fear it won't happen - this is North Stand Chat we're talking about!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
In what world are alcohol and tobacco not drugs?

They are indeed psycho-active substances, drugs. They are just socially accepted and politically profitable.

On topic, I agree with your sentiments and unfaltering support for the team is the least we can do for the remainder.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Just some nonsense ramblings and musings from a great night's footy. Oh I already have a Blue Peter badge from my yoof days! Due a gold one I think.
not nonsense at all - was an inspiring night & great to read through bleary eyes this morning. Couldn't agree with the original post more - let's have nothing but support for the team for the next few weeks, the finishing post's in sight :albion2::rock:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Great post. Last night was absolutely glorious and one of the most enjoyable 90 minutes of football I've ever seen.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yep, you do get the detractors, even last night at 1-nil, guy in front of me said something along the lines of we're going to f*** this up. I did say to him that he must be a glass half empty person which he denied. But he has been like it all season! Then the guy behind said something along the lines of "I can see this being 1-all". At which point Barnes scord and I was jumping around laughing and shouting "1-all hahaahaahah!".

What is it with these people? Cheer on the team even when they are flagging a bit and be positive. This has been such a fantastic season and is by far from over with 8 games to go! Com'on the Albion!:albion2::D

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Most amusing moment for me was when the misery guts I have the misfortune of sitting next to said, "book him for time wasting ref!"...

...when Brezovan had the ball at his feet, it was in play, and we were winning 1-0.

Amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports