Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Guinness Zero

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How about when you are the designated driver and you can't stand sweet sugary drinks like OJ and lemonade and you don't want to sit there looking like a social leper when everyone else has got a lovely looking beer in front of them? Now that non-alcoholic beer tastes perfectly good it is a bloody useful alternative.

I have been off the alcohol for over 9 months, I still go to pubs and not once have I thought I looked like a “social leper” ??? if I have a soft drink.
I also haven’t thought I must have a drink that looks like a pint, it really doesn’t bother me.
I suppose I’m lucky because I enjoy drinking soft drinks, I would drive and not drink alcohol in the past if we went out for a meal.

I get your point that some may not like sweet soft drinks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you really mean the next day, I assume you mean solids. That sounds like gluten intolerance to me (from the cereal in beer). Try an equivalent amount of cider and see if the effect is the same.

Thanks for the info, that post was more of a joke H :lolol:
I did do an all dayer on Guinness once and that’s why I didn’t feel too good the next day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have been off the alcohol for over 9 months, I still go to pubs and not once have I thought I looked like a “social leper” ??? if I have a soft drink.
I also haven’t thought I must have a drink that looks like a pint, it really doesn’t bother me.
I suppose I’m lucky because I enjoy drinking soft drinks, I would drive and not drink alcohol in the past if we went out for a meal.

I get your point that some may not like sweet soft drinks.

Some people enjoy the taste of the no alcohol but it’s not for me. I often feel like just not drinking, especially on a long walk or if I’m tired. Plus I used to be a heavy drinker so now I take it a lot easier. No specific issue, just want to be healthier.
Choices in pubs are much better these days since the smoking ban and more “friendly” pubs. More families in pubs so more choice.
I quite like a cranberry juice with fizzy water or an Earl Grey, darling!
Don’t get me wrong, when I’m out for a drink, I’m out for a drink and it gets splashy. And if I drink indoors it’s usually a glass or two of Malbec. It just doesn’t happen as much anymore. As with most people, one runs out of steam! Plus moping around with a two day hangover just doesn’t appeal as much in my forties.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Brilliantly down alcohol free version, and very enjoyable. Sadly not yet launched in the US yet but was very happy to try a few when over in Sussex during the summer. Hopefully will have it in shops here soon.

A lot of up and coming breweries doing some great non-alcoholic versions over here, becoming a really big thing which is great for folks like me!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Some people enjoy the taste of the no alcohol but it’s not for me. I often feel like just not drinking, especially on a long walk or if I’m tired. Plus I used to be a heavy drinker so now I take it a lot easier. No specific issue, just want to be healthier.
Choices in pubs are much better these days since the smoking ban and more “friendly” pubs. More families in pubs so more choice.
I quite like a cranberry juice with fizzy water or an Earl Grey, darling!
Don’t get me wrong, when I’m out for a drink, I’m out for a drink and it gets splashy. And if I drink indoors it’s usually a glass or two of Malbec. It just doesn’t happen as much anymore. As with most people, one runs out of steam! Plus moping around with a two day hangover just doesn’t appeal as much in my forties.

I was a weekend binger, but I suffered with bad hangovers, I never touched alcohol during the week.
I originally only stopped because in February I had some work to do on my house, I thought I would get more done if I didn’t have a hangover. I actually enjoyed feeling better every weekend, sleeping better and not getting moody.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was a weekend binger, but I suffered with bad hangovers, I never touched alcohol during the week.
I originally only stopped because in February I had some work to do on my house, I thought I would get more done if I didn’t have a hangover. I actually enjoyed feeling better every weekend, sleeping better and not getting moody.

Makes a huge difference doesn’t it. A tricky habit to break but great when you crack it .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here