Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My hunch is he is still a couple of 90 minute games with the U21’s away, but with our injury situation who knows? Just hope he isn’t rushed back, but trust the management and coaching team to do what’s right

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My hunch is he is still a couple of 90 minute games with the U21’s away, but with our injury situation who knows? Just hope he isn’t rushed back, but trust the management and coaching team to do what’s right
We do seem to normally do the right thing with players returning from injury...but Estupinan, what happened there, does anyone here know, did he get a bad knock against Ajax?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We do seem to normally do the right thing with players returning from injury...but Estupinan, what happened there, does anyone here know, did he get a bad knock against Ajax?
It was very strange, because I could tell within seconds he wasn’t right. Body language was wrong from the first few steps on the pitch, nearly cost us a goal and couldn’t run to get back. Strange one, looked like he’d rather be anywhere else,

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Whilst this is fantastic news does anyone know how many times he's played for the U21s?

As far as I'm aware he's only played 30 minutes in a game for them last week. Surely he's played more? It seems crazy that you can be out injured for 18 months, play once for 30 minutes and then be ready for premier league action. If he has only played that one 30 minutes then can we assume his place on the bench is as a reward/incentive and there's actually zero chance of seeing him come on?

It is, regardless, great news to see him being ever closer to first team readiness.
He played 30 mins and then 45 in his second match

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whilst this is fantastic news does anyone know how many times he's played for the U21s?

As far as I'm aware he's only played 30 minutes in a game for them last week. Surely he's played more? It seems crazy that you can be out injured for 18 months, play once for 30 minutes and then be ready for premier league action. If he has only played that one 30 minutes then can we assume his place on the bench is as a reward/incentive and there's actually zero chance of seeing him come on?

It is, regardless, great news to see him being ever closer to first team readiness.
He’ll have played a fair amount of matches behind closed doors I suspect……not quite at the competitive level of an U21 game perhaps but all contributes to minutes. I wouldn’t assume anything about his fitness - plenty enough people at the club all over it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It was very strange, because I could tell within seconds he wasn’t right. Body language was wrong from the first few steps on the pitch, nearly cost us a goal and couldn’t run to get back. Strange one, looked like he’d rather be anywhere else,
Yeah that's what I thought too. Maybe just that we were a bit desperate,and he was desperate to help the team, and both made the wrong call...it happens.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He’ll have played a fair amount of matches behind closed doors I suspect……not quite at the competitive level of an U21 game perhaps but all contributes to minutes. I wouldn’t assume anything about his fitness - plenty enough people at the club all over it.
Yeah, I'm sure they're not going to be chucking him into action if he's only played those 30 mins. I was more interested to know how close to actual first team football he is, if anyone had a better knowledge of his rehab than my vague one.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Plus he may only come on for the last 15 minutes which would be brilliant

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
And Lampty wasn’t up to it at Everton , injured again in warm up or pre warm up

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It looked like he told the physio his knee wasn’t right or something judging by his hand signals

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Glad it wasn’t just me that thought it wasn’t just a physical thing.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Not going to feel comfortable until we get that two goal cushion. Looked like we were going to concede something soft at the end of that half.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Great to see the reception Moder got when warming up during the first half

But too far from the ESU bods to have known.

IMG_2023-11-12-235531.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here