Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry, Spurs and the transfer window

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When has Harry ever had to work within the parameters of the FA?

Can't read
Can't write
Can't email
Can't text
Dog for accountant

Yet is the biggest wheeler dealer we have EVER seen in this country. Amazing isn't it?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
any player, out of contract, can join any club at any time of the season.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ryan Nelson cancelled his contract then promptly joined Spurs after the window had shut. This, of course, is allowed but still......

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What about a player moving on "an initial three-and-a-half month spell but is then expected to make a £3.1 million move to the north London club."

Loan to buy - like Vokes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It is 'Arry being imaginative with the rules book again.

No rules to prevent a loan but they do prevent him from playing in competitive matches (incl reserve team level) - he will use the time to settle in to the cultural changes between Brazil and UK and it still wont be enough - good idea though and surprised more clubs don't do it.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
But loan deals are allowed in the Championship, there is another transfer window for it after the main January one.

I thought this emergancy loan deal window does not exist in The Premier League, or have I got that wrong?

As far as I know (and from a quick check on the internet) there isn't a loan window in the Premier League. As [MENTION=6678]severnside gull[/MENTION] says though it might be ok if he doesn't play competitively till next year.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
reading the article I would suggest it is as severnside gull says, 3 months to settle into country before playing next season, ties him in before another club can grab him, also gives them time to get a work permit.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
OK so he has gone on loan and not allowed to play. I don't really understand what Sao Paulo achieve buy letting one of their better players go and not play. I don't really understand why The Premier League would the transfer if the transfer window is closed, but ho hum.

Transfer window closed, should mean no transfers should take place. But rules are there to be broken, bent etc. I guess we did it with LuaLua

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
any player, out of contract, can join any club at any time of the season.
Don't come in 'ere wiv ya facts an' all dat shit mate. Fing is yeah, FA wouldn't let anyone else do it would dey, but for 'arry fings is different innit.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
OK so he has gone on loan and not allowed to play. I don't really understand what Sao Paulo achieve buy letting one of their better players go and not play. I don't really understand why The Premier League would the transfer if the transfer window is closed, but ho hum.

Transfer window closed, should mean no transfers should take place. But rules are there to be broken, bent etc. I guess we did it with LuaLua

Well I imagine they're letting him go cos it means they get a guaranteed £3.1 mil at the end of the season, and he's probably still on their books and not on Spurs' books at all. It's super cheeky, but just about workable as the transfer isn't actually taking place.

Of course if he plays competitively then it all goes out the window and I've no f***ing idea how Harry's done the deal. Do they possibly have feeder clubs that allow joint registration or something like that? Would be super sketchy, but possibly a loophole?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I guess we did it with LuaLua

I still don't understand how that happened...he was on loan, and we all hoped we'd sign him on a permanent when the window opened - and we signed him on a permanent before it opened. Why were we allowed to do this?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I still don't understand how that happened...he was on loan, and we all hoped we'd sign him on a permanent when the window opened - and we signed him on a permanent before it opened. Why were we allowed to do this?

You can make a loan deal permanent at any time I think, but only bring in loan players in the transfer and loan windows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here