Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How to avoid re-reading old posts?

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
If I click on thread that I have previously read posts from, is there a way of only seeing new posts in that thread?

For example, if I click "Mark Forums Read", and later click "New Posts" - is there an option that would only take me to the new posts in threads that have had new posts. When I do this it always restarts on page 1 of the thread that has new posts on a later page.

What have I missed?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If I click on thread that I have previously read posts from, is there a way of only seeing new posts in that thread?

For example, if I click "Mark Forums Read", and later click "New Posts" - is there an option that would only take me to the new posts in threads that have had new posts. When I do this it always restarts on page 1 of the thread that has new posts on a later page.

What have I missed?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Click/tap on that little grey arrow icon to the left of the thread title...

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 13.07.00.png

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Has become an issue on TapaTalk where thread open to previous posts read and not most recent unread

Quite annoying especially when a binfest is in play

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

What have I missed?

Click the First Unread link to right.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

What have I missed?

On other forums if there's a 20 page thread and the last time you read the thread was page 9 when you visit the thread again as soon as you click on the thread link it take you back to the post you last viewed in the thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On other forums if there's a 20 page thread and the last time you read the thread was page 9 when you visit the thread again as soon as you click on the thread link it take you back to the post you last viewed in the thread.

That's exactly what the link I've posted above does.

You have three choices...

1. Click on the thread title, which takes you to the first post on the thread.
2. Follow the instruction above, which takes you to the first post you have yet to read in the thread.
3. Click the arrow on the far right which will take you to the very last post in the thread.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 13.13.08.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That's exactly what the link I've posted above does.

You have three choices...

1. Click on the thread title, which takes you to the first post on the thread.
2. Follow the instruction above, which takes you to the first post you have yet to read in the thread.
3. Click the arrow on the far right which will take you to the very last post in the thread.

View attachment 152470

Did you mean to add a bit more to 1.? - If you have unread posts in a thread and do what you've noted to open the thread at post one, there is also the option to 'view first unread post' which appears in the top right next to the 'thread tools' option. (it only shows up if there are unread posts)

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 20.29.42.png

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here