Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Igor , Dahoud and Fati. What an absolute waste of money.

One of RDZ's legacies. Rubbish.

Lesson learnt for next manager stick to the formula and don't allow someone else's recommendations !!
RDZ’s actual legacy is the best year in the Premier League you are likely to see in a while. Do you honestly see anyone beating what he achieved

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
RDZ’s actual legacy is the best year in the Premier League you are likely to see in a while. Do you honestly see anyone beating what he achieved
Roberto De Zerbi built on the foundations laid by Potter, with the good start to the season and the developed players.

I think Potter could have achieved similar heights if he stayed in charge.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Igor can't defend. I remember Luton away this season where I was really close to the action, and he was pitiful , league one standard.

I enjoy it when he dribbles or puts in a solid challenge but .....He.simply.cant. defend.

You don’t remember Luton away that well. Igor didn’t even play. If you were that close to the action did you have your eyes shut?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Igor definitely played at Luton as I clearly remember them playing the ball in the gap between him and Estupinan repeatedly in the first half and us not having an answer.

Yes my mistake I looked at the home game.

No one came out of Luton with any positives, it was an 11 person shitshow. So not sure any one player should be singled out for their performance in that game.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Yes my mistake I looked at the home game.

No one came out of Luton with any positives, it was an 11 person shitshow. So not sure any one player should be singled out for their performance in that game.
Agree. I like Igor. I'm not sure he's a first choice every week, but he's a good player and perfect for games where we're expected to dominate possession.

But there's no getting away from the fact he had a shocker at Luton (along with six or seven others)!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Igor has never looked much of a defender, I struggle to see his good points, maybe going forward..sometimes. Fati just isn't all that. Dahoud was just a very substandard midfield at this level. Disappointed with giving Danny two more years he is so up and down, today was a typical Danny game great at times with lots of poor mixed in.
Looking forward to next season to see how a new guy...or lady can take the Albion forward.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Igor at fault for both goals. He's useless, simple as. Bloom must be fuming.
This is nonsense. First goal was down to Webster being kept off the pitch by officials and us not reorganising

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Running is quite an important thing to be able to do in football. He can’t run. He looks like he’s towing a caravan and he turns like the titanic
Never affected our Pascal

Yoda

English & European
Running is quite an important thing to be able to do in football. He can’t run. He looks like he’s towing a caravan and he turns like the titanic
That's because most of the time he's had to play left back with Pervis out injured which is not his natural position. Most of the time (today's second half excluded) when he's played at centre back, he's been an okay to good back up for Dunk or JP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With all due respect, there’s no way we signed these guys without Bloom’s approval. It just isn’t how we operate. This all feels a bit like Naylor and the club doing some good PR to apportion blame elsewhere, when the failings for the season really are theirs.
Doesn't feel like that at all. Many of us felt at the time (and said so on NSC) that Dahoud and Fati were more de Zerbi's ideas than the recruitment team's.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Igor can't defend. I remember Luton away this season where I was really close to the action, and he was pitiful , league one standard.

I enjoy it when he dribbles or puts in a solid challenge but .....He.simply.cant. defend.
This

At left back he can be covered, but he was dreadful today on both goals, and looked hopelessly out of his depth.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Pedro , baleba , barco , van hecke, enciso ....I can go on.
When you do go on is it possible for you to explain HOW you know how each player was selected given it would clearly be information only insiders would know ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here