[Albion] ITV 4 Big match revisited

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Look closely and at the end you'll see a ten year old forming the view, that remains until today, Southampton and Spurs are cheating WANKERS.

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Bobby Robson pulling rank with Terry Neill in the golden goals,great stuff
Appreciate football is better today
But for pure entertainment it was better back in those days

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Spurs and southampton made me cry that day. Aston villa beating spurs to europe last year and us beating Southampton to qualify for Europe are just part of the healing process.

After the game I remember Mullery saying we would come back bigger and stronger the year after, and we did!

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
West Ham went down
Cambridge went up
They were the only teams to win at the Goldstone the following season

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I don’t remember the South stand being all standing ( it looked that way ). When did it go to an all seater ?
Remember sitting there in late 80’s

el punal

I don’t remember the South stand being all standing ( it looked that way ). When did it go to an all seater ?
It wasn’t all standing. The back half was wooden bench seating and the front half was terracing. It caught fire c1980? after which they made it all seating.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
There was a fire in the south stand near the end of the 1979/80 season - think it was after a home game against Middlesbrough. It was converted into all seater at the start of the next season

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Photo from 1977 when it had also had seats in the upper tier.

IMG_1298.jpeg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Look closely and at the end you'll see a ten year old forming the view, that remains until today, Southampton and Spurs are cheating WANKERS.
I think the highlights of the other game were on MOTD. Burkinshaw and McMenemy walked out of the tunnel together, waving at the crowd. Neither side had a shot worthy of the name. One of the worst stitch-ups in the history of the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Spurs and southampton made me cry that day. Aston villa beating spurs to europe last year and us beating Southampton to qualify for Europe are just part of the healing process.

After the game I remember Mullery saying we would come back bigger and stronger the year after, and we did!
Although we actually ended up with exactly the same number of points as the previous season!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

el punal

I think the highlights of the other game were on MOTD. Burkinshaw and McMenemy walked out of the tunnel together, waving at the crowd. Neither side had a shot worthy of the name. One of the worst stitch-ups in the history of the game.
The rumour was, how true I don’t know, that Tony Funnell hit the post for Saints and was immediately substituted. Can’t have that sort of honesty ruining our ‘let’s all cheat’ scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports