[Albion] Joel Veltman Appreciation

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I hope we get this done. He is one of my favourite players, never seems to have a bad game and often has great ones - like today. Usually one of the first names on my hypothetical team sheet.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
So pleased he scored today. One of my favourite players. Still cannot believe we managed to buy such a good player for so little money (also see the Gross thread, and come to that Moises thread and Mac thread)
Mitoma, Ferguson, Dunk, March…

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
How have we allowed contract negotiations to drag on so late? I’d be really sad to see him go. Can only assume something is on his doorstep at home waiting for him to sign. Or there’s an incoming replacement. But, Joel has been at the heart of our renaissance as a passing side. I love him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How have we allowed contract negotiations to drag on so late? I’d be really sad to see him go. Can only assume something is on his doorstep at home waiting for him to sign. Or there’s an incoming replacement. But, Joel has been at the heart of our renaissance as a passing side. I love him.
Maybe RDZ isn’t fussed. He’s been used pretty sparingly under him unfortunately.
Would be a shame if he goes and I get the impression he / his family love it here

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe RDZ isn’t fussed. He’s been used pretty sparingly under him unfortunately.
Would be a shame if he goes and I get the impression he / his family love it here
I think you’re right.

Love RDZ, but god I can feel a Poyet moment coming on. Bet PB has got his hands full managing him. Let’s enjoy him while he’s here.

Maybe a chested goal is what RDZ will love.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I’d be seriously annoyed if we don’t want to keep him he’s so solid professional consistent and by all reports he puts in heaps during the week for work with school kids, Albion in the community too, brilliant player.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Really pleased for him. Doesn't sulk if not in the starting 11 but always plays well and keeps a calm head when required. Deserved his goal today and a bit like Gross is hugely valuable to us and our squad without getting as much notice as the players like Mitoma or Caicedo. Well played today Joel.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I look.upon this a little more positively.
I think (desperately hope) it's more of a case 'we want him to stay - he wants to stay' so we'll sort it all out at some point.

I'd be surprised if 'negotiations were dragging on', he's a little too old and a little to settled, currently a 2 club man, to be making demands and having tantrums.

As an aside has Veltman even got an agent?
Agent - "Joel I've got you a professional contract at Ajax".
Joel - "thanks".
Agents first born - "Joel I've got you a contract at Brighton".
Joel - "thanks".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports