Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jakub Moder

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Great to see, but he’ll be miles away from even featuring for the dev squad…

Looking at the scarring on his knee - ouch, he’s been through it that’s for sure, really hope he can find his way back :)

Certainly a very capable player, who let’s not forget made Kyle Walker look very clumsy during that game vs Poland a while back …

Good luck Jakub

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would love to see Moder playing in the middle of an RdZ team. I think he'll be a perfect fit.
Hmm. I'm not convinced. I think he was more suited to a Potter set-up, being more fluid. He might be more suited to a 10/ACM/support striker role (a la Lallana) in a RDZ system. Can't see him being used as a winger/wide forward, and have my doubts about whether he's got all the required attributes for CM. But, with a bit of luck, we'll get to find out.

Jimmy Grimble

I wonder how much his injury was a sliding doors moment. We had been on a terrible run upto that Norwich 0-0 at home when he got injured, then beat Arsenal away the following week with Caicedo playing. I know it wasn’t necessarily a like-for-like swap, but Moder being unavailable must have made it a lot easier to pick Caicedo.

From that game onwards we’ve not really looked back.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Do we take the fact that the club have included him in the 20-man PL squad list (A), as an indication that he might just feature this side of January?

Or is that list literally just every single player over 21 on a pro deal at the club?
Every over-21 player at the club (who is not out on loan*) is on the list, so I don't think his inclusion tells us anything about his likelihood to be fit this side of Christmas.

Perhaps more worryingly, he has NOT been included in the A list for the UEFA Europa League, which might indicate he is not expected to be playing first team football between now and December.

*Intriguingly, Carl Rushworth (who IS out on loan) is also included.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Every over-21 player at the club (who is not out on loan*) is on the list, so I don't think his inclusion tells us anything about his likelihood to be fit this side of Christmas.

Perhaps more worryingly, he has NOT been included in the A list for the UEFA Europa League, which might indicate he is not expected to be playing first team football between now and December.

*Intriguingly, Carl Rushworth (who IS out on loan) is also included.
Although you are probably right, it might be we know he definitely won't be ready for first 3 or 4 Euro fixtures, and if he does come back before Christmas, he definitely won't be playing 2 games a week for a while.
Re Rushworth, presumably that is hedging against an injury to both first choice keepers which could happen. I assume we have an early release clause on his loan as a consequence

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Although you are probably right, it might be we know he definitely won't be ready for first 3 or 4 Euro fixtures, and if he does come back before Christmas, he definitely won't be playing 2 games a week for a while.
Re Rushworth, presumably that is hedging against an injury to both first choice keepers which could happen. I assume we have an early release clause on his loan as a consequence
Teams can sign an emergency goalie on loan at anytime during the season, if they have an injury crisis. I would imagine they can recall outward loans too in such an emergency.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He's coming..... and the wait will just make it feel even better (see below)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A welcome sight today:-

Moder.jpg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don’t forget how well this lad was doing… would be starting many games if he was fit and playing like he was. Him and Gilmour would work well for me…

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don’t forget how well this lad was doing… would be starting many games if he was fit and playing like he was. Him and GilProving mour would work well for us.
Providing his rehabliltation continues and he makes it back to first team action, this could be akin to a new signing for us, there are many fans new to the Albion over the last couple of years or so who will never have seen him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here