Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finally using a villa plus voucher from just before the first lockdown. A week in menorca middle of July, back for 3 days then off on a stag do to Amsterdam!

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Meant to be flying to Naples Thursday morning from Gatwick, flight cancelled an hour ago.

EasyJet online system offered us the next alternative flight showing as the end of May (7 weeks after we were meant to travel). Managed to get the last 2 seats on a Luton flight 6am Thursday instead, but obviously means a cab stupidly early hours of Thursday. The site is an absolute shambles, and no other alternatives out of Gatwick at all anywhere remotely close to Naples. Absolute shambles.

Anyone know what chance Easyjet would cover taxi cost via a claim, given it's impossible to get to the airport any other way at that hour.... and that we were initially booked to travel via Gatwick?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Meant to be flying to Naples Thursday morning from Gatwick, flight cancelled an hour ago.

EasyJet online system offered us the next alternative flight showing as the end of May (7 weeks after we were meant to travel). Managed to get the last 2 seats on a Luton flight 6am Thursday instead, but obviously means a cab stupidly early hours of Thursday. The site is an absolute shambles, and no other alternatives out of Gatwick at all anywhere remotely close to Naples. Absolute shambles.

Anyone know what chance Easyjet would cover taxi cost via a claim, given it's impossible to get to the airport any other way at that hour.... and that we were initially booked to travel via Gatwick?

Jebus, not looking forward to our flight Sunday or a text two hours before…

Are you worried about the return flight ?

Good luck

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Also check which terminal - easyJet flying from both north and south terminals now

Ah yes. They were giving out info with the wrong terminals last weekend. I used to have a lot of time for EasyJet but they’re really frustrating at the moment. The fact they have dropped mandatory masking on some flights (Denmark, Gibraltar, Iceland and Hungary) for both punters and staff and are now whining about Covid sickness isn’t lost on me either. Two of those countries have the highest rates in Europe. Idiots.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Jebus, not looking forward to our flight Sunday or a text two hours before…

Are you worried about the return flight ?

Good luck

Yep, the rebooking/alternative flight offering site is awfully basic and offers no real help either. As I say it offered us no alternative until late May, despite flights showing available earlier on the EasyJet site.

The return is with Wizz into Gatwick (timings far better than easyJet), but yes still a little concerned. But that’s all covered by insurance if we have to have a night or two extra, no big deal.

Noticeable looking tonight just how sparse ANY alternatives were from Gatwick even looking at Rome, Milan, Florence etc with the idea of getting the train down to Naples/Sorrento. It’s chaos, and I am usually a huge fan of EasyJet and use them regularly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Next week is going to be carnage.... get to the airport early if you are heading away

Prescient.

I've been desperate to get away, not been abroad since 2018 now. But the whole covid shambles with traffic lights and covid corridors and all that bollocks, which have changed by the day at short notice, has put me right off. Seeing all the poor sods being left high and dry at airports this week has only reinforced my reticence for travelling at this time.

A complete clusterf*ck is only ever an announcement away.

51704460852_147f1431f0_z.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Prescient.

I've been desperate to get away, not been abroad since 2018 now. But the whole covid shambles with traffic lights and covid corridors and all that bollocks, which have changed by the day at short notice, has put me right off. Seeing all the poor sods being left high and dry at airports this week has only reinforced my reticence for travelling at this time.

A complete clusterf*ck is only ever an announcement away.

51704460852_147f1431f0_z.jpg

It is insane, Ive seen a lot of blame aimed at the airlines and whilst they are not blame free you cant train up crew/security etc etc at a drop of a hat, the Gov needs to take the brunt of the blame.

Connections in the USA are a massive issue as well, mainly in Atlanta .

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Easyjet today cancelled my flight to Faro which was due to depart on Saturday. Had my first real holiday booked sine 2019.
No flights align with my booking at The Conrad and as its a family holiday i have cancelled.
Wife in tears.
Shit happens...

scooter1

How soon is now?
Easyjet today cancelled my flight to Faro which was due to depart on Saturday. Had my first real holiday booked sine 2019.
No flights align with my booking at The Conrad and as its a family holiday i have cancelled.
Wife in tears.
Shit happens...

Ahh thats shit, sorry to hear!
We're booked to go to the Canary Islands on Monday with Easyjet and i'm expecting a cancellation email.....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Simon Calder talks about your compensation rights here

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...t-cancelled-covid-gatwick-luton-b2049588.html

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

EasyJet online system offered us the next alternative flight showing as the end of May (7 weeks after we were meant to travel). Managed to get the last 2 seats on a Luton flight 6am Thursday instead, but obviously means a cab stupidly early hours of Thursday. The site is an absolute shambles, and no other alternatives out of Gatwick at all anywhere remotely close to Naples.Absolute shambles.

Prob a bit late for you now but did you consider flying to Rome? There's a flight from LGW scheduled at 06:40 Thursday (tho must admit I've not checked if it's cancelled or fully booked). Naples is 1hr 20mins by train from Rome Termini station. Good luck anyways!

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Prob a bit late for you now but did you consider flying to Rome? There's a flight from LGW scheduled at 06:40 Thursday (tho must admit I've not checked if it's cancelled or fully booked). Naples is 1hr 20mins by train from Rome Termini station. Good luck anyways!

We did indeed. However the link EasyJet send to rebook is incredibly basic and doesn’t allow you to change departure or destination airports (it also showed flights as sold out which were ‘available’ on the main site). The only way of doing that is on the phone… we got through 10 minutes before customer service shut and took the 6:15am Luton option tomorrow.

Will submit a claim for the difference in cab fair from Gatwick to Luton, more in hope than expectation.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Holy hell, taxi booked for 4am to Gatwick to fly to Sicily…

Somethings not quite right, I took a test yesterday nothing, took a test this morning and positive…

Mr feckin less popular than normal right now, one hotel won’t refund, flights changed to next sat extra £267.00, taxi cancelled.

Slung in the spare room like a leper….
Feel like shit, aches, headache, muscles hurt, light headed.

Bollox

D

Deleted member 22389

Holy hell, taxi booked for 4am to Gatwick to fly to Sicily…

Somethings not quite right, I took a test yesterday nothing, took a test this morning and positive…

Mr feckin less popular than normal right now, one hotel won’t refund, flights changed to next sat extra £267.00, taxi cancelled.

Slung in the spare room like a leper….
Feel like shit, aches, headache, muscles hurt, light headed.

Bollox

Sorry to hear about you having to cancel, and hope you feel better in a few days. We all need a holiday, it's been so weird not being able to get out of this country. We already cancelled our trip last year because of Covid restrictions.

I'm hoping to get away to Italy in the summer to see family, and this is my worry. I want to go for two weeks, but now wondering if we should just book a week and shield ourselves 6 days before leaving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here