I have to confess I'm getting mildly aroused at the thought of next season...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Falmer only a couple of years off now, the return of Mickey and Virgs, the other signings of McLeod, Prof Hawkings and now Livermore, the maturing of 3rd season pros such as Coxy, the Tommies, Lynchy etc.
It does feel like the start of a new era to be honest.
Ah, the optimism of summer. Feel free to bounce this in mid December when the snow is a foot deep and we are 6 points adrift having sacked Mickey and with Martin Hinshelwood at the helm...

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Come On Ye Albion !

Cant wait for the new season - what are the odds of FDM coming off at half time due to his pony kicking ?

I had the misfortune to be at Crewe last year so lets hope history doesnt repeat itself....

:falmerspi

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I agree completely...Albion turn the corner just as I have to give up the old ST!

:down:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
still need a natural left back by the looks of things

Michel Kuipers (G)
John Sullivan (G)

Adam El-Abd (D)
Tommy Elphick (D)
Colin Hawkins (D)
Joel Lynch (D)
Andrew Pearson (D)
Andrew Whing (D)
Adam Virgo (D)

Scott Chamberlain (M)
Dean Cox (M)
Wes Fogden (M)
Tommy Fraser (M)
Kevin McLeod (M)
Doug Loft (M)
Dan Royce (M)
Steven Thomson (M)
Kane Wills (M)
David Livermore (M)

Jonny Dixon (F)
NickyForster (F)
Sam Gargan (F)
Joe Gatting(F)
Glenn Murray (F)
Jake Robinson (F)
Kane Louis (F)

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
If my memory serves me right we hit the beans on toast and base guitar as well

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I tell you what, I say this EVERY Summer but I can't honestly wait for this season

VINTAGE feel to it already :) , providing people give the players abit of leighway at the start I can see this being one to remember..

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Says on the official site and wikipedia that Livermore is a central midfielder - a shame really, as I've seen him play left back at lot and looking decent.

Still, looks like Thomson has a bit of competition now if he does play in the middle, and it surely means that we WON'T have to play Fraser or El-abd in midfield, which can only be a good thing.

Things are looking bloody good if we can pick up any of left back, reserve striker/reserve keeper!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Decent left back in and I'm placing a bet on us to go up...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Looking good, but still a left-back, midfielder, and reserve striker away from being a promotion-contending squad. We have a decent first eleven (bar left-back), but I don't think we can just rely on Livermore and Thomson in the midfield. If one of those gets injured, the replacement would be Fraser or El Abd - either of which is simply a nightmare waiting to happen. We could always just buy a winger and use Cox as a possibility in the middle. There's also the problem of having noone to change a game upfront when Forster or Murray are replaced. Virgo could be, but I'm presuming he'll be at the back.

Still, we've solved a lot of our problems and it's still only July 3rd. Get at least two of the three players I just mentioned and we're in business.

Agree with you there, but nothing Hammond, Gillespie and Richards cant sort out ;)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Livermore is a "midfielder who can fill in at left-back or left-wing." I definitely wouldn't be contemplating wasting him at left-back when the middle of our midfield is such a disaster zone.

"he's already said to me that there might be occasions at the moment where he wants me to play left back, but ultimately he wants me to play as a central midfield player".

A slightly worrying inference that perhaps the hunt for a left back isn't going too well.

Still, a top signing. :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A left back and Currie and we are a top six side for sure.

Virgo is our cover up front as we have a shed load of defenders who can fill in if required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports