Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] I miss Brighton

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A couple of years ago I took two people to Brighton to have a good look round , staying there till the early hours of the next day.
One thought it one of the best towns / cities they had ever visited and the other thought it was full of pretentious pricks who tried ever so hard to be part of the eclectic scene.
So I suppose that's art .......it's just how you view it.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
What does Brighton mean to me? Well, do I use the coast road or go over Woodingdean to get round the bl**dy place.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I bloody love Brighton, it's my only home and one day I will move back.

You and me both, Frank. You and me both. Looking forward to a week's holiday there in a week's time.

“I miss it enormously. I miss Brighton enormously, enormously." The words of Cate Blanchett from a few months ago. Brings tears to my eyes....

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I love brighton but since the city got rid of Pirates Deep, the place has never had that same sort of buzz.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The atmosphere in Brighton last weekend with the main festival and Great Escape happening was just perfect. I too love the place and am fortunate to live just round the corner.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What I miss about Brighton and Hove no longer exists, though many will remember those nights in Brighton where towards evenings end you would drift towards Hove because it had an extra half hours drinking time.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Moved away to Suffolk for 10 years, it's a lovely place but.

Moved back the same year as we started at Withdean. Won't get me living in another UK town / city again

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The atmosphere in Brighton last weekend with the main festival and Great Escape happening was just perfect. I too love the place and am fortunate to live just round the corner.

This.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I used to live in number 43. Only garage in the street, but neither my wife or I drove at the time. Tiny, tiny garden.

I have to ask the question- what made you move out then? With a garage that's a real moneypot.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I have, honestly, considered dumping my other half because I want to move back and she wants to be near to her ( dull) family and emotionally retarded mum.

Long term that might be the only option. I have time on my side. Her mum can't live forever.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I have to ask the question- what made you move out then? With a garage that's a real moneypot.

We were renting and bought a house in Stanford Road instead, with a slightly bigger garden. It was great being in the North Laine, although the seagulls on the roof were really loud. The bar The Office was pretty much behind the house, but it wasn't too loud. Spent too much money nipping out to Infinity Foods to buy stuff. Resident opened while we were there too - very handy. We're staying about two minutes from there the week after next, so it'll be like old times, except it's only ours for the week :down:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We were renting and bought a house in Stanford Road instead, with a slightly bigger garden. It was great being in the North Laine, although the seagulls on the roof were really loud. The bar The Office was pretty much behind the house, but it wasn't too loud. Spent too much money nipping out to Infinity Foods to buy stuff. Resident opened while we were there too - very handy. We're staying about two minutes from there the week after next, so it'll be like old times, except it's only ours for the week :down:

I am sure you will have a great time. Bound to be lots happening with it being half term and there must be some live music worth seaking out. Resident always a must.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I am sure you will have a great time. Bound to be lots happening with it being half term and there must be some live music worth seaking out. Resident always a must.

We've got Kids Comedy Club at The Komedia, plus we'll probably go to see something at the Spiegeltent. Bit quiet for music that week though. Don't think we'll have any problems filling the time, especially if the weather holds. The kids love Resident, although they end up getting in everyone's way. I need to watch out or it'll be a very expensive half-term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here